What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladder Predictions for 2012

Which teams will make the playoffs in 2012?

• Manly

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Warriors

Votes: 130 73.4%
  • Nth Qld

Votes: 105 59.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 96 54.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Canberra

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 145 81.9%
  • Souths

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 93 52.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Penrith

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 55 31.1%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 121 68.4%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 51 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Shines

First Grade
1 Melbourne
2 Tigpies
3 Warriors
4 Manly
5 Brisbane
6 Dragons
7 Bulldogs
8 Knights

9 Souffs
10 Cowboys
11 Raiders
12 Roosters
13 Parramatta
14 Cronulla
15 Gold Coast
16 Penrith

bileduct

Coach
The only result that is already certain is -

16. Raiders

Terrible recruitment, shit coach, delusional management and an all round f**king disgrace.

bileduct

Coach
Can we get 2014 predictions please? :D
I am sure that the Raiders will win at least one game each year until then, so David Furner will still be coach. Given that, in 2014 -

16) Raiders

Furner will be rewarded for three spoons in a row a 100 year extension to his contract.

anjado

Juniors
1. Cowboys - I think the Cowboys could be in for a big season next season, they were disappointing at the back end of last season. 2012 could be there year they were hurt by injuries in the back end. They have a stack of quality players Thurston,Bowen Payne,Scott,Tariq Sims,Johnson. Plus they have good juniors coming through since the Toyota Cup side should of won the premiership. I think they have a strong core with some emerging talent coming through and they will make the Grand Final.

2. Storm - With the Bellamy system and the big 3 they will always be up there.

3. Knights - I think they have recruited well and i think they will be very tough to beat at home, Bennett is the big factor obviously but i think the signing of Snowden adds some go forward which is something they have lacked for a while.

4. Sea Eagles - There will be a slight drop off for Manly as there was in 09, but another team which has a system in place to succeed.

5. Tigers - They will be pretty much the same as this season, they are capable of anything with Benji it will be interesting to see how Blair goes since they got rid of so many players to fit him in.

6. Warriors - I think they might start slow this season is a massive test for them a good season this year and i think they will be in the top 4 for many seasons to come.

7. Dragons - I think St George will have a decent season i think the signings of Vidot and Moltzen are both quality signings. But they have lost a couple of key men it will be interesting who they pick in the centres i wouldn't mind seeing Nightingale given a run.

8. Rabbitohs - They will make the eight finally. Reynolds will prove to be a solid half back and the team will have some direction. I think they will have a good year.

9. Bulldogs - I think there halves might let them down. Tolman and Graham in the front row will make them tough to beat.

10. Broncos - I like the Broncos it just depends who is going to play five eighth, Wallace is a decent foil for Lockyer but if the responsibility is on him to carry the play making duties it could be a tough year.

11. Raiders - I am unsure of the coach this time last year i thought they were certainties for the last 4. They have a squad capable of doing great things i am just concerned at the nepotism i heard Justin Morgan might be coming in as an assistant this may help them realize there potential. The difference between where i have the Knights and the Raiders is only down to coaching.

12. Eels - I am not sold on Stephen Kearney or even Chris Sandow. John Lang always get's the best out of indiginous players he let's them play what's in front of them. Wesser,Campbell,Roberts,Peachey. All played there best football under Lang. Sandow will be asked to be a Cooper Cronk clone and i am not sure if he is that type of halfback.

13. Titans - Same as Brisbane though Prince is more past it and Campbell is gone, There forwards should be better Douglas is the most underrated player in the game in my opinion. Myles was superb for the Roosters throughout most of his tenure. Idris is up in the air he could be a fantastic buy or one of the worst ever.

14. Roosters - Hardest team to judge in my opinion, Carney circus is finally away from them but he was what made them so good in 09. They really could finish anywhere on the table, Brian Smith is a good coach at getting teams you don't think much of to perform at a higher level.

