What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest Signing

Jack Jones

Juniors
Great news. Manly have added to next year's coaching staff by signing the defensive coach from the Namibian rugby team.

Peter Peters said " we had the worst defensive record last year with almost 800 points against us. But, with Namibia's defensive strategy behind us, we're confident Manly can reach the magic mark of 1,000 points against in 2004".

Manly Eagle

Juniors
Jack Jones said:
Great news. Manly have added to next year's coaching staff by signing the defensive coach from the Namibian rugby team.

Peter Peters said " we had the worst defensive record last year with almost 800 points against us. But, with Namibia's defensive strategy behind us, we're confident Manly can reach the magic mark of 1,000 points against in 2004".

hahaha your soooo funny! (Sarcastic tone)

chileman

Coach
Jack Jones, who do you support out of interest....very clever original post by the way! Pity our side will be back to their hated ways of being very competitive again next season.....troll award may go to you if this keeps up :lol:

swoop

Juniors
chileman said:
MR GEORGE said:
they are going for the record.
We could never beat the choking award you pride yourselves on :lol:

A bit harsh Chileman! They've won 8 club championships in a row!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't you see it all over the papers???? I think the headlines were: "Parramatta win 8 their consecutive club champoinship"!! :lol: :lol:
"We don't want the 1st grade premiership trophy" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chokers!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
aw come now thats a bit harsh!
i'll be going for you guys next year, you've bought half our team!! :lol:
Go Jeff Robson, Kane Cleal, Daniel Heckenberg, Kylie Leulaui... all champs

swoop

Juniors
JessEel said:
aw come now thats a bit harsh!
i'll be going for you guys next year, you've bought half our team!! :lol:
Go Jeff Robson, Kane Cleal, Daniel Heckenberg, Kylie Leulaui... all champs

Welcome aboard! :D

The Colonel

Immortal
Apparently you guys have also picked up Nathan Tutt from the Dragons as well or so I have heard.

You'll have a fair pack next year.

swoop

Juniors
Colonel Eel said:
Apparently you guys have also picked up Nathan Tutt from the Dragons as well or so I have heard.

You'll have a fair pack next year.

I Agree, with the players that we've already plus these new additions Manly should have a pretty formidable pack. We just need 1 or 2 of those young props to step up!

The Colonel

Immortal
Heckenberg is a good hard worker. He started the year a bit slow but by the end was one of our better performed players. He was chasing a contract but still he showed some promise.

Kane is probably a year or two away just at the moment from playing consistent first grade. Be interested to see his progress in all honesty. He's only young so I would hope that he spends as much time learning in PL as he can. He can be a good player if he can learn to handle the hard stuff in close.

Donnelly I think will be a good buy for you guys. He and King IMO would be your best starting pair and Heckenberg and Rennie maybe off the bench. Harris, Haumono, Watmough and of course Menzies will be somewhere in your backrow.

Is Hoppa moving into the pack still?

swoop

Juniors
Couldn't agree with your more. And yes Hoppa is moving to the forwards! We have an abundabce of forwards and it won't surprise me if Watmough ends up in the centres with the loss of Macdougall.

The Colonel

Immortal
You guys do seem a bit short on in the backs - well centres really - though Torrens and McGuinness have been going fairly well. I would have thought you're backline was fairly settled - Walker, Donald, McGuiness and Torrens with Mullane and Monaghan in the halves.

I would have thought Harris - having played Union as a centre would be more inclined to head that way than Watmough? Especially with Hoppa moving in closer.

Where do the two Stewart brothers (I assume they are anyway) and Sam Murphy generally play?

On a funnier note..... Has Brendon Reeves officially retired or will he be playing next year??? I think that seemed to be the funniest thing last year that he was going to play next week all year?

chileman

Coach
swoop said:
A bit harsh Chileman! They've won 8 club championships in a row!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't you see it all over the papers???? I think the headlines were: "Parramatta win 8 their consecutive club champoinship"!! :lol: :lol:
"We don't want the 1st grade premiership trophy" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chokers!
I like their rain of terror on the premiership from '56-'61 :p

LyonHeart

Juniors
and Manly don't choke, what happened last year when you had to play Penrith (who were hopless then) to make the 8, you CHOKED and got smashed by 50 points.

So long CHOKERS

swoop

Juniors
Colonel Eel said:
You guys do seem a bit short on in the backs - well centres really - though Torrens and McGuinness have been going fairly well. I would have thought you're backline was fairly settled - Walker, Donald, McGuiness and Torrens with Mullane and Monaghan in the halves.

I would have thought Harris - having played Union as a centre would be more inclined to head that way than Watmough? Especially with Hoppa moving in closer.

Where do the two Stewart brothers (I assume they are anyway) and Sam Murphy generally play?

On a funnier note..... Has Brendon Reeves officially retired or will he be playing next year??? I think that seemed to be the funniest thing last year that he was going to play next week all year?

Harris will be playing in the forwards and the backline you've named will probably be in the starting line-up. We have an abudance of second rowers but Watmough has plenty of speed and has played a couple of games in the centres. Paul Stephenson is another centre but is only young and will probably start off in PL along with the Stewart brothers. Manly are after a tongan union player from the word cup Hufanga who is also a centre.

BTW Reeves has defintely retired!

gullsfan

Juniors
I hear one of your guys, Dave Wooden, will be heading my way next season, on the recommendation (spelling?) of Haumono and Hopoate at Wynnum's presentation night. Obviously Manly didn't believe he was up to NRL at the moment but how did he go in reserves which I guess would compare to Q-cup.

fish

Juniors
Yep the Squasher is heading up here for the season.Grant wooden is his name and should add some mongeral to the pack.I think he is a pretty good player and will be back in the NRL in the next 2 years or so.He is a big lump of a lad and here are some details on him

NickName: Squasher
Weight: 115
1st Grade Debut: 2002 (Northern Eagles v South Sydney round 3)
Junior Club: Erina Eagles
Fact: Undefeated in eight amateur fights before getting serious about football.Weighed 138 kgs two years ago when playing in central Coast competition.

Season Stats

Matches: 5
Tries: 0
Goals: 0
Field Goals: 0
Total Points: 0
Votes: 0

Latest posts