What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest Signing

fish

Juniors
You looking to finish 14th hey,I think your aiming too high. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Manly will finish anywhere between 9-12,we will improve on this year but top 8 would be classed as an exceptional season.Parra on the other hand with their revolving front door will continue their slide which is quite pathetic considering the money you guys have spent.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
fish said:

I think Manly will finish anywhere between 9-12,we will improve on this year but top 8 would be classed as an exceptional season.Parra on the other hand with their revolving front door will continue their slide which is quite pathetic considering the money you guys have spent.

I find this post interesting.

Aiming to high considering we finished 9th last year compared to 15th, and also with the additions of Thorman, Grothe Jr, Cannings, Muckett, Muspratt, Pearson & players returning back from injury dare i say we are in a much healthier way of challenging 8 even top 4 then you guy's!!,

The Tigers & Souths recruiting has been more impressive then Manly...Wooden spoon i feel!!

I think Manly will finish anywhere between 9-12,we will improve on this year but top 8 would be classed as an exceptional season

Unlikely.....the only exceptional thing you may be seeing next year is the weather on the Goldcoast :lol: * joke *

Parra on the other hand with their revolving front door will continue their slide which is quite pathetic considering the money you guys have spent

Sorry we had our slide & rebuilding stage this year yet still managed a win from the 8 together with a horrible injury toll.....not bad going.

Money??....everyone has a salary cap of 3.25 million....Parra spent the same as everyone else!!, for some reason people think that Parra are allowed to spend more then what there allowed to or something!! :roll:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
swoop said:
chileman said:
MR GEORGE said:
they are going for the record.
We could never beat the choking award you pride yourselves on :lol:

A bit harsh Chileman! They've won 8 club championships in a row!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't you see it all over the papers???? I think the headlines were: "Parramatta win 8 their consecutive club champoinship"!! :lol: :lol:
"We don't want the 1st grade premiership trophy" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chokers!

No i didn't !, must of been overshadowed by talk of Manlys defensive record and relocation to Goldcoast discussions.

We could never beat the choking award you pride yourselves on

Hmmmm let's see 95 & 97!, not to mention you haven't even been close to semi's spot since 97 so why even have the nerve to comment!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
fish said:
That wasn't Manly that was the Northern Eagles,boy they really were chockers.

Offcourse, a very legitimate reason :roll: , because our name was the "Northern Eagles" not Manly was the reason why we didn't make the 8??, a word of advice....you actually had a better year last year then this year!!

Go and have a dozen beers and then drive home :lol: :lol:

swoop

Juniors
Typical Parra supporter! Smith had St George choke in 2 GF's then moves to Paramatta for them to claim the title as No.1 Chokers!

You parra supporters come in here and brag about your 8 club championships in a row. Yet you haven't won a 1st grade premiership for nearly 20 years.

Manly haven't been touted as premiership favorites for the last couple of years so there was nothing expected of them. Parramatta on the other hand have been one of the favorites for the last 5 years and have made the semis a few times only to CHOKE!!!

Put it this way, you mob are happy buying a heap of mediocre players to strengthen your depth and that's probably the reason for the 8 club championships in a row.

Why hasn't your club gone after 4 or 5 quality players? Like I've said before, you guys happy with club championships where as all other clubs are going for the holy grail (1st grade Premierships)! :lol: :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
swoop said:
Typical Parra supporter! Smith had St George choke in 2 GF's then moves to Paramatta for them to claim the title as No.1 Chokers!

You parra supporters come in here and brag about your 8 club championships in a row. Yet you haven't won a 1st grade premiership for nearly 20 years.

Manly haven't been touted as premiership favorites for the last couple of years so there was nothing expected of them. Parramatta on the other hand have been one of the favorites for the last 5 years and have made the semis a few times only to CHOKE!!!

Put it this way, you mob are happy buying a heap of mediocre players to strengthen your depth and that's probably the reason for the 8 club championships in a row.

Why hasn't your club gone after 4 or 5 quality players? Like I've said before, you guys happy with club championships where as all other clubs are going for the holy grail (1st grade Premierships)! :lol: :lol:

See this is what im talking about, people bringing in totally irrelevant information into an argument!!, Big deal if Smith choked with St George in 92,93....did you ever actually sit down and go through the Brisbane side??, it was a virtual test side where as the St George side done well just to get there!!.

8 club championships is very impressive you have to admit & why not talk it up??....hey it's better then not wining it, is it!, it shows the amount of junior talent avaliable at our club & indicates that Parra will remain very competitive for a few more years to come.

Parra where never realisticly going to challenge for the title this year, they where devastated by injuries & there recruitment wasn't one to suggest they would be a premiership threat.

