What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

jack coburn

Juniors
How funny are souths fans trying to turn the narrative away from themselves.
Believe it or not roosters fans aren't the only ones who are under the opinion Souths get an easier go than other clubs.
I don't think anyone is disputing wallaces injury because he didn't sign a long term deal when already injured.
As far a being scabs history can't be re written no matter how much money you have.

Valheru

Coach
It’s good to see the chooks going through a bit of adversity. Christ I know how it feels fellas so suck it up.

You do realise we don't actually care about the Latrell situation anymore? This may be new and shiny to everyone else but we knew he was going to souths months ago and dealt with it.

We just like taking the piss out of souths fans.

The Rosco

Bench
Does that mean the knights, Wests & Broncos also got favoured treatment?
You muppet. WT had to wait an eternity for Matulino's clearance. Months and months. Not the few weeks that Sammy's got pushed through in.
GI's case is very very similar to Farah's. the only difference is WT didn't "officially" tell the NRL that he was in line for a post retirement gig. It was published on our site, but never "officially" reported to Toddles.
The difference ? we get a massive fine, a massive slice off our salary cap, and our boss gets neutered for 6 months.
GI ? he got a new canopy for his boat. To keep the rain off. He had a sore knee . . . bingo !!!! retired and cap free dispensation. Fkk off.
Souffs are in a cuckold relationship with the NRL and Greenburg, Rusty and now Bennett all getting in for a rootin' tootin' time. I don't know who the husband is, or the wife, or the dominant male. Frankly they can all go and fkk themselves.
Ungrateful merkins.

Tiger5150

Bench
You muppet. WT had to wait an eternity for Matulino's clearance. Months and months. Not the few weeks that Sammy's got pushed through in.
GI's case is very very similar to Farah's. the only difference is WT didn't "officially" tell the NRL that he was in line for a post retirement gig. It was published on our site, but never "officially" reported to Toddles.
The difference ? we get a massive fine, a massive slice off our salary cap, and our boss gets neutered for 6 months.
GI ? he got a new canopy for his boat. To keep the rain off. He had a sore knee . . . bingo !!!! retired and cap free dispensation. Fkk off.
Souffs are in a cuckold relationship with the NRL and Greenburg, Rusty and now Bennett all getting in for a rootin' tootin' time. I don't know who the husband is, or the wife, or the dominant male. Frankly they can all go and fkk themselves.
Ungrateful merkins.

in GI’s own words he wasn’t even injured. Just cbf. NRL still waved it through

And Piggins and co were (and still are) adamant they'd do it their way or no way at all. Hostile takeover was the only way Souths survive and succeed.

I know a bit about this due to family connections (believe it or not, as I know it is an easy claim to make over the net). The only ones really hostile to it were the Piggins' and their closest supporters. Many others, including many on the board accepted it as they said that Geogre's plan was just to try doing the same things they'd been doing since 2002. A member of my family was very close personally to George Piggins before this happened. To this day, George nor Noleen will even acknowledge them if they pass in the street - despite having previously been friends for over 50 years.

The Chooks do it so tough. Every time their billionaire owners & board members pay top talent on the sly to join the club, they have to figure out which numpty's contract the pretend made the room.

Then figure out a way to stand offside all day & which 50/50 call they can invent to whine about the 3 good calls they get- a bit like how the salary cap/TPA's work for them actually...

Billionaire owners? ROFLMAO. The Roosters are not privately owned.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
I know a bit about this due to family connections (believe it or not, as I know it is an easy claim to make over the net). The only ones really hostile to it were the Piggins' and their closest supporters. Many others, including many on the board accepted it as they said that Geogre's plan was just to try doing the same things they'd been doing since 2002. A member of my family was very close personally to George Piggins before this happened. To this day, George nor Noleen will even acknowledge them if they pass in the street - despite having previously been friends for over 50 years.

I was involved, personally, to a degree and the way George & Noelene were treated was absolutely disgusting.

wazdog

Juniors
You do realise we don't actually care about the Latrell situation anymore? This may be new and shiny to everyone else but we knew he was going to souths months ago and dealt with it.

We just like taking the piss out of souths fans.

8 out of 20 threads on the first two pages of the Chook Pen relate to Mitchell. It doesn’t look like you’ve all moved on just yet.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
8 out of 20 threads on the first two pages of the Chook Pen relate to Mitchell. It doesn’t look like you’ve all moved on just yet.

Rest assured their knickers are well and truely in a knot and the floor of their bedrooms is littered in toys that have been thrown out of the cot :p

What’s even better is that, despite other clubs chasing Mitchell, their taking it all out on Southso_O

Spot On

Coach
If I were a Roosters fan, I'd be extremely happy with the players filling the spine positions in the side especially Tedesco and Keary, with the game's best prop in JWH, the Aust and NSW captain, young Radley, the game's best young centre in Manu (sorry Canberra fans) etc etc etc.

Plus a lovely 800K to spend on poaching other clubs gun jnrs. Xeri anyone??

THE CHAMP

First Grade
If I were a Roosters fan, I'd be extremely happy with the players filling the spine positions in the side especially Tedesco and Keary, with the game's best prop in JWH, the Aust and NSW captain, young Radley, the game's best young centre in Manu (sorry Canberra fans) etc etc etc.

Plus a lovely 800K to spend on poaching other clubs gun jnrs. Xeri anyone??

All while remaining under the cap.

Galeforce

Bench
And Piggins and co were (and still are) adamant they'd do it their way or no way at all. Hostile takeover was the only way Souths survive and succeed.

There was NO hostile takeover by Crowe. It was voted on by members ( 75% support required) and going to a vote was supported by a majority of the Souths board.

As everyone knows the key person against it was Piggins.however Piggins was ONE member , ONE board director who had fought tooth and nail to get Souths back into the NRL , however frankly had no plan to get them moving back towards a premiership force. Which is why Crowe stepped up.

"WHEN Peter Holmes a Court phoned Russell Crowe to tell him the South Sydney board had agreed to put their $3 million bid for control of the football club to a vote of members, the Academy award-winning actor responded by saying: "Now you've got a lot of work to do, Peter."

With 4505 members, the Rabbitohs have the largest voting constituency in the NRL and, for Holmes a Court and Crowe to succeed, they must win over 75 per cent of them.

While the campaign will step up a gear when they address supporters at Souths fan day tomorrow at Telstra Stadium, the fact that only six of the nine directors on the club board endorsed the proposal at Thursday night's meeting underlines the difficulty of their task."

Latest posts