What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Les Catalans vs Hull KR (Good Friday)

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
ParraEelsNRL said:
Yep, they have quins coming up, I think they can win that, they have played all the big sides bar Saints, if injuries don't hurt them too much, they could be going for a top 4 :D

I hope they do well in the CC, imagine the BBC having to do the final with a french side in it?

That would piss them off, it's only played in the north :lol:

Actually the BBC would love to have a French team in the Final. They were all excited when Toulouse (coached by Justin Morgan) made it to the CC semis in 2005. They gave man of the match to Sebastian Raguin, even though his team collapsed to Leeds in the second half. They replayed his excellent try over and over. There is a woman at the BBC, Clare Balding, who is an on air presenter and commentator at half time, who loves rugby league. (see her BBC official bio below)

I am sure the BBC prefer the international dimension, rather than the same old boring old M62 clubs. If we get Toulouse and Celtic Crusaders into Super League in 2009 I am sure the BBC will be more interested in offering an attractive contract.

The really deep bias against rugby league in Britain is at the newspapers.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/
70clare_balding2.jpg
Biographies

Clare Balding

Presenter

Last updated January 2007
Category: Sport; Radio 4; Five Live

One of the BBC’s main presenters, Clare fronts all its live racing coverage, including the Grand National, Royal Ascot, the Derby and l’Arc de Triomphe.

A presenter of both the Olympic and Paralympic Games from Sydney in 2000 and Athens in 2004, Clare also anchors Badminton, Gatcombe and Burghley Horse Trials and rugby league coverage. In 2002 and 2004 she was one of the presenters of Sport Relief.

A regular contributor to BBC Radio Five Live, Clare presents the National Hunt Festival from Cheltenham and co-presents its Wimbledon coverage. She has made guest appearances on numerous shows including A Question Of Sport, They Think It’s All Over, Countdown, Have I Got News For You, Call My Bluff, Test The Nation, Celebrity University Challenge and Celebrity Weakest Link.

In 2003 Clare branched out of sport, presenting a new series, Housecall In The Country, a live weekday magazine programme covering a variety of lifestyle topics. She has also worked on The Lord Mayor’s Show and co-presented Trooping The Colour, both for BBC One. In 2005 Clare hosted BBC Two’s coverage of Crufts and presented a 10-part series, also on BBC Two, called Race Country, exploring the lives of horses and people in Lambourn.

Clare, a Cambridge graduate, was elected President of the Union in 1992. She was a good all-rounder in sport, and was champion lady rider in 1990 and leading amateur flat jockey in 1989 and 1990. Clare was honoured with the Horse Writers and Photographers Association (HWPA) Racing Journalist of the Year Award in 2003 and in 2004 she won the HWPA Sir Peter O’Sullevan Broadcaster of the Year award and the prestigious Royal Television Society Sports Presenter of the Year award.

crimpo

Juniors
Ms Balding is the daughter of the former Racehorse Trainer to the Queen and so its not too surprising her knowledge of Rugby was all RU. She was a VERY surprising choice to front the RL on the BBC but to her immense credit she does seem genuinely enthusiastic. I suspect its good fun - and folks like Millward (in the past), Noble, Paul and Davies are all good value and can ease her through the nuances of the game. Turned out to be a good choice. Compared to the funereal solemn nature of the Beeb's RU presentation and coverage the RL effort is streets ahead!

Latest posts