What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laffranchi charged over sexual assault

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
The Colonel said:
He was only charged today over the incident that happened on that date in September.....

Ahh ok read it quickly and wrong... still bad timing all the same for the code. Not much else to say about it until the courtcase is over.

Raider_69

Post Whore
well i expect tomorrows DT back page to be Searle condeeming Laffranchi, accompanied by a photo of his torn up contract

no dickheads remember, its the principle of it, his words (or close enough anyways), not mine

Nathan B

Juniors
Didn't Tilse admit to doing the wrong thing? (Now, whether the punishment fitted the crime is another story.)

The Titans shouldn't rip up Laffranchi's contract until he either confesses or the courts find him guilty. Totally different situations until one of those two scenarios occur (if they do at all).

[furrycat]

Coach
Geohood said:
Its all speculation.

Er...

As to what happened is speculation, but he has been officially charged- thats a fact.

Will see what happens when it goes to court.

Brutus

Referee
Dane Tilse deserved to go.

After all the crap regarding women his actions were stupid.

Anthony should have his contract torn up if he is guilty. Let the coppers and the courts do their work first.

Geohood

Bench
[furrycat] said:
Er...

As to what happened is speculation, but he has been officially charged- thats a fact.

Will see what happens when it goes to court.
Wait until everything is finalised. ;)

Spike

First Grade
IF guilty 3-4 with a non-parole period of about 2 1/2 years is generally a ball-park figure.

[furrycat]

Coach
Geohood said:
Wait until everything is finalised. ;)

What?

Hes been charged...

He is appearing at Burwood Local Court on March 27th

You know nothing sunshine. How is it speculation? He's charged... Its public record...
EDIT: and before some toss goes on about "innocent before proven guilty" at me, I haven't said he is guilty, i've merely said he was charged.

Geohood

Bench
[furrycat] said:
What?

Hes been charged...

He is appearing at Burwood Local Court on March 27th

You know nothing sunshine. How is it speculation? He's charged... Its public record...
EDIT: and before some toss goes on about "innocent before proven guilty" at me, I haven't said he is guilty, i've merely said he was charged.

Look nothing can be done to him by his club or the NRL yet.

kooriguy

Juniors
these jerks need re-educating they are ruining the image of our game. the wider public must think all league people are alcoholics and women abusers.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Wests Tigers statement: Anthony Laffranchi

Earlier today, police charged former Wests Tigers player Anthony Laffranchi at Burwood Police Station in relation to an alleged sexual assault in September last year.

Anthony will plead not guilty to the charge.

Based on legal advice, Wests Tigers will make no further comment.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=12981

Raider_69

Post Whore
So the wt statement was simply that they will not be making any further comments on the matter?
hardly worth the trouble was it? :lol:

egerly await Searle's statement

super_coach

First Grade
Let the guy get a fair go--than pass judgment---
Nobody even knows the extent of the charges except him and his legal team and the police. you can get a sexual assult rap for pinching someone on the bottom in 2007,although one would think the charges are bigger than that. After the bulldog affair you can bet your life the men blue think they have a unbeatable case
Lets hope the Tele Crap,dosnt drag the League through the gutters over the next few days with some rubish articles

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Rhino said:
Not to mention the Gower rubbish!!!

Shame some people do that, Willow, especially when it involved Gower.
Why especially Gower?

He deserves the same presumption of innocence as does any member of the community. Nothing more, nothing less.

[furrycat] said:
Wow that is the dumbest theory ever.

You do realise you don't just get a slap on the wrist for sexual assault? Why the f**k would he admit something he didn't do and risk going to jail for it?

Who said he admitted anything??

Like the girl who was allegedly assaulted, he has a story to tell as well. It may well be that he denies outright assault. And if he did admit guilt, then sentencing is more lenient than if he denied all charges and was found guilty. Its not a dumb theory at all.

Based on his version and hers, the police have decided to charge him and let the courts decide.

I agree that if he is guilty, then the full level of the law should be enforced, this kind of act is sickening. However too many people are jumping the gun here - he's not been found guilty of anything just yet.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Raider_69 said:
So the wt statement was simply that they will not be making any further comments on the matter?
hardly worth the trouble was it? :lol:

egerly await Searle's statement
No, read it all. I even put it in bold for the giggly types. The statement also said Laffranchi will plead not guilty.

smeghead

Bench
There are too many unknowns in this case for the general punter to make a judgment call on guilt or innocence.

For instance there was initially a claim a date rape drug was used. This was found to be false.

It is a matter of wait and see the specifics of the charge etc etc

Latest posts