Alot was expected from Manly this year after they choked against Penrith in the last game last year...yet they finished 15th which is a choke.

Aaron Cannings, Chris Thorman, Eric Grothe jr, Chris Muckett, Shane Muspratt, Corey Pearson have all shown in the past not to be mediocre players.

Manly where pissing & moaning when they lost Cannings, Grothe Jr was selected for SOO a few years back but injury has caused him problems since & Muspratt & Muckett have been great for NQ all year.

Pearson is a hardend veteran who was signed to a 1 year deal to add abit of depth.

1. Luke Burt
2. Eric Grothe
3. Jamie Lyon
4. David Vaealiki
5. Matt Peterson
6. Adam Dykes
7. Michael Witt
8. Michael Vella
9. John Morris
10. Nathan Cayless
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Chris Muckett
13. Daniel Wagon

14. Chris Thorman
15. Aaron Cannings
16. Corey Pearson
17. Craig Stapelton

18. Dean Widders
19. Lee Hopkins
20. Chris Armit
21. Shane Muspratt
22. Justin Tslsous
23. Adam Peek
24. Ashley graham

And there are names i've left out!, that's just an example of Parra's depth next year....looks pretty impressive to me :lol:

fish

Juniors
You looking to finish 14th hey,I think your aiming too high.

Aiming to high considering we finished 9th last year compared to 15th, and also with the additions of Thorman, Grothe Jr, Cannings, Muckett, Muspratt, Pearson & players returning back from injury dare i say we are in a much healthier way of challenging 8 even top 4 then you guy's!!,

The Tigers & Souths recruiting has been more impressive then Manly...Wooden spoon i feel!!

Out of those players you listed I rate Cannings and possibly Grothe if his mind is on footy instead of music(which hasn't been the case since he was a suprise selection in origin).There are 15 teams and they can all say they can challenge for the 8,C'mon be confident and say "we WILL make the 8 and possible top 4".That sounds better...hey.....no...well maybe your not so confident.
Tigers recruiting has been good and I have said the same myself but souths,c'mon Ron you want us to take you seriously hey...maybe not.
I have already stated I don't think we will make the 8 so you saying we won't make the 8 doesn't really come into it.

Sorry we had our slide & rebuilding stage this year yet still managed a win from the 8 together with a horrible injury toll.....not bad going.

The only two worth while mentioning are Cayless and Hindmarsh the rest were washed up players that break down cause of the age they are....comes back to recruiting again.
Also you may be getting confused,some of the players your thinking of Parra let go to other clubs and weren't injured :lol: :lol:

not to mention you haven't even been close to semi's spot since 97 so why even have the nerve to comment

What do you mean "not to mention" when you did mention.
That is the sought of comeback that all clubs that haven't won a First grade premiership in the last 10 years trot out as a defence...an oldy but a goody.

Offcourse, a very legitimate reason , because our name was the "Northern Eagles" not Manly was the reason why we didn't make the 8??, a word of advice....you actually had a better year last year then this year

No Ron read the post,it was not an excuse to not make the 8 it was a statement about chocking....I read your post please do me the same courtesy(sp?).That(tounge in cheek)was a refrence to the Norths side of the arangement which were known,not only by Manly Fans as chokers.

Hop back on over to your section and play with your lot as if your slippery buddies didn't stop by with their pearls of wisdom we wouldn't even be even having this chat.

fish

Juniors
Alot was expected from Manly this year after they choked against Penrith in the last game last year...yet they finished 15th which is a choke.

Ron,Ron,Ron what was I saying about us taking you seriously.The only people that were expecting Big things were the actual supporters,every other media commentator expected ust to finish where we did.

8 club championships is very impressive you have to admit & why not talk it up??....hey it's better then not wining it, is it!, it shows the amount of junior talent avaliable at our club & indicates that Parra will remain very competitive for a few more years to come.
I think you lost that right when your club shafted the bloke that got you all that junior talent.Thank you....Crusher is our best signing this year and just another in a long list to go through the new Transit Lounge.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Out of those players you listed I rate Cannings and possibly Grothe if his mind is on footy instead of music(which hasn't been the case since he was a suprise selection in origin).There are 15 teams and they can all say they can challenge for the 8,C'mon be confident and say "we WILL make the 8 and possible top 4".That sounds better...hey.....no...well maybe your not so confident.

Well you obviously haven't seen much of NQ this year as Muckett & Muspratt have been most impressive, we will make the 8..heck if we can miss the 8 by 1 win with the injury toll we had at the start of the year then we can achieve anything....top 4 i won't consider just as yet depending on how our injuries hold up at the start of the year.

You honestly think Souths, Tigers & Manly can push for a 8 spot??...cmon boy's & gals let's put things into perspective, there's no way Manly can make the 8 with the way there defence held up last year, it will take a miracle just make it reasonably better next year.

