What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Trivia Thread

*Paul*

Juniors
10. Who was the first team to lose competition points?

Glebe 1919

11. Since 2000, which team has conceeded the most points?

Canberra?

15. How many games is the record for most games undefeated (and who holds it)?

In a row I presume, Easts 35

16. Which first grade club has scored points in their last 157 matches?
Warriors

You guys are machines, nice work. These are the remaining ones:

L1. Who was the first first grader to run out onto Stadium Australia in a Rugby League match?

L2. Who was the youngest ever City captain?

L3. Who was the last Kangaroo to play for a CRL side?

1. Which player scored four tries in the 1993 World Sevens Plate Final between Fiji and Western Suburbs?

2. Why did Dally Messenger miss out on the Roosters 100 team according to selectors?

3. What do Terry Lamb, Michael Hagan and Daniel Anderson specifically have in common? (Please don't give obvious ones like They're All Coaches)

6. What was so special about the Round 18 clash between Dragons and Raiders in 2001?

14. Who was the first person to referee 200 first grade matches?

Last edited:
4. In a five game spell in 1945, what did Balmain manage to do that no-one else has done?

Drew four times

10. Who was the first team to lose competition points?

Glebe 1919

11. Since 2000, which team has conceeded the most points?

Canberra?

12. Since 2000, what is the most common score a team has reached in a first grade match?

15. How many games is the record for most games undefeated (and who holds it)?

In a row I presume, Easts 35

16. Which first grade club has scored points in their last 157 matches?
Warriors

4, 11 and 12 have been answered.

10. Glebe is correct (1917 actually)

15. Correct.

16. Correct.

mightybears

Bench
1. Which player scored four tries in the 1993 World Sevens Plate Final between Fiji and Western Suburbs? Tezza Hill or Andrew Leeds

2. Why did Dally Messenger miss out on the Roosters 100 team according to selectors?

Because John Brass has a lot of power!, Ian Schubert may had got a real audit going, and found all the free Falcons if not selected, we couldn't not have Sir Freddie at 6 could we!, Mark Harris was one of the great wingers in history, Mullins was a crowd favourite, Horrie had to go at halfback, and no one alive saw Dally play!

gong_eagle

First Grade
which Manly player threw the Gatorade bottle over des hasler and peter Peters at the end of the 08 Grand Final ?

Azkatro

First Grade
You guys are machines, nice work. These are the remaining ones:

L1. Who was the first first grader to run out onto Stadium Australia in a Rugby League match? Paul Harragon

L2. Who was the youngest ever City captain? Craig Gower

1. Which player scored four tries in the 1993 World Sevens Plate Final between Fiji and Western Suburbs? Terry Hill

6. What was so special about the Round 18 clash between Dragons and Raiders in 2001? It was the 10,000th ever premiership game

14. Who was the first person to referee 200 first grade matches? Tom McMahon Sr

7. bizarrely, it was Auckland

14. Tom McMahon Jr

7. Auckland is correct. Although which English team didn't fail in that competition really...

14. Incorrect.

Robbie O'Davis, or whoever the filth had at fullback during 1999

Also incorrect.

1. Which player scored four tries in the 1993 World Sevens Plate Final between Fiji and Western Suburbs? Tezza Hill or Andrew Leeds

Because John Brass has a lot of power!, Ian Schubert may had got a real audit going, and found all the free Falcons if not selected, we couldn't not have Sir Freddie at 6 could we!, Mark Harris was one of the great wingers in history, Mullins was a crowd favourite, Horrie had to go at halfback, and no one alive saw Dally play!

Both are incorrect.

Bill Harrigan admitted to making an error!

...otherwise...
It was a milestone match. I'm sorta looking for that answer.

I'm marking you now Azkatro.

L1. Who was the first first grader to run out onto Stadium Australia in a Rugby League match? Paul Harragon

L2. Who was the youngest ever City captain? Craig Gower

1. Which player scored four tries in the 1993 World Sevens Plate Final between Fiji and Western Suburbs? Terry Hill/Mark Bell (Incorrect)

6. What was so special about the Round 18 clash between Dragons and Raiders in 2001? It was the 10,000th ever premiership game (Definately correct)

14. Who was the first person to referee 200 first grade matches? Tom McMahon Sr (This is the answer I was told, so yep)

KHunt

Juniors
L1. Who was the first first grader to run out onto Stadium Australia in a Rugby League match? Tony Buttersfield

L3. Who was the last Kangaroo to play for a CRL side? Greg Conescu

2. Why did Dally Messenger miss out on the Roosters 100 team according to selectors? He didn't play enough seasons and played union for wallabies

3. What do Terry Lamb, Michael Hagan and Daniel Anderson specifically have in common? (Please don't give obvious ones like They're All Coaches)

6. What was so special about the Round 18 clash between Dragons and Raiders in 2001? 500th Canberra game

They all got their first NRL coaching gig in 2001. (probably not what you were looking for but meh)

L1. Who was the first first grader to run out onto Stadium Australia in a Rugby League match? Tony Buttersfield

L3. Who was the last Kangaroo to play for a CRL side? Greg Conescu

2. Why did Dally Messenger miss out on the Roosters 100 team according to selectors? He didn't play enough seasons and played union for wallabies

6. What was so special about the Round 18 clash between Dragons and Raiders in 2001? 500th Canberra game

L1 and L3. The answers Loudstrat gave me says they are both incorrect.

2. Didn't play enough seasons is extremely close, but I know what you mean.

3. You didn't answer...

6. It has already been answered - 10,000th first grade game.

They all got their first NRL coaching gig in 2001. (probably not what you were looking for but meh)

Actually you're on the right track. Very close to what I was thinking.

Ciriaco Mescia!
Steve Georgallis!

Nope. I will give a hint. Read the question.