What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Unlimited's Favourite Movie

Misanthrope

Staff member
After a flurry of votes, we have a new leader. Will this cult flick be able to stave off The Shawshank Redemption’s apparent stranglehold on LU #1?

Voting remains open until January 13th!

myrrh ken

First Grade
There have been a lot of shit superhero movies and a few gems, just like in past decades it has been fantasy, disaster, action cop, or mafia movies dominating the cinema.

Has there been any of these movies that non-fanbois think are exceptional without adding the words "for a super hero movie".

I think dark knight was good for a superhero movie but not as a standalone movie. Plot acting dialogue mostly average.

Havent seen joker but acting looks alright. The rest simply dont appeal.

Parra

Referee
Has there been any of these movies that non-fanbois think are exceptional without adding the words "for a super hero movie".

I think dark knight was good for a superhero movie but not as a standalone movie. Plot acting dialogue mostly average.

Havent seen joker but acting looks alright. The rest simply dont appeal.

All total crap for mine. People enjoy them and they are a goldmine for the big studios. No need to see them on "best" lists. Anymore than we need to see Maccas/KFC/Dominos etc on best food lists - even though they are very popular.

T.S Quint

Coach
Voting for this one will close on January 19th.

Oh cool. I didn’t miss it. I’ll get my picks in ASAP.

Just to be clear, is it what we think are the ‘Best’ movies or just what are our ‘favourites’ because I reckon my list would be different for each of those.

Misanthrope

Staff member
All total crap for mine. People enjoy them and they are a goldmine for the big studios. No need to see them on "best" lists. Anymore than we need to see Maccas/KFC/Dominos etc on best food lists - even though they are very popular.

Except this isn't a 'best' countdown, it's a favorite countdown.

I would argue that The Dark Knight and Joker are likely the only ones that could be considered terrific films in isolation from the "for a superhero movie", which is ironic given that DC generally seems to suck balls when it comes to the whole Marvel vs. DC cinematic battle.

Springs09

Juniors
Except this isn't a 'best' countdown, it's a favorite countdown.

I would argue that The Dark Knight and Joker are likely the only ones that could be considered terrific films in isolation from the "for a superhero movie", which is ironic given that DC generally seems to suck balls when it comes to the whole Marvel vs. DC cinematic battle.

Eh that's only the MCU v DCEU thing. Before that DC had much better movies, especially if you include Vertigo ones.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Really one of the caveats to remind people how to vote fav movies, is how often do you actually watch these movies. I know on my list, it's only stuff that I repeatedly rewatch. It's funny how much you can start seeing through a movie after the 5-6 watch over a 10yr period. Thats why my number 1 movie was such an easy choice.

Latest posts