Tigers recruiting has been good and I have said the same myself but souths,c'mon Ron you want us to take you seriously hey...maybe not.
I have already stated I don't think we will make the 8 so you saying we won't make the 8 doesn't really come into it.

Well maybe not Souths!!...ok they wil come last but i do expect them to be alot more competitive this year, but the Tigers recruiting has been impressive but still 2 years off making the 8 for them.

The only two worth while mentioning are Cayless and Hindmarsh the rest were washed up players that break down cause of the age they are....comes back to recruiting again.
Also you may be getting confused,some of the players your thinking of Parra let go to other clubs and weren't injured :lol: :lol:

Vella, Burt, Hodgson, Dykes are all a big part of our side & with these players missing for the majority of the season didn't help.

Throw in Hindmarsh, Cayless, Green, Peterson ( first half of the season) you can see why Parra struggled for depth this year.

No Ron read the post,it was not an excuse to not make the 8 it was a statement about chocking....I read your post please do me the same courtesy(sp?).That(tounge in cheek)was a refrence to the Norths side of the arangement which were known,not only by Manly Fans as chokers.

Hop back on over to your section and play with your lot as if your slippery buddies didn't stop by with their pearls of wisdom we wouldn't even be even having this chat.

I think i may be staying over here for a while, considering Manly's on life support i think i may stay at the bed side to offer some "pearls of wisdom.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
fish said:

Ron,Ron,Ron what was I saying about us taking you seriously.The only people that were expecting Big things were the actual supporters,every other media commentator expected ust to finish where we did.

I think you lost that right when your club shafted the bloke that got you all that junior talent.Thank you....Crusher is our best signing this year and just another in a long list to go through the new Transit Lounge.

Fish, Fish, Fish....use your melon!, you finished what 1 win last year from the 8 of course you where expected to go one better this year....oh what Manly's strategic plan was to finished 15th after finishing 9th the season before.

Who cares about what the Media commentator's felt, Manly fans where expecting to go one step further this year after showing promise last year.

Phil Gould predicted Penrith to come last this year.

think you lost that right when your club shafted the bloke that got you all that junior talent.Thank you....Crusher is our best signing this year and just another in a long list to go through the new Transit Lounge

Yeah Crusher brought alot of good juniors to our club......he even brought more duds, everyone will talk about all the good players he brought to our club eg Jamie Lyon & Nathan Hindmarsh....but no one wan'ts to talk about the Barny Haslett's which he also brought to our club!!.

swoop

Juniors
Ron

Aaron Cannings, Chris Thorman, Eric Grothe jr, Chris Muckett, Shane Muspratt, Corey Pearson.

Pearson has been around for ages, solid player, nothing flash,

Muckert (average)

Muspratt (average)

Grothe (choker). Yes, he made state of origin only to choke and pull out. Injury prone aswell.

Thorman(unknown)

Cannings (Very good signing)

Once again you settle for mediocrity!!!! I suppose that's the culture over your way!!! ;-) ;-) ;-)

fish

Juniors
Ron,I can not work it out you either refuse to read what I write or your so wrapped up in your own comments you feel you don't need to.Please for the benifit of this debate re-read my posts.

You honestly think Souths, Tigers & Manly can push for a 8 spot??...cmon boy's & gals let's put things into perspective, there's no way Manly can make the 8 with the way there defence held up last year, it will take a miracle just make it reasonably better next year.

Where did I say souths,tigers and Manly would make the 8,maybe the lack of perspective lays on your side of the argument.I clearly stated that I think we will finish between 9th-12th and I base that on signing 18 players(so far) for our 1sts and premier division,A new and much larger coaching staff and a new administration.The club has that new,squeeky clean feel about it and I am realistic enough to realise 2005 will be our year for the top 8.

Vella, Burt, Hodgson, Dykes are all a big part of our side & with these players missing for the majority of the season didn't help.

Throw in Hindmarsh, Cayless, Green, Peterson ( first half of the season) you can see why Parra struggled for depth this year

You can not tell me your a Vella fan,he has to be the softest forward going around,your team is better off when he is injured.Hodgson may have had an injury but he was dropped back to reserve grade when he was fit also that coach of yours for some reason prefered Moodie over Peterson for some strange reason and only got a go when burt was injured.Green and dykes your kidding,give me witt and wagon anyday.The were also the ones I was refering to as being Old and injury prone.

think i may be staying over here for a while, considering Manly's on life support i think i may stay at the bed side to offer some "pearls of wisdom.

Don't hold your breath Ron as I can assure you there is plaenty of fight left in this old club.

swoop

Juniors
Parramatta had virtually one golden decade in the 80's since 1947. Other that they've done NOTHING!

