What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leroy Houston switches codes

taipan

Referee
Woods99 said:
If you ever read the papers, Kurt, you would know that Houston has had problems for the whole of the year, some to do with injury, some to do with what he described as his "place in Maori culture".

He went AWOL again a couple of weeks ago, and the Waratahs basically tore up his contract.

All genuine sportslovers will hope that he gets himself together again. My own guess is that he will back in rugby for the APC next year, for Sydney West.

As a genuine sportslover I know that Leroy will be happy playing rugby with the Asquith Magpies with his mates.
Methinks he will have more fun with his mates and be in a genuine rugby team ,rather than a mishmash of clubs to make up a sydney west whatever.
There is also the strong possibility union(and the Waratah environment, which I have heard is dullsville) was not his real cup of tea,more so mates and rugby league.The fact is he went back to rugby league .

taipan

Referee
Woods99 said:
Not as unusual as a player supporting the All Blacks, and playing for the Kangaroos.

Or a media celebrity who supports the All Blacks, and part owns an NRL franchise.

Or an All Black who supports the kiwi rugby league team.Or a famous All Black whose idol was mal meninga and not a union player.

Or a Melbourne union man,who is on the board of your most despised NRL club the Storm.:roll:

hutch

First Grade
good luck to the kid but he may struggle stepping up to jim beam cup from super 14. there is quite a difference in class!

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Woods99 said:
If you ever read the papers, Kurt, you would know that Houston has had problems for the whole of the year, some to do with injury, some to do with what he described as his "place in Maori culture".

A key word for "I've spent too much time around this insidious RU culture and I can't be a part of it anymore."

If any decent human being had to spend time around RU supporters such as the likes of you, of course it would affect your persona.

Your kind should endeavour to improve your character and become decent human beings.

He went AWOL again a couple of weeks ago, and the Waratahs basically tore up his contract.

And now he has taken the step up from Wallaby to Jim Beam Cup player.. Houston has improved good to see.

Wallabies get smashed by Ireland... also good to see.

All genuine sportslovers will hope that he gets himself together again. My own guess is that he will back in rugby for the APC next year, for Sydney West.

He wants to retire from pro sport at 19?

JBC cup player doesn't guarantee him a Wallaby jersey.... a Premier league jersey does.... he might spend a year with us.

Improve his skills, improve his charatcer before he rejoins the vile merkins in RU again.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Their are alot of good young players from League who are forced to sign Union contracts before representing on Schoolboy tours etc, it's not that surprising to see them return to League after making a few $$$.

aqua_duck

Coach
hutch said:
good luck to the kid but he may struggle stepping up to jim beam cup from super 14. there is quite a difference in class!
he's yet to play super 14.............

robbie123

Juniors
Pazza said:
i had a mate that played with him for asquith, he was a grade below me in high school. He is by far the best player in juniour leagueplayer i've ever seen. I've never seen a player dominate like he did when he played at asquith. One game he took 8 runs scored 7 tries and the one run he didnt score he dragged 3-4 kids along for the ride and offloaded for a try. His decoy runs would suck in 4 defenders leaving massive overlaps. His big strong fast with a good offload. I dont know the guy but maybe a couple of years building towards an NRL Debut would be alot less intense than being trouted as the next being star for the ARU.

A great pick up for league and hopefully for Parramatta :-D

That player getting dragged was probably me....:D
He played in Hornsby up an age until U15. he then went back to his own age and played 15s again at asquith against me...they flogged us like 60 nil...haha

he then switched to union and has played since

sharkadelic

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
A key word for "I've spent too much time around this insidious RU culture and I can't be a part of it anymore."

If any decent human being had to spend time around RU supporters such as the likes of you, of course it would affect your persona.

Your kind should endeavour to improve your character and become decent human beings.

And now he has taken the step up from Wallaby to Jim Beam Cup player.. Houston has improved good to see.

Wallabies get smashed by Ireland... also good to see.

He wants to retire from pro sport at 19?

JBC cup player doesn't guarantee him a Wallaby jersey.... a Premier league jersey does.... he might spend a year with us.

Improve his skills, improve his charatcer before he rejoins the vile merkins in RU again.

All valid points. Rugby Union = Soggy sao = Prententious wanker.

I actually feel sorry for the poor tools that cant see their smug condescending manners bring them nothing but derision from the majority of people.

I remember Nathan BLacklock saying how they made a poor country boy that never went to a private school or belong to a yacht club feel...

mightybears

Bench
Houston, we have a problem [no more?]

a north sydney junior returning to the faith, god knows what his issue is, but i'm sure he'll come good now.