What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yes I understand. Now which available marquee player do you suggest SGI sign for season 2020?
Probably no one this year. If available maybe Curtis Scott, or Ramien. We would be mad to not have a crack at Wighton for 2021 though. David Fifita likes the Gong, he’s worth a crack and if JDB doesn’t make it through I’d throw the kitchen sink at him with Graham and JDB’s coin.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'd like him at St George Illawarra better
So would I but I have a bit of a soft spot for Canberra being from the region, especially knowing how much of a hole it is. It gives me that little bit more respect for players who want to play there and I know they struggle to attract players. In saying that I’d literally give my left nut to get Wighton, he is top notch.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
So would I but I have a bit of a soft spot for Canberra being from the region, especially knowing how much of a hole it is. It gives me that little bit more respect for players who want to play there and I know they struggle to attract players. In saying that I’d literally give my left nut to get Wighton, he is top notch.
Yes he is quality

Frank Facer

First Grade
Whether we like it or not we need at least one more marquee player in our backline and a back 5 that is at least competitive. Without a cleanout the only way to lift the team is to register a run of wins or to change the head coach.

Gould should have done more than provde defence for Mary. He should have looked at the problems the football department are facing and provided a report that, if implemented, will put us on a path to resolve the issues.

It is very simple so I'll do it for him:
1. Sack McGregor - replace with Gould on a 2 year deal
2. Sack Millward - replace with Brown on a 2 year deal
3. Sack Johnston - advertise for a replacement
4. Recommend the establishment of an SGI Football Club with voting members
4. Recommend that each year 50% of SGI Board positions are to be declared vacant and voted upon by the membership.
5. Ensure ALL players know, that in 2020, they will be selected on form
I doubt that Gould would want to give up his job on channel 9 to coach any NRL team. Although it wasn't a bad idea.

WepnutV

Juniors
Anthony Mundine is in the middle of Latrell Mitchell contract talks with the Bulldogs
NRL Premiership

james_hooper.jpg

909d95f7cc5891884c74798effb59ec7

Latrell Mitchell is in the sights of the Bulldogs.Source: News Corp Australia
Champion boxer Anthony Mundine has emerged as a surprise intermediary in the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs pursuit of Kangaroos and Sydney Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell.

The Bulldogs football department is currently crunching the numbers to work out how the club can have a red hot crack at trying to sign Mitchell.

The development comes after Fox Sports revealed Mitchell has personally visited a high-ranking Bulldogs official’s home as part of the club’s pitch to sell the vision about the Canterbury-Bankstown family.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/2c9c986ce80d8f18661ffb504b8e1309

So why are we again not in the hunt for a marquee player. Mitchell would make an ideal fullback or centre at SGI. We need to add at least one quality player to our backline. I say that Millward should get on the phone and arrange a meeting. It seems to me every other club can be in the market for quality players except us.
No thanks.. not worth the money his asking..

possm

Coach
No thanks.. not worth the money his asking..
Doing nothing is not an option as SGI may well find themselves with the wooden spoon in 2020. The Club is in a mess and it seems that Millward has no idea on how to resolve the situation.

I'm really interested in your suggestions for improving the situation.

Walpole

Juniors
Doing nothing is not an option as SGI may well find themselves with the wooden spoon in 2020. The Club is in a mess and it seems that Millward has no idea on how to resolve the situation.

What? Of course doing nothing is an option. Haven't you been paying attention?

We all know the board, CEO, coach etc are not doing their job, but they are in complete control. The club is more likely to end up playing out of PNG than anything changing.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

We won’t get the spoon. If we didn’t get it this year we won’t next. This was the year from hell, everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong. This year everyone expected us in the 8 maybe top 4 , next year no one will give us a chance of making the 8. Some will tip us for the spoon. There isn’t the players on the market nor do we have the space to instantly turn us into a premiership threat so what is the point throwing the cheque book at a player we don’t really want leaving us high and dry for another 4 years? I’d rather us go in to next year with no expectations and a punchers chance. Players with one year left will be playing out of their skins and we can weigh up 2021 aka the year of the Dragon.

possm

Coach
We won’t get the spoon. If we didn’t get it this year we won’t next. This was the year from hell, everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong. This year everyone expected us in the 8 maybe top 4 , next year no one will give us a chance of making the 8. Some will tip us for the spoon. There isn’t the players on the market nor do we have the space to instantly turn us into a premiership threat so what is the point throwing the cheque book at a player we don’t really want leaving us high and dry for another 4 years? I’d rather us go in to next year with no expectations and a punchers chance. Players with one year left will be playing out of their skins and we can weigh up 2021 aka the year of the Dragon.
Or it could be even worse:
  • De Belin case to continue on throughout the season.
  • Frizell and Leilua deciding to go and no longer interested.
  • Dufty at fullback again proves to be inadequate.
  • Aitken and Lafai again holding down the centre partnership.
  • Lomax makes a decision to move on and no longer selected in first grade.
  • Mary delivers the same 'power game plan' which produces the same result.
  • Fans rally for change and vote with their feet - low attendance figures.
  • None of our outside backs except for Saab, prove to e of first grade level.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
From what I’ve heard JDB will do the pre season, but if the case isn’t decided before the season begins he will be out of the team until it’s resolved. I’m pretty sure they learned their lesson there. It was unprecedented what happened and they didn’t cope well be won’t happen again. Dufty won’t start at 1. Friz will honour his contract. Leilua won’t be released unless we get a good player in return. Sims will be fit. His brother will probably have a better year. I’m not sure Saab is 100% ready for first grade week in week out. I hope I’m wrong.

Dragonsamy

Bench

Lol

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Also if all of that happens do you think Mitchell will stop us from getting the spoon? If that does happen it will be in bit by bit not at once. Leaving us with no marquee players left on the market.

possm

Coach
Also if all of that happens do you think Mitchell will stop us from getting the spoon? If that does happen it will be in bit by bit not at once. Leaving us with no marquee players left on the market.
Millward has now stated that NO MARQUEE PLAYERS WILL BE SIGNED FOR 2020. So that won't happen. However, it is not a matter of Frizell, Leilua and Lomax honouring their contract for 2020, it is a matter of mindset for these players if they accept offers during the season to move to another club.

possm

Coach
That’s good that means they will have shed some players. Hopefully Moyza to the Tigers so they can keep their greasy paws off Lomax.
I think the point is that nearly every option to improve our roster through sensible recruiting is being shut down. Millward just not up to the job.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think the point is that nearly every option to improve our roster through sensible recruiting is being shut down. Millward just not up to the job.
Maybe but as I’ve stated I think we are best using what we have for now. Next year Lafai and Aitken for example are off contract. Lafai won’t be re-signed as he’s too old. Aitken will have to have a career defining season to be re-signed. Lomax should fill one of those spots. I’d look at greg leleisiuao to fill a spot probably.

possm

Coach
Maybe but as I’ve stated I think we are best using what we have for now. Next year Lafai and Aitken for example are off contract. Lafai won’t be re-signed as he’s too old. Aitken will have to have a career defining season to be re-signed. Lomax should fill one of those spots. I’d look at greg leleisiuao to fill a spot probably.
While we waste another season talking about next season, this problem could have been solved at the end of the 2017 season. We need a bigger effort and more skill when recruiting key players. Rather than waiting for next season, we should have been telling the likes of Aitken and Lafai that they are no longer needed in first grade and will be initially selected in reserve grade for 2020. Follow that with the words that you have permission to look elsewhere but we will not be subsidising any deal.

Latest posts