What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lebanon might have the most promise after this World Cup.

Tiger5150

Bench
That's the ideal.

I thought it's irrelevant to international rules (ie from a RLIF perspective) but being available for Australia was a rule for Origin selection (ie from ARL perspective)??

Unless that changed in recent years.

Mitchell Moses has zero chance of ever playing for Australia, I wouldnt worry about his availabilty for Lebanon in the future.

Tiger5150

Bench
I have a feeling this tournament has been the making of Mitchell Moses. He has been fantastic and I think that playing with these boys from RM and NSW Cup has grounded him a little more.
Parra should be very excited

Really? I see him turning in a hissy fit and screaming at his team mates (who all play reserve grade and earn 1/1000) of what Mitchell does when a try gets scored against them, only to turn around, drop the ball, then give away a penalty then let in a try. At the time my actual thought was....not much has changed.

<itchell Moses COULD be a good player but he has a serious personality defect that will prevent it.

Roy80

Juniors
There are some pretty big political issues happening in Lebanon right now and i believe there are serious tensions with Saudi Arabia?
Perhaps the rlwc isnt being watched as much as it otherwise could have been which is unfortunate.
Anyone know how the coverage has been locally in Lebanon?

Pommy

Coach
Origin is irrelevant to international RL.

It should be but have you got something to show origin eligibility has been changed to allow this?
For instance an English or Kiwi background player is ruled I eligable for origin if they run out for those sides.

There are some pretty big political issues happening in Lebanon right now and i believe there are serious tensions with Saudi Arabia?
Perhaps the rlwc isnt being watched as much as it otherwise could have been which is unfortunate.
Anyone know how the coverage has been locally in Lebanon?
To be honest with what's going on in Lebanon at the moment, Rugby League would be one of the least things that would be thinking about, but i still think in the long term there's a big future for the game there.

Evil Homer

Staff member
It should be but have you got something to show origin eligibility has been changed to allow this?
No but international eligibility has, by definition players are no longer committed to any one nation so the ARL's self-defeating 'rules' don't matter any more.

Evil Homer

Staff member
But if thy wish to play origin then it does?
No it doesn't? Unless the ARL try retrospectively telling people they can't play Origin because they played for Lebanon the previous year or something, which they are not going to do.

Pommy

Coach
No it doesn't? Unless the ARL try retrospectively telling people they can't play Origin because they played for Lebanon the previous year or something, which they are not going to do.

Ok I hope that’s the case, I guess I just don’t have much faith in them not being wankers over it.
Especially someone like Fifita who turned down the Kangaroos rather than playing for an alternate when not selected.

DC_fan

Coach
What’s going on ? Mind filling us in ?.

Lebanon’s prime minister resigned in Saudi Arabia. He is now in France. Some suggestion that Saudi Arabia held him against his will. The Lebanese government has refused to accept his resignation and want him to return. If I was him I wouldn’t. The militant group Hezbollah is gaining more strength in Lebanon, with backing from Iran. Iran who hates Israel and wants to destroy the Jewish state has clear corridor through Iraq and Syria into Lebanon to supply Hezbollah with weapons. If a war between Lebanon and Israel were to breakout. In the last week a missile was fired from Yemen into Saudi Arabia. The Saudis blame Iran. I could go on and on, but where would I stop.

I think we can forget about a domestic Lebanonese competition starting anytime soon if ever. The country and the region has too many other problems to deal with.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Lebanon’s prime minister resigned in Saudi Arabia. He is now in France. Some suggestion that Saudi Arabia held him against his will. The Lebanese government has refused to accept his resignation and want him to return. If I was him I wouldn’t. The militant group Hezbollah is gaining more strength in Lebanon, with backing from Iran. Iran who hates Israel and wants to destroy the Jewish state has clear corridor through Iraq and Syria into Lebanon to supply Hezbollah with weapons. If a war between Lebanon and Israel were to breakout. In the last week a missile was fired from Yemen into Saudi Arabia. The Saudis blame Iran. I could go on and on, but where would I stop.

I think we can forget about a domestic Lebanonese competition starting anytime soon if ever. The country and the region has too many other problems to deal with.
Thankyou kind sir. It’s a shame isn’t it, they love a war.

ouwet

Bench
The problem with Lebanon is super powers and regional powers use it as a proxy as seen the 70’s and 80’s and today!

The other problem is Islamic refugees like 2 million of them Illegally in Lebanon

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

They already have a local comp and have done for a decade or more, it's sponsored by the Bank of Beirut.

They have played games against Palestinian refugees in the camps, Egypt, the Saudi's iirc and a few other neighbours.