What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

carcharias

Immortal
What Babyface O'Reilly said 100%

I'm not upset. Everyone's entitled to do the best for themselves. I really wish him the best

I just think he's going about it the wrong way.

But it's easy to be philosophical when you've just won 2 Premierships.

If his leaving us had cost us a Premiership I'd be blowing up like a fundamentalist in a Kabul market

just blow up
Own it
The f**ker has had the luxury of some of the best players ever to have played with.
The Roosters have invested plenty in him.
They made him.

tell it like it is.
The f**ker has got too big for his boots.
How dare he look for more money!

he owes you.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Hes definitely gone. The moneys been spent upgrading Manu and SST. JWH didnt take unders just to leave 800k in the kitty.

What happens next year will be interesting though. They say that they wont release him to souffs. But they cant just sit him in reserves. RLPA has already shown they will step in if coach/club get petty.

AJB1102

First Grade
The best part about it was Jeremy Smith baiting him a few mins later and Anasta throwing helicopter punches with not one of them going close to connecting. Classic.

haha not the proper Jeremy Smith. He'd smack a dozen shades of shit outta Braith before anyone could blow a whistle in hope of saving him.

Hes definitely gone. The moneys been spent upgrading Manu and SST. JWH didnt take unders just to leave 800k in the kitty.

What happens next year will be interesting though. They say that they wont release him to souffs. But they cant just sit him in reserves. RLPA has already shown they will step in if coach/club get petty.

Don’t think they’ve resigned Friend, yet.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Even if Latrell signed with Wests for 2021 I would love it if the Roosters took one for the team (being the rest of the teams) and said 'Thats cool, but we're you're playing for us this year. If you dont like it Norths train on Tuesday night, here's Jason Taylor's number.'

Might finally put an end to all this prima donna bullshit players are allowed to pull these days to get out of contracts

Hopefully they lowballed the shit out of him, teach him & his f*ckhead management team a lesson.

I agree with your sentiment but if I were a Tigers fan, I’d just want him to perform like the gun player we know he can be. I reckon he’d sulk if they lowballed him. Plus the wait of expectation on top of it.
Playing in the position he wants to be in and on the money he wants, he should go well for them.

Tiger5150

Bench
I agree with your sentiment but if I were a Tigers fan, I’d just want him to perform like the gun player we know he can be. I reckon he’d sulk if they lowballed him. Plus the wait of expectation on top of it.
Playing in the position he wants to be in and on the money he wants, he should go well for them.

I agree with you. I have a number in my head of what I think he is worth and for every signing you hope that the club isnt paying overs, but with Latrell, if he is happy, what he brings to the club is potentially massive and $200K over would be nothing.

There is an opportunity cost of missing out. It would be a great deal to get him and jst get on with things. Probably a pipe dream....Ive always thought Souffs was stitched up many months ago. With todays announcement, its quite possible that all of Souffs talk of Arrow was a smokescreen and in swoops Latrell.

Last edited:
I agree with you. I have a number in my head of what I think he is worth and for every signing you hope that the club isnt paying overs, but with Latrell, if he is happy, what he brings to the club is potentially massive and $200K over would be nothing.

There is an opportunity cost of missing out. It would be a great deal to get him and jst get on with things. Probably a pipe dream....Ive always thought Souffs was stitched up many months ago. With todays announcement, its quiet possible that all of Souffs talk of Arrow was a smokescreen and in swoops Latrell.

Agreed. Even if he doesn’t play as well and as consistently as you’d hope, the initial bump in membership/ticket/jersey sales will surely make back that 200k, you’d think.

And yes, Souffs are still a possibility of signing him.

There is an opportunity cost of missing out. It would be a great deal to get him and jst get on with things. Probably a pipe dream....Ive always thought Souffs was stitched up many months ago. With todays announcement, its quite possible that all of Souffs talk of Arrow was a smokescreen and in swoops Latrell.

I don't think the Arrow talk is a smokescreen. Losing Sutton, and now Burgess, really depletes their forward stocks. Sure they still have Cook and Murray, but they need a leader in that pack who will be the intimidating, hard tackling, hard tight running type.

wazdog

Juniors
I don't think the Arrow talk is a smokescreen. Losing Sutton, and now Burgess, really depletes their forward stocks. Sure they still have Cook and Murray, but they need a leader in that pack who will be the intimidating, hard tackling, hard tight running type.

Almost certain we didn't need the salary cap relief to make a play at Arrow.

I believe those funds were set aside for a play at Fifita.

Take it for what is worth but Latrell was out with the Bunnies boys at fight night last night.