What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leagues Club AGM thread.

Seems like besides the normal agenda of an AGM, the same old petty squabbles were evident last night.
It's a shame really.
I'd like to see us just get on with the job of ensuring our future. That is meant for all involved - both past and present.

Suity

Well I thought the Foundation idea had a bit of legs but It would definitely need more clarification, and the paying paying the interest back at different rates was interesting.

The Idea on the whole is not without merit, but I am wondering about the fine print, and it is all reliant on the club still making money, which depends on a few things.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well I thought the Foundation idea had a bit of legs but It would definitely need more clarification, and the paying paying the interest back at different rates was interesting.

The Idea on the whole is not without merit, but I am wondering about the fine print, and it is all reliant on the club still making money, which depends on a few things.

Not knowing much about the proposal makes it hard for me to comment, but it seems as though the idea has merit.
I'd like to see more details before I commented further.

Once again mate, I and others appreciated the effort you went to last night to bring us the news.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jeez Mark, I thought you must have been the official minute taker. Bloody good effort there mate.

we'll lend him out to you if you want at mat's rates skin, but only if you call quick..;-)

Surely, Fitzy would not shoot down one of his own??

Fitzy is a good man who cares about the true supporters of the club!!

Fitzy would never ever do that.

he was no different at the footy club AGM...he carried on like an arrogant prat but the beauty about democarcy and our club is that he was entitled to express an opnion as much as any other member.

Denis genuinely cares for the Club also. He has been involved for a bloody long time not to care about the place. I don't know how old you are - but from your immature postings I would assume you are about 15, 16 or 17 - so it is reasonable to state that he was involved before you were EVEN born, maybe even before your Mummy and Daddy were born....

Dennis definitely cares about the club, that was never questioned Pete, but like the football club AGM he and John Fenwick turned up with an axe to grind and some..

parra pete

Referee
Best place to air grievances is an AGM..Better off saying what you think and letting everyone know than bottling it up and telling everyone else.
When we had the pub, we had a sign on the wall saying---------
"If the beer tastes off, tell us and we will doing something about it. If it tastes great, tell all your friends"
There were seven pubs and four Clubs in town servicing a population of about 3000, so Hotel industry was pretty competitive in town at the time.
Since those days, two pubs have burned down and our pub has been de-licenced and sold off (not by us) as a residence and potential steak house..
So now there are four pubs, and two Clubs...Glad I am out, it is pretty competitive, don't miss it one bit (and we ran the Pub for over 20 years - longest serving publicans in town)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Best place to air grievances is an AGM..Better off saying what you think and letting everyone know than bottling it up and telling everyone else.
When we had the pub, we had a sign on the wall saying---------
"If the beer tastes off, tell us and we will doing something about it. If it tastes great, tell all your friends"
There were seven pubs and four Clubs in town servicing a population of about 3000, so Hotel industry was pretty competitive in town at the time.
Since those days, two pubs have burned down and our pub has been de-licenced and sold off (not by us) as a residence and potential steak house..
So now there are four pubs, and two Clubs...Glad I am out, it is pretty competitive, don't miss it one bit (and we ran the Pub for over 20 years - longest serving publicans in town)

ans what about telling a fellow member wanting to share their opinions to hurry up??? sheer arrogance

parra pete

Referee
I don't see it as arrogance...but I wasn't there...Maybe he was labouring on a point...? As I said wasn't there so I wouldn't know.
BUT Fitzy is an easy target for people who don't appreciate his long service to the Club.
BIT like on here when people have differing opinions are are told off in no uncertain manner. Is that classed as 'arrogance'. Just asking!

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't see it as arrogance...but I wasn't there...Maybe he was labouring on a point...? As I said wasn't there so I wouldn't know.
BUT Fitzy is an easy target for people who don't appreciate his long service to the Club.
BIT like on here when people have differing opinions are are told off in no uncertain manner. Is that classed as 'arrogance'. Just asking!

Fitzy's a long standing member who's done a wonderful job at the club on and off the field but this is hardly the point here..

the weird and wonderful world of the forum has many upon many differing opinions amongst many members on many different subjects, unless you're breaking the rules which we don't encourage, you're allowed to express whatever opinion you want as much as you're allowed to challenge someones opinion.

Unfortunately, I wasn't there last night but I can tell you that no one told him to shutup or hurry up at the football club AGM where he ranted and raved about everything and anything that was on the agenda.

bartman

Immortal
Unfortunately, I wasn't there last night but I can tell you that no one told him to shutup or hurry up at the football club AGM where he ranted and raved about everything and anything that was on the agenda.
It's really the chairman of a meeting's job to stop people raving off topic. Maybe there was a weak chair at the FC AGM you speak of? And maybe Fitzy thought there was a weak chair last night?

