What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

carcharias

Immortal
Me personally? He has every right to chase as much money as he can. Reckon he’s making a poor decision (in the long term) leaving us but that’s just me. Mundine’s a merkin. That is all.
Exactly
You aren’t upset that he is misleading other other clubs
You are upset because he could leave your club
He is a gun
No need to bullshit about it.

carcharias

Immortal
Just stop, there is a reason every club he has spoken outside the Titans has pulled out. It isn't because they are angry about him talking to other clubs.

don’t get all f**king morally upset now ffs
We are talking about the Roosters
They have f**ked over many clubs over the years.
Did roosters fans complain when Tedesco bailed on the tigers?
f**k no.

betcats

Referee
don’t get all f**king morally upset now ffs
We are talking about the Roosters
They have f**ked over many clubs over the years.
Did roosters fans complain when Tedesco bailed on the tigers?
f**k no.

What has that got to do with this? You(and a couple others) keep implying Latrell is only in situation because he has decided to talk to other clubs. That isn't true at all. I haven't seen roosters fans blowing up about it.

Recently your club has taken numerous big time talents from mine, that didn't stop sharks fans ripping Holmes a new one when he left, or Bird.

carcharias

Immortal
What has that got to do with this? You(and a couple others) keep implying Latrell is only in situation because he has decided to talk to other clubs. That isn't true at all. I haven't seen roosters fans blowing up about it.

Recently your club has taken numerous big time talents from mine, that didn't stop sharks fans ripping Holmes a new one when he left, or Bird.
f**k yeah
I admit it.
I’m not going to bullshit by saying I’m upset by “ the way he went about it”.

Wh do you even follow?

betcats

Referee
f**k yeah
I admit it.
I’m not going to bullshit by saying I’m upset by “ the way he went about it”.

Wh do you even follow?

Penrith. I have no stakes in the Latrell signing at all.

Im not upset by the way he is handling anything. But his goal is to get as much money is possible which is his right, only an utter imbecile would think the way he is handling it will get him the biggest contract. He is hurting himself immensely IMO.

Exactly
You aren’t upset that he is misleading other other clubs
You are upset because he could leave your club
He is a gun
No need to bullshit about it.

All true mostly. I genuinely don’t want to see his reputation tarnished, though. As a fan, I have some investment in him. I appreciate that shouldn’t matter to him either. Did I mention Mundine’s a merkin?

carcharias

Immortal
Penrith. I have no stakes in the Latrell signing at all.

Im not upset by the way he is handling anything. But his goal is to get as much money is possible which is his right, only an utter imbecile would think the way he is handling it will get him the biggest contract. He is hurting himself immensely IMO.

We took big name players off you?

Can we give one particular one back?

adamkungl

Immortal
The highest point scorer for 2019 and back to back premiership winner doesn’t deserve to shop himself around apparently.

I don’t recall roosters fans crying when
SBW
Cronk
Teddy
walked out on their teams to go to or ended up at the Roosters.

He deserves to shop himself round, he just isn't very good at it

But your imaginary narrative that roosters fans are upset about it is very nice keep it up

betcats

Referee
you seem to be forgetting
Preston
John Lang
Martin Lang
Tyrone peachey
Our jersey

Yeah I havent forgotten those gems(except the jersey?), I am just pointing out every club assigns players from elsewhere. Now that you mention Peachey I recall having to defend his right to sign with another club from upset sharks fans all those years ago.

carcharias

Immortal
62298317-8AE8-46D5-8787-0424EA982A1C.jpeg
Yeah I havent forgotten those gems(except the jersey?), I am just pointing out every club assigns players from elsewhere. Now that you mention Peachey I recall having to defend his right to sign with another club from upset sharks fans
all those years ago.

this is how your simple mind works.......I have never said 100% .

you work in a simple binary fashion. end of lesson

No the simpleton here is someone who thinks writing "you work in a simple binary fashion" is a lesson in itself. Don't give up your day job "teach".

Further the level of accuracy was implied by the tone of your post, namely that you know more about it than anyone else. I won't bother talking to you anymore as my parents said to never argue with idiots or fools, and you sir qualify on both counts.

Last edited:
The highest point scorer for 2019 and back to back premiership winner doesn’t deserve to shop himself around apparently.

I don’t recall roosters fans crying when
SBW
Cronk
Teddy
walked out on their teams to go to or ended up at the Roosters.

SBW? Mate when he came to our club he'd been playing Rugby Union for 5 years. So why would we cry about him leaving Union?! If you meant how he walked out on the Bulldogs, I thought it was poor behaviour.

Cronk was off contract at the end of 2017 and his signing was announced after the 2017 Grand Final. Hence why would we cry? Why would Storm fans? He was not under contract to them as it expired at the end of the 2017 season and he'd been talking about moving to Sydney to be with his fiancée all year.

Tedesco was still under contract till the end of 2017 when it was announced he'd signed a 4 year deal with the Roosters starting in 2018. It was announced on 3 May 2017. He was allowed to speak to other clubs, and I can understand Tigers fans upset by his leaving.

No Roosters fan on here has been saying that Latrell is wrong in seeking to earn more money. What we have said is he is doing it so badly that it has hurt the demand for his services so badly that only one club, as far as we now, are in the hunt to sign him, and they need to offload players to be able to fit him under the salary cap.

carcharias

Immortal
SBW? Mate when he came to our club he'd been playing Rugby Union for 5 years. So why would we cry about him leaving Union?! If you meant how he walked out on the Bulldogs, I thought it was poor behaviour.

Cronk was off contract at the end of 2017 and his signing was announced after the 2017 Grand Final. Hence why would we cry? Why would Storm fans? He was not under contract to them as it expired at the end of the 2017 season and he'd been talking about moving to Sydney to be with his fiancée all year.

Tedesco was still under contract till the end of 2017 when it was announced he'd signed a 4 year deal with the Roosters starting in 2018. It was announced on 3 May 2017. He was allowed to speak to other clubs, and I can understand Tigers fans upset by his leaving.

No Roosters fan on here has been saying that Latrell is wrong in seeking to earn more money. What we have said is he is doing it so badly that it has hurt the demand for his services so badly that only one club, as far as we now, are in the hunt to sign him, and they need to offload players to be able to fit him under the salary cap.

oh
So it’s ok when blokes go to your club but not when your blokes look at other clubs?