Manly joined the comp in the same year and have never once collected the wooden spoon.

On the other hand Parramatta have got a record amount of spoons with only 4 premierships!!!

Parramatta Spooners in 1947, 1952, 1954, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1970 and 1972.

LyonHeart

Juniors
you've gone back to WWII. I wasn't alive to see any of those spoons so I couldn't care less. I have seen 4 premierships though.
Just reading this debate, Parra hasn't gone out and signed stars because they already have them. Cayless, Hindmarsh, Lyon, Vaealiki.
Then you have your good players in Burt, Morris, Witt, Cannings, Hopkins, Wagon. We also have some great juniors coming through. So when you see us buying players like Pearson and Muspratt, it's all about depth.

Manly have bought Hollingsworth (bench in premier league), Robson(premier league once Witt went to 1st grade), Lelulei (premier League),
Heckenberg (solid, nothing flash), Walker (just waiting for him to do a disappearing act), Donnelly (solid, doesn't replace loss of Cannings though)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
fish said:
Ron,I can not work it out you either refuse to read what I write or your so wrapped up in your own comments you feel you don't need to.Please for the benifit of this debate re-read my posts.

Where did I say souths,tigers and Manly would make the 8,maybe the lack of perspective lays on your side of the argument.I clearly stated that I think we will finish between 9th-12th and I base that on signing 18 players(so far) for our 1sts and premier division,A new and much larger coaching staff and a new administration.The club has that new,squeeky clean feel about it and I am realistic enough to realise 2005 will be our year for the top 8.

Throw in Hindmarsh, Cayless, Green, Peterson ( first half of the season) you can see why Parra struggled for depth this year

You can not tell me your a Vella fan,he has to be the softest forward going around,your team is better off when he is injured.Hodgson may have had an injury but he was dropped back to reserve grade when he was fit also that coach of yours for some reason prefered Moodie over Peterson for some strange reason and only got a go when burt was injured.Green and dykes your kidding,give me witt and wagon anyday.The were also the ones I was refering to as being Old and injury prone.

think i may be staying over here for a while, considering Manly's on life support i think i may stay at the bed side to offer some "pearls of wisdom.

Don't hold your breath Ron as I can assure you there is plaenty of fight left in this old club.

"There are 15 teams and they can all say they can challenge for the 8", you didn't say make it but you implied that there was a chance.....there is no chance!!

You won't make it in the top 8 either in 2005 with Steve Roach on your coaching stuff...gee this bloke could f@#$up a cup of coffee...imagine what he could do to Manly :shock:, haven't you ever heard his brillant analysis on 2gb...he is always bloody wrong!!

Your first division side will be stronger with the aquisition of a number of Parra reserve graders.

Im not a huge Vella fan but? he can play & always makes yards over the advantage line, he isn't the biggest hitter in the game however for a prop he runs faster then many backs.....he has played SOO & tests for Australia, he must be doing something right.

Hodgson was dropped for 1 week due to an injury preventing him from playing to his potential....he was a big loss for us this year as he provided alot of spark from the back.

Dykes returned to form in the latter part of the year with 2 magnificent games in a row.

MR GEORGE

Juniors
manly have been on the slide for a while. i think they will slide all the way to the gold coast in the next few years.

swoop

Juniors
MR GEORGE said:
manly have been on the slide for a while. i think they will slide all the way to the gold coast in the next few years.

Parramatta, grand finalists 2001(choked), 2002 scraped into the top 8 then choked, 2003 didn't make the top 8! Now who's on the slide? :lol: :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
swoop said:
MR GEORGE said:

Parramatta, grand finalists 2001(choked), 2002 scraped into the top 8 then choked, 2003 didn't make the top 8! Now who's on the slide? :lol: :lol:

Oh this is Gold,

Cough Cough Manly first in 96 Merged in 2000 :lol: :lol:

Manly 9th in 2002.....15th in 2003....now that's another slide :lol:

Last but not least....Parra actually won more games this year then last....so much for the slide :D

The Colonel

Immortal
Swoop you seriously need a new angle other than "CHOKERS" as its been done to death - even our own supporters do that!

Try something original like -

Who is going to go walkabout first? Walker or Haumono?

Who will be the first forward suspended for 18 months when he tries out one of forwards coach Les Boyd's new moves?

How long will it be before Mark Carroll and Hoppa head off to the WWE for their new wrestling careers?

How long before Roach, Boyd, Carroll and Geoff Toovey announmce their comebacks??

Whose going to replace Hasler in the defensive backline?

When will Brendon Reeves make his comeback - this week or the week after???

Will Shayne Dunley be released again by the club for the third time???