What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leroy Houston switches codes

Did you gusy see the Sydney Channel Ten news just now?
They had this bit about Leroy Houston (?) signing to play for the Asquith Magpies. Apparently he quit the Waratahs and a possible Wallabies contract recently and now he's going to play with his "mates" in the Jim Beam Cup.
He's chosen the JBC over the Wallabies.
That's Gold.

girvie

Staff member
East Coast Tiger said:
Did you gusy see the Sydney Channel Ten news just now?
They had this bit about Leroy Houston (?) signing to play for the Asquith Magpies. Apparently he quit the Waratahs and a possible Wallabies contract recently and now he's going to play with his "mates" in the Jim Beam Cup.
He's chosen the JBC over the Wallabies.
That's Gold.
That is his junior club.

He played League in the North Sydney competition as a junior.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think the bloke really needs to sort himself out because at the moment he's a few beers short of a six pack. He went AWOL during the season and his head is really mixed up, I think a year out of the spotlight will be good for him, and he said he wanted to play with his mates. I mean he's still only 18 or 19 so hecould still be a success in either code.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
He got his contract torn up by the Waratahs for going AWOL, i dont know what is so 'gold' about it

innsaneink

Referee
The guy hardly seems worthy of an entire thread devoted to himself, I mean.....JBC ffs....but that right, its one up on rah rah innit?

jc155776

Coach
Some people here must think League suffers from small penis syndrome and any chance to prove the greatness of the game has to be boasted.

This is a league website, your preaching to the converted.

innsaneink

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
Don't read it then.

Where else would you put it?

I had to read it to find out who the f**k the dude is..

You really want me to suggest where you should put it?

Balmain_Boy

I had no idea this had occurred. I'm glad it did, the bloke has a bit of talent, good to see him playing the greatest game. If it hadn't been posted, I wouldn't gave read it. Because you are disinterested doesn't mean we all are.

Misty Bee

First Grade
yeah, the irony of ditching the Wobblies for Jim Beam cup.

Watch for Union trolls promising to lure Thurston to Sceggs XV :roll:

aqua_duck said:
I think the bloke really needs to sort himself out because at the moment he's a few beers short of a six pack. He went AWOL during the season and his head is really mixed up, I think a year out of the spotlight will be good for him, and he said he wanted to play with his mates. I mean he's still only 18 or 19 so hecould still be a success in either code.

Either that or he just dislikes playing Union.

Don't worry ,yawnion will pick him up again... when he is a 35yr old league has been .......& will probably pay big $$$ for him...

aqua_duck

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Either that or he just dislikes playing Union.
It could be that but I doubt it. The bloke has been playing rugby for a few years and it wouldn't have taken him that long to realise he didn't like it. I think he's just failed to handle the pressure of being picked for a wallaby tour at age 18 and having all this weight on your shoulders because all the ARU stuff ups mean that you're this big white hope that you're not ready to be yet.

I remember reading about this guy in the North Shore Times - he was a Kiwi league player who came to live over here and then got poached by rugby. It will be interesting to see if any NRL clubs start circling.

Palms

Juniors
He has so much potential and will do alot in rugby league. He can hit hard, is very agile for a big man and makes alot of meters. Would be an awesome lock IMO

aqua_duck

Coach
The Money Box Man said:
I remember reading about this guy in the North Shore Times - he was a Kiwi league player who came to live over here and then got poached by rugby. It will be interesting to see if any NRL clubs start circling.
I dont think he was poached, he was playing for aust u/19's at age 16, his dad was a rugby coach in New Zealand