What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leroy Houston switches codes

aqua_duck said:
I dont think he was poached, he was playing for aust u/19's at age 16, his dad was a rugby coach in New Zealand

he did play rugby league at st leos though. He must have been playing both at school , leos have league and union teams. But league is much bigger there.

girvie

Staff member
Yeah he definitely played League in the North Sydney comp because 1 of my mates played with him. I think he played for Hornsby or Asquith or both.

Pazza

First Grade
i had a mate that played with him for asquith, he was a grade below me in high school. He is by far the best player in juniour leagueplayer i've ever seen. I've never seen a player dominate like he did when he played at asquith. One game he took 8 runs scored 7 tries and the one run he didnt score he dragged 3-4 kids along for the ride and offloaded for a try. His decoy runs would suck in 4 defenders leaving massive overlaps. His big strong fast with a good offload. I dont know the guy but maybe a couple of years building towards an NRL Debut would be alot less intense than being trouted as the next being star for the ARU.

A great pick up for league and hopefully for Parramatta :-D

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I think you lot are really missing the big picture.

Leroy has been told the wallabies are in trouble and he's the future of the game.

He's spending a couple of years in the JBC to up-skill.. by RU standards of course.

aqua_duck said:
It could be that but I doubt it.

You doubt it?

Who are you again?

aqua_duck said:
The bloke has been playing rugby for a few years and it wouldn't have taken him that long to realise he didn't like it.

No, he's about to play Rugby for Asquith, isn't that the story?

He's been playing Union and it stands to reason if he's going from being paid well to play Union to playing Rugby League for virtually nothing, he simply may not like playing Union.

aqua_duck said:
I think he's just failed to handle the pressure of being picked for a wallaby tour at age 18 and having all this weight on your shoulders because all the ARU stuff ups mean that you're this big white hope that you're not ready to be yet.

There you go, thinking again. You really should avoid it.

You don't know why he turned his back on Union.

And Union's big white hope is Kurtley Beale, everyone knows that.

Simo

First Grade
never heard of him.....and by the sounds of his mindset never will again!

aqua_duck

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
You doubt it?

Who are you again?

No, he's about to play Rugby for Asquith, isn't that the story?

He's been playing Union and it stands to reason if he's going from being paid well to play Union to playing Rugby League for virtually nothing, he simply may not like playing Union.

There you go, thinking again. You really should avoid it.

You don't know why he turned his back on Union.

And Union's big white hope is Kurtley Beale, everyone knows that.
do you have to defend league and bag union in every single post? Makes me thing you might be abit insecure.

Kurtley Beale is ARU great hope but before that it was Leroy Houston, he was picked for a wallaby tour at age 18, I mean obvious they must of thought pretty highly of him, plus he's a forward, something the wallabies don't realkly have right now.

If he hated rugby and felt league was his career choice etc he wouldn't be playing JBC, I mean a few ex waratahs have made 1st grade since switching, sam harris made 1st grade, and so did Milton Thaiday, via alcholics anonymous so you'd like to think this bloke would be able to get atleast a premier league contract with south sydney or something.

I just reckon he's struggled with the limelight and wants to keep a low profile for abit. I mean the bloke is a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket at the moment and there's been several reports saying how he's struggled with a number of things in his life like the fame, his maori heritage, and other aspects.

I mean why does everyone have to make this a big league vs union debate when it clearly isn't.

aqua_duck said:
do you have to defend league and bag union in every single post? Makes me thing you might be abit insecure.

Insecurity.... LOL

Just between you and I, and I understand that you may not have noticed it, but this is a Rugby League website. If you come here spouting the absolute crap you spout, do you honestly expect not to get bailed up about it?

aqua_duck said:
Kurtley Beale is ARU great hope but before that it was Leroy Houston

Rubbish.

I don't profess to follow Union but I see enough rubbish posted in TFC to know that Houston wasn't the great white hope at any time.

aqua_duck said:
he was picked for a wallaby tour at age 18, I mean obvious they must of thought pretty highly of him, plus he's a forward, something the wallabies don't realkly have right now.

Who gives a stuff?

aqua_duck said:
If he hated rugby and felt league was his career choice etc he wouldn't be playing JBC,

He obviousy doesn't hate Rugby, he's going to play it for Asquith.

