What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League stars in campus ruckus

cram

Bench
On a lighter note the last time we won the comp we went on a drunken rampage and their was a significant disaster......will history repeast itself...i doubt it...lol

Kaz

junior
cram said:
On a lighter note the last time we won the comp we went on a drunken rampage and their was a significant disaster......will history repeast itself...i doubt it...lol

:lol:

Wasn't that after the season started, not before.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
seven news didnt even have anything about the story.
on nine news they said the police havent recieved any offical complaints so they dont have anything to investigate. i also heard that there are 12 players who could be punished but soem of them were jsut out past the curfew so not all 12 were involved in the incident

Kaz

junior
the_knights_rule said:
on nine news they said the police havent recieved any offical complaints so they dont have anything to investigate. i also heard that there are 12 players who could be punished but soem of them were jsut out past the curfew so not all 12 were involved in the incident

But what incident, if there is NO official police complaint.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
yes that is true kaz. if they are going to come out to the media and complain about what happened then why havent they gone to the police

*melliez*

Juniors
I, unlike some around here, am going to hold back judgement on this matter until I know facts, I mean the fact that no one really knows anything that happened on Saturday night so you should be mature enough to keep quiet for a while.

Parki, I think you have spent way too much time at Maroubra, the latte sipping morons are getting to your already whacked mind.

If you don't wanna waste $200 on this club, do us all a favour and DON'T. What respect I did have for you (which for the record was not much, especially after last year's performance at Parramatta Stadium when you said something along the lines of "I won't believe it until I read it in the Newcastle Herald") has just gone out the window.

The same goes for anyone else who wants to jump on the bandwagon and start accusing players before they have been proven guilty of any wrong doing.

I mean, hello the cops aren't pressing charges, no one has come forward and complained about assault, and I mean, if it did happen, wouldn't you have gone straight to the cops, if it was you or one of your friends? I think so.

Don't get me wrong, if they are proven guilty, they should suffer whatever punishment is dealt to them, but at the moment it is all rumours (Sunrise this morning used the word "Alledgedly" four times in the story, which was no more than a minute long)

I am serious disguisted with all of you who have started accusing players of any wrong doing. I thought we were all better than that, obviously I was completely wrong.

Kaz

junior
the_knights_rule said:
yes that is true kaz. if they are going to come out to the media and complain about what happened then why havent they gone to the police

Well by a report the police were at the campus.

*melliez*

Juniors
the_knights_rule said:

You were obviously watching a different channel 7 to me, because they definately had something about it on when I was watching it.

They even had Ken Conway talking about it, and footage of the boys training back in Newcastle.

Seven also said that the cops were investigating it, but god knows

the_knights_rule

First Grade
You were obviously watching a different channel 7 to me, because they definately had something about it on when I was watching it.

They even had Ken Conway talking about it, and footage of the boys training back in Newcastle.

i think i get prime news down here so they mighta been different.

*melliez*

Juniors
the_knights_rule said:

i think i get prime news down here so they mighta been different.

yeah probably

[furrycat]

Coach
*melliez* said:
I am serious disguisted with all of you who have started accusing players of any wrong doing. I thought we were all better than that, obviously I was completely wrong.

Where were you during the Bulldogs saga? The exact same thing happened at a much heightened scale even after we were cleared of any wrong doing

*melliez*

Juniors
[furrycat said:
]
*melliez* said:

Where were you during the Bulldogs saga? The exact same thing happened at a much heightened scale even after we were cleared of any wrong doing

I was probably too busy laughing at their stupidity to say much, but I don't approve of people jumping to conclusions about innocent people.

Isn't the saying something like "innocent until proven guilty"? I believe that is the perfect saying on this and the bulldogs matter

[furrycat]

Coach
I'm with you on this, but the fact remains everyone believes what they see/read, and think they know all the facts.

*melliez*

Juniors
[furrycat said:
]I'm with you on this, but the fact remains everyone believes what they see/read, and think they know all the facts.

I never thought I would say this, but I agree with a Bulldogs supporter on something! :lol: :lol:

A journalist will twist a story any which way they feel as long as it is the way that will make their particular type of media get more viewers or readers.

It is beyond a joke how soon people jumped on this and started throwing accusations at players around.

I will say it once more. A fair few people on this forum have disguisted me today, and unfortunately I have to tell people that I support the same football team as you, but the difference is, as far as I am concerned, until someone is charged with "sexually assaulting" some chick in Bathurst, I will not go bad mouthing them or the team, and even then I won't.

I am going out of a limb here saying what I am about to say on this matter, but shoot me for it, it is just what I have seen, not only at the football, but in the workplace, on the streets, in every day situations which we have all seen.

I don't think this is a problem with footballers, I actually think this is a problem with women (keeping in mind, I am a 22 year old female). Some females (I can be included in this, as I have done this in the past) dress in ways, which would easily be able to give them the label as a "s**t" or a "whore". It isn't the footballers fault that these women decide to go to a football game, dressed in ways which could lead to that happening.

Here is a question for you all...

Did any of you bad mouth Robbie O'Davis and Adam MacDougall when they were "alledgedly" taking drugs?

Until reading this thread I would have said No, but I can see that there are a few people here who would have been out for their sacking the second they heard about it.

Shame on you all!

Kaz

junior
*melliez* said:
Here is a question for you all...

Did any of you bad mouth Robbie O'Davis and Adam MacDougall when they were "alledgedly" taking drugs?

ummm

Yep

And I still do. :lol:

RB30DETT

Juniors
*melliez* said:

I thought that was proven?

But, anyway I think the Knights are doing the right thing, they know something wrong happened and are being active in doing something about it.

*melliez*

Juniors
:lol: I would have said that too!

I yelled out to kurt on Saturday saying that he sucked and needed to be dropped on his head and maybe he would start playing properly again :lol:

Latest posts