What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legacy of the 'big 3'

SBD82

Coach
I don't think a whole lot of smith and slater as human beings (they certainly don't deserve the constant adoration that is heaped on them by the media). I don't mind Cronk.

This year, probably because it's the end of the era, I've been able to step back from the pantomime and soap opera, and stop hating on them long enough to enjoy watching them play footy. They truly are a great unit, and each of them brings important factors to the trio that makes them successful. As a league purist, they are a joy to watch.

I'm not hoping they win on Sunday. But I hope we get to see them play some great footy.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Smith could potentially be the winning captain of the Nrl premiers, captain qld origin team, winning captain of kangaroos and the winner of the dally m, golden boot and Clive churchhill. Not a bad year. But what happened 10 yrs ago is all that matters.

POPEYE

Coach
Would be a lot worse if Wankerland pitied Melbourne instead of being jealous. Imagine if the worst NRL team and not the best was camped in Victoria . . . make Lol@Souths look like a picnic

blaza88z

Coach
I like how Storm fans try to use the "every other club gets fined" line, no other club has cheated as hard as Melbourne did.

Melbourne fans, I pose 1 question, if you didn't cheat would you have been able to retain the likes of Cronk, Smith, Slater? I won't answer it, I know the answer, so does every other supporter, however Melbourne fans can't grasp the concept

blaza88z

Coach
Smith could potentially be the winning captain of the Nrl premiers, captain qld origin team, winning captain of kangaroos and the winner of the dally m, golden boot and Clive churchhill. Not a bad year. But what happened 10 yrs ago is all that matters.

It matters because if it didn't happen he wouldn't even be playing in Melbourne and you wouldn't give a shit about any of what you're talking about

blaza88z

Coach
I don't think a whole lot of smith and slater as human beings (they certainly don't deserve the constant adoration that is heaped on them by the media). I don't mind Cronk.

This year, probably because it's the end of the era, I've been able to step back from the pantomime and soap opera, and stop hating on them long enough to enjoy watching them play footy. They truly are a great unit, and each of them brings important factors to the trio that makes them successful. As a league purist, they are a joy to watch.

I'm not hoping they win on Sunday. But I hope we get to see them play some great footy.

Cameron Smith is pure scum, he puts on the good guy persona for the sake of a media career but he's the dirt that I wipe off the bottom of my foot

mave

Coach

FFS...the guy was his own manager and signed duplicate contracts.....yeah it matters.

*allegedly *....

And he would be a Bronco by now if it never happened.

SBD82

Coach
Cameron Smith is pure scum, he puts on the good guy persona for the sake of a media career but he's the dirt that I wipe off the bottom of my foot
I completely agree.

All I'm saying is that I'm enjoying watching the quality of their football.

AJB1102

First Grade
And he would be a Bronco by now if it never happened.

Didn't the Donkeys turn their nose up at all 3 at one time?

I'm a little more lenient on Storm cheating to keep 3 legends they made as opposed to say Warriors cheating to strip Raiders and Bulldogs of Wiki and Price. Or Parra to get Foran, Watmough (regardless of how bad that went) or any other Club that skirts the rules to buy proven talent. No one wanted Smith, Cronk or Slater till Storm made 'em great. They all had a chance to do that and passed it up.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Fantastic players in their own right, but f**k me if their club history doesn't sully their image. Especially Smith with his footy politics rubbish and Slater with his grubbiness

POPEYE

Coach
I like how Storm fans try to use the "every other club gets fined" line, no other club has cheated as hard as Melbourne did.

Melbourne fans, I pose 1 question, if you didn't cheat would you have been able to retain the likes of Cronk, Smith, Slater? I won't answer it, I know the answer, so does every other supporter, however Melbourne fans can't grasp the concept
Try grasping the fact none of the 3 would have left Bellamy even if their wages weren't topped up . . . what player that relied on two others and the best coach in the game on a road to glory would risk a sidetrack

blaza88z

Coach
Try grasping the fact none of the 3 would have left Bellamy even if their wages weren't topped up . . . what player that relied on two others and the best coach in the game on a road to glory would risk a sidetrack

You still think players give a shit about success, it's a business, money would've superseded anything else