What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell racially abused

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Maybe he meant "Black Dawg"

1. To distinguish (and emphasise a distinction) between "dog", the animal, and "dawg", the slang word that is a friendly term of address. dog can be used disparagingly in English, and it carries disparaging connotations in many other languages. As such, there is often a desire to distinguish the term of address from the common noun.
Kids nowadays right? Whole other language.
Maybe he was saying Latrell got that dawg in him

Vibing

Juniors
calls for Roosters fans to leave Latrell alone on Friday are hilarious
as long as its not racial ,

he is fair game
just like the 17 players are from the Roosters from Souths fans

Pippen94

First Grade
OK I think he's about 10kg overweight, and it holds him back from being an elite athlete. He's also lazy and a poor reader of play for a fullback. Is it ok for me to say this?

How bout you just be honest & say you don't like him because he's indigenous?!

This whole thing is just the Adam Goodes thing over again

Wizardman

First Grade
I will say this about Latrell.....the man has some dirt in his game. So far this year, he has behaved himself. But, Im not a fan of the man.

In saying that, I stand up for him 100% on this issue. He is fair game to criticize in various aspects of his game....but leave the race shit right out of it.

I do get that some people out there like to knock him because of his race though.

Floodwaters

Juniors
Didn't a South Sydney captain call Dean Widders the exact same thing?

In 2005, Parramatta back-rower Dean Widders called out Souths captain Bryan Fletcher, who had called him a "black c---" during a match.

"It was a big thing to call it out back then," Widders, who also works for the NRL, says. "But the thing I learned early was that the behaviour you ignore is the behaviour you accept. For past generations, that’s what Aboriginal people did: they didn’t stand up, they didn’t make a noise.

"But I’d be surprised if you heard any of that stuff on the field now because of the education the game has given its players. Our game is inclusive — and the players have driven it and led it."

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Didn't a South Sydney captain call Dean Widders the exact same thing?
Bryan Fletcher was sacked and fined for that. He also showed a lot of remorse and afterwards assisted Dean Widders with his great work in the aboriginal community. [Source]

That was in 2005. Unfortunately in 2023, there are still some people who are slow learners.