What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last minute team changes

Catz_Attack

Juniors
I'm thinking about putting in some players for some early value but still not sure......

What are peoples thoughts on the following players:

Travis Waddel
Dom Peyroux
Jack De Belin
Blake Austin
Clint Newton
James Graham
Justin Poore

Anyone else out there worth looking at?

Ausguy

Coach
Hi catz

See below my comments. I've done a heap of research for fantasy footy this year and here are my thoughts...

I'm thinking about putting in some players for some early value but still not sure......

What are peoples thoughts on the following players:

Travis Waddel Yes I think at his price and starting hooker is good value
Dom Peyroux No No No will be chopped when champion is fit
Jack De Belin A definite YES. Cash cow and although on bench will be used a lot
Blake Austin Should get enough minutes to add value. If you can afford to have him and not use him then keep him.
Clint Newton I was keen but list interest when Ivan benched him. Now in watch list.
James Graham Untried in nrl and too rich for my taste. I got better value out of Jesse bromwich
Justin Poore He is on my bench at 110k can't go wrong even as a back up

Anyone else out there worth looking at?

The only one's I'm bothering with are Graham (on reputation, if he's as good as they say he's well undervalued and will rise dramatically) and Tedesco (big wraps and was picked in front of some good players).

I've got Kaisano on the bench, will see how he does before I decide whether to keep him or not.

A couple of others I've picked as benchies and will see how they go before I used them in the 17. Reynolds, Sio and Hurrell spring to mind. They're too cheap to ignore completely.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Ben Te'o, Dean Halatau, Simon Mannering, Mitch Aubusson are all players whom you should be trying to get into your team's backline as all are underpriced, play in the forwards and should score at least 50 each week.

Zeb Taia is well underpriced, and looking over the knights team list, I think he will get 80mins on the field, so should go up heaps.

A.Woods having been given the nod to start, should really improve on his starting price, I expect at least a 25% increase.

Matt King was around $250k previously, so starting so low should see him increase a lot. He is a worker in the backs and loves taking hit ups.

I won't comment on the 87K players, as I think most of us have done whatever we can to get as many of those in the team.

Last edited:
Agree with all those DOW except Aubusson and Te'o. Te'o is a dog and a lazy one at that (and got the f**k punched out of him by Corey Payne LOL), Aubusson is only value if he plays in the backrow.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Thanks for that!

Do you think Cheyse Blair is likely to stay in the team?

Sio is more likely, though Sio is paired with Esi Tonga which means that pairing will see plenty of traffic come there way this week and if not up to the task it may mean that Sio is dropped when Hayne comes back, and Willie Tonga will be a starter once fit, which means someone else has to go.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Agree with all those DOW except Aubusson and Te'o. Te'o is a dog and a lazy one at that (and got the f**k punched out of him by Corey Payne LOL), Aubusson is only value if he plays in the backrow.

Aubusson will play in the backrow, maybe not this week, but I think Moga will be fit next week and start. Even then, with Mortimer/Mitchell paired together on the bench, I can see Aubusson moving into the forwards and one of those coming onto the field for a spell.

Te'o I just think with extra minutes (the log jam at the Broncos is in the front row), will shoot up in price, and thus mean that you will be able to upgrade within the first 5 weeks, which is my plan.

EDIT: Just realised I could upgrade to N.Smith from Te'o. Smith will stay all season long, and is a $250-300K player when fit.

Last edited:
Aubusson will play in the backrow, maybe not this week, but I think Moga will be fit next week and start. Even then, with Mortimer/Mitchell paired together on the bench, I can see Aubusson moving into the forwards and one of those coming onto the field for a spell.

Te'o I just think with extra minutes (the log jam at the Broncos is in the front row), will shoot up in price, and thus mean that you will be able to upgrade within the first 5 weeks, which is my plan.

Aubusson should go back to the backrow, but there are better choices for around the same dough at the moment, he'll get cheaper if he stays in the centres. Well, that's what I'm banking on anyway. lol

I just can't stand Te'o, the only bloke I've ever seen in first grade just give up. A classic front-runner, looks great when the team is going well but will be non-existent when they're on the backfoot.

He's a risk I wouldn't take.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Here's one I am struggling with J De Belin or Matt Groat? Though I have plenty of Tigers in my squad already, just trying to work out which one is better in the long run. Both have plenty of upside, though both have plenty of competition for starting time too.

applesauce

Bench
Should I downgrade Corey Norman to Tom Humble, so I can upgrade Lawnton for Travis Waddell?

Tedesco will go to starting FB, but Waddell will start and should get plenty of minutes for the season, Lawton will go back to resies once Srama's shoulder has stood up to match conditions.

Parra Pride

Coach
Sio is more likely, though Sio is paired with Esi Tonga which means that pairing will see plenty of traffic come there way this week and if not up to the task it may mean that Sio is dropped when Hayne comes back, and Willie Tonga will be a starter once fit, which means someone else has to go.

Sio is no chance of being dropped, Esi Tonga and Cheyse Blair are the two who will make way for Willie Tonga and Hayne to return.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I just can't stand Te'o, the only bloke I've ever seen in first grade just give up. A classic front-runner, looks great when the team is going well but will be non-existent when they're on the backfoot.

He's a risk I wouldn't take.

I will give it that. Once Petro is back, I see Thaiday moving back to the second row. Which will mean one of the backrowers has to go to the bench. Te'o is the frontrunner to occupy that spot.

I dunno about that one, I haven't really looked at either but I think Groat will play plenty of minute if one of our other props gets injured, which usually happens...

I will give it that. Once Petro is back, I see Thaiday moving back to the second row. Which will mean one of the backrowers has to go to the bench. Te'o is the frontrunner to occupy that spot.

You know he'll score 11 tries, make 580 tackles, 27 linebreaks and 26 try assists in the first 5 rounds now...

They usually do when I drop them...

Should I downgrade Corey Norman to Tom Humble, so I can upgrade Lawnton for Travis Waddell?

Tedesco will go to starting FB, but Waddell will start and should get plenty of minutes for the season, Lawton will go back to resies once Srama's shoulder has stood up to match conditions.

Humble probably won't get much playing time if no backs get injured. Sheens has a habit of giving his "back on the bench" 5 minutes and Joel Reddy will be fighting with him for that spot all year. And remember, Tuqiri is yet to come back.... it may be a dead spot.

Latest posts