What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
While we waste another season talking about next season, this problem could have been solved at the end of the 2017 season. We need a bigger effort and more skill when recruiting key players. Rather than waiting for next season, we should have been telling the likes of Aitken and Lafai that they are no longer needed in first grade and will be initially selected in reserve grade for 2020. Follow that with the words that you have permission to look elsewhere but we will not be subsidising any deal.
They probably have said similar stuff that and both have probably said they will fight for their position. If Lomax is wasted again on the wing or god forbid the bench then for his own sake I hope he does leave.

Probably no one this year. If available maybe Curtis Scott, or Ramien. We would be mad to not have a crack at Wighton for 2021 though. David Fifita likes the Gong, he’s worth a crack and if JDB doesn’t make it through I’d throw the kitchen sink at him with Graham and JDB’s coin.
Tarangi and Brad Parker are also not yet signed.
Really like Parker - would be a great centre solution for us.
Agree that Fifita for Graham/JDB would be a masterstroke if they could pull it off.

SAP58

Juniors
He is heading towards a very good club player but cant take the next step, he is listening to too many people at the moment eg Mundine shopping himself around and asking for overs based on his current form just like Mundine is doing with his son.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Mitchell is a bully with ability. He takes cheap shots and is a wonderful front runner but as the game against Tonga showed, he can be rattled and mistakes come. He has always been a little weak in his defensive reads but there is no doubting his ability, or ego. He might grow up but the fact the Roosters are prepared to call his bluff and let him shop himself shows how difficult he is becoming. In saying that old Nick won’t let him go in my opinion.

Walpole

Juniors
No doubt if the Roosters are willing to let Mitchell go they've got another big name in their sights.

Wighton to the Roosters?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Mitchell is a bully with ability. He takes cheap shots and is a wonderful front runner but as the game against Tonga showed, he can be rattled and mistakes come. He has always been a little weak in his defensive reads but there is no doubting his ability, or ego. He might grow up but the fact the Roosters are prepared to call his bluff and let him shop himself shows how difficult he is becoming. In saying that old Nick won’t let him go in my opinion.

100% agree with this.
He's not a $1m player based on last season. The fact they supposedly withdrew his $800k offer says to me, you need to have a big 2020 and then we'll revisit it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Any chance Saints can swap Lafai AND Aitken for Mitchell? How good would that be?
source.gif

possm

Coach
Maybe we could do a deal to sign Mitchell for 2021 giving the Roosters the option to take him off there hands for 2020 with an Aitken/Graham trade.

It's no good just standing still and hoping for the best. Flanagan may just be able to get the likes of Mitchell to perform at his best.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Maybe we could do a deal to sign Mitchell for 2021 giving the Roosters the option to take him off there hands for 2020 with a Aitken/Graham trade.

It's no good just standing still and hoping for the best. Flanagan may just be able to get the likes of Mitchell to perform at his best.

Graham? What leverage does an aging prop have in today’s player market? Not much, I would’ve imagined.

Using him a some sort of bargaining tool is pretty geniused.

The calm one

Juniors
Maybe we could do a deal to sign Mitchell for 2021 giving the Roosters the option to take him off there hands for 2020 with a Aitken/Graham trade.

Get over it. He is not coming here, never was coming here, never will be coming here and he is definitely not coming to the forest, select invites only

Latest posts