What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell racially abused

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm against racism but "Fire up you black dog" which has been reported that he the 15 year old Roosters fan said... isn't that bad imho.
I'm assuming you're not black.

Because if you were you'd be offended. For Hundreds of years people have been treated like domesticated animals or worse purely because of their colour.

It's actually offensive that you don't see it being that bad.

As for the kid, good learning experience hopefully, an even better one would be to send him into an aboriginal community and get him to repeat and see what happens.

Wizardman

First Grade
I'm against racism but "Fire up you black dog" which has been reported that the 15 year old Roosters fan said... isn't that bad imho.
Have a good look around this thread. No person here dislikes you personally yet every post on this thread is opposed to your view. That should tell you that you really need to reflect on your views.
I suggest that you do some reading or access some tv shows that discuss issues of racism. While I don't think you are a racist, I do think your knowledge is below par on this issue.

Danish

Referee
Hopefully no one makes any racist comments this Friday night. Racist comments are unacceptable.

let’s just stick to the homophobic “latte poofs” comments please

bazza

Immortal
Hopefully no one makes any racist comments this Friday night. Racist comments are unacceptable.

let’s just stick to the homophobic “latte poofs” comments please
Used to go to the footy with a bloke about 20 years back whose favourite insult to yell out was "twig"
Got called out about it by a young girl in front and stopped it

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
This comment is absolute proof of my earlier comment......we still have a way to go to educate people that racial abuse is an absolute no go area.

Personally, I've never heard any of the "white" type comments that you have alluded to. Even if what you say is correct, ONE of those two groups cops it from every angle because of their colour.....I'll let you work out which group that is.

Racism needs to be called out, not accepted.

It's their nice way of saying, “sucking it up, it doesn't affect me, so it should not affect you.”

Exsilium

First Grade
Maybe he meant "Black Dawg"

1. To distinguish (and emphasise a distinction) between "dog", the animal, and "dawg", the slang word that is a friendly term of address. dog can be used disparagingly in English, and it carries disparaging connotations in many other languages. As such, there is often a desire to distinguish the term of address from the common noun.
Kids nowadays right? Whole other language.