And again, you simply don't know the reasons behind his decision.

aqua_duck said:
I mean a few ex waratahs have made 1st grade since switching, sam harris made 1st grade, and so did Milton Thaiday, via alcholics anonymous so you'd like to think this bloke would be able to get atleast a premier league contract with south sydney or something.

Sam Harris was lucky to play First Grade, if it weren't for injuries he'd never have been out of PL.

Thaiday goes ok, that's one.

aqua_duck said:
I just reckon he's struggled with the limelight and wants to keep a low profile for abit.

His profile has skyrocketed by going to play for Asquith. So, did that work?

You're not exactly giving an indication that you actually understand this.

aqua_duck said:
I mean the bloke is a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket at the moment and there's been several reports saying how he's struggled with a number of things in his life like the fame, his maori heritage, and other aspects.

FMD, you're geniused.

aqua_duck said:
I mean why does everyone have to make this a big league vs union debate when it clearly isn't.

Then piss off you goose.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm not even going to bother anymore. You bag me out saying i don't know why he switched etc, etc but you seem to know. I mean you profess to not follwing junior but rubbishing my claims that he was touted for stardom by the ARU based on what a few geniuss (namely elideceles) have posted on TFC. No one gets picked for a national team at age 18 with limited experience if they're not earmarked to be something

Yeah, and who for?

Sam Harris was a nuffy who was picked because of one game, the only decent game of League he ever played.

Ask any Manly or Tigers supporter what they think of Harris...

aqua_duck said:
I'm not even going to bother anymore. You bag me out saying i don't know why he switched etc, etc but you seem to know. I mean you profess to not follwing junior but rubbishing my claims that he was touted for stardom by the ARU based on what a few geniuss (namely elideceles) have posted on TFC. No one gets picked for a national team at age 18 with limited experience if they're not earmarked to be something

You keep saying Junior when you mean Union.

Touted for stardom by the ARU and touted as the next great white hope are two different things. Playing for the Wallabies isn't exactly tough any more. Well, it's not tough if you play in the NRL, it's tough if you play S14...

And it's not just eldecelis, maybe you should read PR occasionally. I spent a few months there and I never saw a mention of the bloke in this thread. I saw plenty about Beale though...

t-ba

Post Whore
raiders fan forever said:
just randomly go the asquith magpies

F*ck 'em. F*ck 'em and all of that Hornsby Shire Scum.

Go Brothers and go the Bloody WilloRoos...

Woods99

Juniors
douglasallen91 said:
haha what a player supports the all blacks and played for the wallabies.

Not as unusual as a player supporting the All Blacks, and playing for the Kangaroos.

Or a media celebrity who supports the All Blacks, and part owns an NRL franchise.

Woods99

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
I think you lot are really missing the big picture.

Leroy has been told the wallabies are in trouble and he's the future of the game.

He's spending a couple of years in the JBC to up-skill.. by RU standards of course.

If you ever read the papers, Kurt, you would know that Houston has had problems for the whole of the year, some to do with injury, some to do with what he described as his "place in Maori culture".

He went AWOL again a couple of weeks ago, and the Waratahs basically tore up his contract.

All genuine sportslovers will hope that he gets himself together again. My own guess is that he will back in rugby for the APC next year, for Sydney West.

t-ba

Post Whore
Woods99 said:
Not as unusual as a player supporting the All Blacks, and playing for the Kangaroos.

Or a media celebrity who supports the All Blacks, and part owns an NRL franchise.

:lol:.

Some of your best Woods. Here I am thinking supporting a team you might play against, on the apparently 'huge' arena of 'international' (ie: Commonwealth and Anglicized) arena is far worse than supporting a team in another code or part owning a Sports Franchise in another sport. I suppose you reckon Glazer is a bit fruity because he's an American who owns ManU? :lol:

Woods99 said:

rubbish , they are two different sports.

a wallabies player has to play against the all blacks, if he supports them thats got to be a bit akward. Especially as you are talking national teams here not just clubs.

t-ba

Post Whore
aqua_duck said:
btw sam harris not only played 1st grade he did play rep footy as well

One Game.

Luke Williamson took his spot in First Grade...Luke Williamson!

Latest posts