15. Sharks - This could be the best and most entertaining Sharks team in 10 years but after so many years of losing it is hard to tip them. Losing Snowden and Douglas is a blow but Gibbs and Fifita are both decent enough. De Gois is a quality dummy half and a great signing. I think it is all down to confidence i think if they start well they could easily make the top 8.

16. Panthers - Rebuilding year Penrith with a better coach and better run with injuries could even squeeze into the eight. Signings haven't really been inspiring except Daniela who should come in for Purtell. Losing Petero is a massive blow losing Bell also is a minor one. It will be interesting to see what Penrith do int he halves this year, Between Sjeika,Austin,Burns and Walsh they have to find the right combination. I think also Penrith lack an explosive back rower Lewis is one of the best players in the NRL but then you have Nigel Plum and Nathan Smith next to him Penrith need an explosive hard running back rower from somewhere.

All in all nearly impossible to choose a day after the season. Every team in the NRL next season has a chance to make i will say the top 4 really they do. It is funny i don't think any of the teams in the NRL currently are too weak or too strong it is an interesting time.

to_ddeath

Coach
1. Manly - all the pieces are in place for them to be in contention again
2. Souths - with Supercoach 3.0 now running the show, the final piece of the puzzle is in place, Sandow is gone (who brought as many negatives as he did positives), Maguire will improve the things that need to be improved to make us top 4
3. Melbourne - this years failure will make them hungrier than ever, and Supercoach 2.0 will always have them as a contender
4. Wests - the second half of the season showed how good they can be
5. Newcastle - Supercoach 1.0 to take a mediocre teamto edge of the top 4
6. Warriors - can turn it on with the best of them but havent got what it takes to be consistent enough for the top 4
7. North Queensland - not quite top 4, but enough talent to stay in the 8.
8. Roosters - picking them as the big surgers

9. Brisbane - no Lockyer will see them just miss out
10. Canberra - I really don't think they're that good, full strength or not
11. Canterbury - their squad screams mediocrity to me
12. Parramatta - to me there is just very little talent here
13. St George - Departures will hurt bigtime, what's left isn't much good.
14. Penrith - Gould isn't a magician, another team that lacks the talent
15. Gold Coast - Cronulla's biggest competition for the spoon
16. Cronulla - losing their star props will hurt, Gallen can't do everything. Very little else around him.

"Supercoach 2.0" - no legal premierships thus far....f*ck you ramble....

T.

Last edited:

the dude

Juniors
1. Cowboys
2. Storm
3. Manly
4. Knights

5. Tigers
6. Souths
7. Raiders
8. Warriors

9. Eels
10. Bulldogs
11. Broncos
12. Dragons
13. Panthers
14. Sharks
15. Roosters
16. Titans

the dude

Juniors
anjado i didn't see your ladder until I posted mine.. I can't believe how similar they are..
We have the exact same top 4 and the exact same bottom 4. Crazy.. Our bottom 4 is exactly reversed!

dogz08

First Grade
1. Knights
2. Tigers
3. Roosters
4. Storm
5. Eagles
6. Bulldogs
7. Warriors
8. Dragons

9. Rabbitohs
10. Broncos
11. Titans
12. Cowboys
13. Raiders
14. Panthers
15. Sharks
16. Eels

greeny12

Juniors
1. Newcastle
2. Melbourne
3. Dragons
4. Cowboys
5. Eels
6. Manly
7. Penrith
8. Tigers
---
9. Raiders
10. Broncos
11. Warriors
12. Bulldogs
13. Titans
14. Sharks
15. Souths
16. Roosters

.... No explanation. Will be funny looking back at this, this time next year.