Meetings are meetings... there's always some agendas on display and things going down. To be honest, reading MITS' notes I'm surprised there weren't more squabbles over issues.

As for arrogance, there's plenty of it on any internet forum, and at a comparable level to the report (coming from the horse's mouth) of Fitzy's interjection to MITS.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
It's really the chairman of a meeting's job to stop people raving off topic. Maybe there was a weak chair at the FC AGM you speak of? And maybe Fitzy thought there was a weak chair last night?

Meetings are meetings... there's always some agendas on display and things going down. To be honest, reading MITS' notes I'm surprised there weren't more squabbles over issues.

As for arrogance, there's plenty of it on any internet forum, and at a comparable level to the report (coming from the horse's mouth) of Fitzy's interjection to MITS.

The Football Club AGM was Chaired by Ron Hilditch, definitely not a weak man, but loyal to Denis, and I admire loyalty.

The Leagues Club AGM Chaired by Roy Spagnolo, definitely not a weak man and Chaired the meeting confidently and with dignity to all parties.

Denis only went to the microphone once, and that was to declare his legal action against the club concerning an amount of money, and that he would be taking defamation proceedings against the club and a publication. Denis had every right to put that to the AGM and did it without arrogance and to the point, apart from that he was attentive but fairly subdued.

Then we had John Fenwick, I believe the clubs accountant for many, many, many years. Mr Fenwick challenged the current board on what he described as very bad economic policy concerning the sale of assets to pay off debt, and nominated the two sales of property that has sold. Sid Kelly answered Mr Fenwick's gruff challenge, with the facts that both sales of the nominated properties were in fact brokered by Denis Fitzgerald and signed off on by the previous board. Obviously some fiscal research was needed before hand.

Laurie Macolino was introduced to discuss how first mortgage investment through members can be explored as a possible revenue return for the club and its members. MITS got up and asked relevant and educated questions, and I was not immediately aware of who told MITS to sit down until Guru or Pricey said that was Denis. What Laurie was trying to explain was a viable option for the future, many that are being looked at, but all or any of the options being looked at would have to be signed off by the members, this is everyones club and MITS had every right to ask the questions he did, without interruption by anyone.

born an eel

Bench
The Football Club AGM was Chaired by Ron Hilditch, definitely not a weak man, but loyal to Denis, and I admire loyalty.

The Leagues Club AGM Chaired by Roy Spagnolo, definitely not a weak man and Chaired the meeting confidently and with dignity to all parties.

Denis only went to the microphone once, and that was to declare his legal action against the club concerning an amount of money, and that he would be taking defamation proceedings against the club and a publication. Denis had every right to put that to the AGM and did it without arrogance and to the point, apart from that he was attentive but fairly subdued.

Then we had John Fenwick, I believe the clubs accountant for many, many, many years. Mr Fenwick challenged the current board on what he described as very bad economic policy concerning the sale of assets to pay off debt, and nominated the two sales of property that has sold. Sid Kelly answered Mr Fenwick's gruff challenge, with the facts that both sales of the nominated properties were in fact brokered by Denis Fitzgerald and signed off on by the previous board. Obviously some fiscal research was needed before hand.

Laurie Macolino was introduced to discuss how first mortgage investment through members can be explored as a possible revenue return for the club and its members. MITS got up and asked relevant and educated questions, and I was not immediately aware of who told MITS to sit down until Guru or Pricey said that was Denis. What Laurie was trying to explain was a viable option for the future, many that are being looked at, but all or any of the options being looked at would have to be signed off by the members, this is everyones club and MITS had every right to ask the questions he did, without interruption by anyone.
Thanks for an unbiased review of proceedings from your prospective, if only others would not jump to conclusions without even being in attendance.

Gronk

Staff member
What loose end would you be inferring to Gronk? This board has left nothing to be misconstrued.

Just the chatter at the AGM that the Two Blues premises was sold to Saad Associates and the obvious links with the new Board member Joe Saad (aka Smith ;-)).

Conjecture would have been averted if they reported the actual purchaser - Australian Kfarsghab Association Limited.

Hey Sevens check my memory, but I can't remember seeing John Chidiac at the AGM, was he the apologies I missed that were read by Roy?

Sangreal 86

Juniors
Hey Sevens check my memory, but I can't remember seeing John Chidiac at the AGM, was he the apologies I missed that were read by Roy?

No Mark, John was helping with the family of his employee and family member, George Khattar's funeral, which was held yesterday at Our Lady of Lebanon Church at Harris Park, attended by thousands of people. George was a great man and financially supported our club for years, John was very close to him and really cut by his sudden death at 44 years old.

Latest posts