What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laffranchi charged over sexual assault

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelectrica said:
Sounds fair, I guess if found innocent which hopefully he is they then backpay what he would be owed.
Guess the Titans are going to have seek some legal advice themselves before going ahead with action.

They can stand him down on full pay if that is an issue.

I think it just saves any embarassment for all involved if he is found guilty. The flip side is his mind is not going to be on the game anyway so playing him isn't necessarily going to be in the best interests of the club regardless.

IMO it says that the NRL and the Titans are taking the matter seriously.

DeeGan

Bench
Titans media release

Laffranchi to defend alleged charges.

Gold Coast Titans forward Anthony Laffranchi has been charged with the alleged Sexual Assault of a woman following an incident in Sydney’s inner west last year. He will appear in Burwood Court on Tuesday 27 March.

Managing Director Michael Searle made the following comments in relation to the situation.

“We have the unfortunate situation where one of our players has been charged with an offence. Anthony is protesting his innocence and more than that he is strenuously defending those allegations and charges.”

“Because this has been an investigation and now is a matter before the New South Wales court we are not able to talk about the details of the case.”

“People need to understand that this happened before the player came to us so we are talking about events that occurred after he signed but before he got here so we are still not aware of all the facts.”

“In the balance of fairness our club will not consider any action until we know the result of the court case.”

“Clearly the player is devastated by the charge and will defend it strenuously. He is equally committed to continuing to play his part in the team’s preparation for Round 1 and the season. He will be given the full support of our organisation in achieving that”

As you sow so shall you reap Searle you tapping up fat sh*t.
I hope this destroys the Titans and that sh*t tip at Robina becomes Dreamworld's white tiger equivilent by becoming the gold coast's own white elephant.
Re the salary cap if Boof is stood down, does this allow Searle to further spend on boot polish to rinse through his hair ?

jamesgould

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
all this talk of tilse being interested in the outcome, privately i think your right but publically he'll be doing his level best to avoid the incident, as he has in all incidents since his deregistering.

Tilse blew up about the Gower incident at the start of last year!

Tilse is glad Gower avoided a ban but said the decision not to sack the Test halfback leaves him feeling like a scapegoat.

"It was a lot easier to make an example of me rather than a guy like Gower," Tilse said.

"It's easy to sack a nobody and harder to get rid of one of the better players.
"Obviously that behaviour shouldn't be tolerated but I'm glad he didn't cop what I did. I don't want anyone else to go through it. We have to stick together as players."

Was located here: http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17753838-23214,00.html but isn't there anymore.

DeeGan

Bench
As Michael has said, we are in a position whereby we are not to know the full facts behind this alleged sexual assault claim thus we as a club won't be in a position to say all too much but support our player professing his innocence until the courts reach a decision.

simon says

First Grade
What does this mean???

Searle says......

"People need to understand that this happened before the player came to us so we are talking about events that occurred after he signed but before he got here so we are still not aware of all the facts.”

Is he trying to say this is Wests problem???

I dont understand why the time frame means he is not aware of the facts.

The bloke had signed well before this happened....sounds like BS to me.

simon says

First Grade
This part is fair enough....the kid should play on IMO,if found guilty thats another thing.

"Clearly the player is devastated by the charge and will defend it strenuously. He is equally committed to continuing to play his part in the team’s preparation for Round 1 and the season. He will be given the full support of our organisation in achieving that”

wittyfan

Referee
All I have to say is that every year when the season is about to start, there's a dark cloud hovering somewhere.

El Diablo

Post Whore
simon says said:
What does this mean???

Searle says......

"People need to understand that this happened before the player came to us so we are talking about events that occurred after he signed but before he got here so we are still not aware of all the facts.”

well it is something that allegedly happened whilst he was at the Tigers

i think the Tigers may have even met with police over it

Willow

Assistant Moderator
simon says said:
What does this mean???

Searle says......

No, it sounds like he is saying they are stil not aware of all the facts.

Let's read back: "...we are still not aware of all the facts."

Yep, that's what he said.

DeeGan

Bench
simon says said:
What does this mean???

Searle says......

What is hard to understand about the quote?

No - he is not trying to insinuate this is the Wests Tiger problem :roll:

Michael is saying that we as a club had no concern or involvement in the initial investigation process involving the Wests Tigers club and players. We therefore cannot comment on the matter nor can we claim to know all the facts. Pretty simple really.

The only thing that sounds like BS here is the post I have quoted.

It does pay to think before posting ;-)

El Diablo

Post Whore
JW said:
Channel 7 Headline:

"Rugby League star charged with rape"

just heard that

everyone else including police is calling it sexual assault, but not Seven

wonder if Seven need another ambassador???

DeeGan

Bench
Correction to previous media release:

Laffranchi to defend charge.

Gold Coast Titans forward Anthony Laffranchi has been charged with the alleged Sexual Assault of a woman following an incident in Sydney’s inner west last year. He will appear in Burwood Court on Tuesday 27 March.

Managing Director Michael Searle made the following comments in relation to the situation.

“We have the unfortunate situation where one of our players has been charged with an offence that occurred in Sydney and prior to him joining our club. Anthony has advised us that he will strenuously defend the allegation and charge.”

“Because this has been an investigation and now is a matter before the New South Wales court we are not able to talk about the details of the case.”

“People need to understand that this happened before the player joined our club, so we are talking about events that occurred after he signed but before he relocated to Queensland.”

“In the balance of fairness our club will not consider any action until we know the result of the court case. The player deserves the right to make that defence and we won’t judge him until there is a result”

“Clearly the player is devastated by the charge and will defend it strenuously.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Completely unrelated, but am I the only one who thinks Michael Searle comes across as a complete w@nker?

Mr Saab

Referee
hybrid_tiger said:
Completely unrelated, but am I the only one who thinks Michael Searle comes across as a complete w@nker?

Oh no.
I cant stand listening to the dribble that comes from his mouth.