What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell racially abused

Willow

Assistant Moderator
How bout you just be honest & say you don't like him because he's indigenous?!

This whole thing is just the Adam Goodes thing over again
The major difference here is that the NRL nip this sort of crap in the bud. The AFL commentators referred to the Goodes racism as just "a bit of name calling"... they thought Goodes should harden up. The AFL admin allowed it to continue.... they later admitted they should have acted sooner.... well after the damage had been done. Unfortunately racism in the AFL was at a toxic level, and still is.

I think it's worth giving the NRL and the wider Rugby League community a thumbs up for clamping down on racism in the first instance

And to any Rugby League 'fan' who thinks what happened to Mitchell is "just a bit of name calling", I recommend finding a new home with the AFL.

morton's beanie

Juniors
Sure you have. I've been to more football matches than I can count, and I've never heard anything like that.

Sometimes people talk bullshit on multiple levels.
This guy never heard it so it must be bullshit.

He's been to more games than he can count, but we dunno if thats a significant number or not.

morton's beanie

Juniors
You missed the point entirely.
You said he was bullshitting on multiple levels. You pointed out you'd never heard what he had despite having attended lots of games. The "sure you have" to start the reply. Clearly you believe he is fibbing and your basis for that belief is that you never experienced it.

Nothing to miss.

Canard

Immortal
A 15 year old yelled "Black Dog"...

Very unwarranted but its not worth all this media.

I've heard terms like "White Boy".. "Useless white idiot" at games and nothing is said lol

When I walk down the street, people wolf whistle and yell out "You're Hot!"

Mojo

Bench
The fact that this subject still gets debated is bizarre. Obviously it was a blatantly racist comment. Racism is putrid and should be challenged whenever it occurs. Criticism of a player, as long as it isn’t racist, isn’t an issue. Personally, I wouldn’t ban the kid. If they were prepared to do so, I would recommend that the kid and his dad, meet with Latrell and Cody for a discussion. However, I’m sure individuals of racial minorities are sick to death of trying to passively explain that racism is offensive and moronic.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
The fact that this subject still gets debated is bizarre. Obviously it was a blatantly racist comment. Racism is putrid and should be challenged whenever it occurs. Criticism of a player, as long as isn’t racist isn’t an issue.
Personally, I wouldn’t ban the kid. If they were prepared to do so, I would recommend that the kid and his dad, meet with Latrell and Cody for a discussion. However, I’m sure individuals of racial minorities are sick to death of trying to passively explain that racism is offensive and moronic.
Can't remember where i heard it, i think it was Bryan Fletcher on the matty johns show, explaining that its all well and fine for this kid to meet up with latrell and get some mediation, but theres thousands of kids who would want to meet latrell, and who idolise him and wouldn't be so disrespectful if they got the chance to, so why does this idiot kid get to meet a famous athlete, and all the good kids dont, it just sets a bad precedent, that you can say whatever you want to become infamous thru bad behavior...
Personally i heard that he didn't say anything racist, but theres a fair amount of witnesses that say he did, im sure the integrity unit will find out from nearby crowd witnesses at the game, and around the tunnel

Mojo

Bench
Can't remember where i heard it, i think it was Bryan Fletcher on the matty johns show, explaining that its all well and fine for this kid to meet up with latrell and get some mediation, but theres thousands of kids who would want to meet latrell, and who idolise him and wouldn't be so disrespectful if they got the chance to, so why does this idiot kid get to meet a famous athlete, and all the good kids dont, it just sets a bad precedent, that you can say whatever you want to become infamous thru bad behavior...
Personally i heard that he didn't say anything racist, but theres a fair amount of witnesses that say he did, im sure the integrity unit will find out from nearby crowd witnesses at the game, and around the tunnel
Fair enough. Maybe they could let Latrell run at the kid after they've had their chat.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade

Agreed. The f**kwit should not be rewarded.

Danish

Referee
Roosters could really add to the book of feuds by seeking a 1 game sponsorship from the black dog institute for this Friday night.

entirely about supporting Souths and roosters legend Angus Crichton’s mental health troubles, of course

kdalymc

Bench
A 15 year old yelled "Black Dog"...

Very unwarranted but its not worth all this media.

I've heard terms like "White Boy".. "Useless white idiot" at games and nothing is said lol
tell us you dont get it without saying you dont get it

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Agree, he should be made to meet Bryan Fletcher as punishment. I wonder if Fletcher had the same opinion when he abused Dean Widders.

Latest posts