I do think Eels recruited well though, and Newcastle will be VERY consistent and tough to beat next year. Also threw in my Dragon bias in there..

blaza88z

Coach
is everyone seriously writing off the bronco's because of lockyer?

there's some good young players there and I would expect one of the younger guys to step up and rip in

we may not make the top 4 but it's hard to see us missing the 8

I'll give it a go

1.Melbourne Storm - Have the players, have the coach expecting the Storm to have another strong year
2.Manly Sea Eagles - If their 6 and 7 continue to develop Manly can easily go back to back
3.Wests Tigers - Talented team just need to play consistent footy and they will be up there
4.Canberra Raiders - Need to put 2011 behind them and play to their ability
5.New Zealand Warriors - New coach will be interesting but a solid footy team will be up there in 2012.
6.Newcastle Knights - Good roster, Wayne Bennett, Knights can challenge for the title
7.St.George Illawarra Dragons - interesting to see how they go with such changes from 2011
8.Brisbane Broncos - like Dragons significant change interesting to see how they go life after Lockyer

9.North Queensland Cowboys - Hot and cold team they can easily make the 8 with consistent form
10.Canterbury Bulldogs - Barba will provide excitement but i dont think they will make the 8
11.South Sydney Rabbitohs - new coach, no sandow i think they will need a year to get it right
12.Parramatta Eels - Unlucky in some games in 2011 if things go there way in 2012 they will improve
13.Sydney Roosters - I dont know where this club is going and i cant see them challenging for the title
14.Gold Coast Titans - Will be slightly better in 2012 but need some signings to get that extra boost
15.Penrith Panthers - New era for the club with major changes i didnt really know where to put penrith.
16.Cronulla Sharks - Gallen is good but cant drive the team every week will be a long year i reckon

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
1. Manly Sea Eagles (Still the same side from this year)
2. Melbourne Storm ( i think Bromwich will step up to fill Blairs shoes)
3. New Zealand Warriors ( Way to much talent in the 1st's reggies and under 20's )
4. North Queensland Cowboys ( If Thurston stays fit )
5. Brisbane Broncos (They have been planning for life without Locky for too long for his absence to have a massive effect )
6. Newcastle Knights ( it will take Bennett till his 2nd year to get them to the top 4 )
7. Wests Tigers ( Blair is a quality acquisition )
8. South Sydney Rabbitohs ( my smokey to make the 8 Wigan coach should put some structure in )
9. St George Illawarra Dragons ( they will slip back a little, new coach makes me reserve judgement )
10. Penrith Panthers ( No idea )
11. Parramatta Eels ( some progress made not loads this year though )
12. Sydney Roosters ( Halves are awful )
13 Canterbury Bulldogs ( No coach yet )
14. Cronulla Sharks ( nuff said )
15. Gold Coast Titans ( still gonna be a total farce )
16 Canberra Raiders ( With Furner the genius in charge you got no fkn chance, plus it piss's off Skeepe )

aussies1st

Staff member
I'd expect us to be in the top 8 since we are in our finals year which if every other year.

These might as well be drawn from a hat, but I've given reasons where I can...

1. Manly - with Des, DCE and Foran still in place, there's no reason they won't have another big year.
2. Tigers - should have done better this year. Big things coming.
3. Cows - I think they've got big things in their squad, assuming JT stays fit.
4. Knights - I don't think we'll win the comp, but with Bennett will come improvement.
5. Melbourne - don't know why, I just see a bit of a slide.
6. Broncos - will struggle without Locky, but are too good to miss the 8.
7. Warriors - always follow a good year with a disappointing one. New coach, too.
8. Raiders - Campese and Dugan back to fitness will help.

9. Dragons - rebuiliding year without Bennett, Boyd and Gaz.
10. Dogs - will go OK, but won't set the world on fire.
11. Souths - no half, no hope. Plus, they're 50uff$.
12. Titans - new players will take a year to settle in.
13. Roosters - nothing year. Will tread water until they replace Carney.
14. Parra - when you are pinning every hope you have on Chris Sandow, you've got problems.
15. Sharks - They will man up and try their arse off like they always do, but they desperately lack quality. Douglas and Snowden will be badly missed.
16. Panthers - lost the only player they have who was worth paying (Civo) and didn't replace him. Long year ahead for the mountain men.