What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Les Catalans vs Hull KR (Good Friday)

roopy

Referee
chan knocked out while making a tackle down for the count - taken off on stretcher with neck brace on.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
Hull FC have scored three tries in 5 minutes. Harlequins have gone to sleep.

Craig Hill converts two but misses conversion on third try.

Harlequins 30 Hull FC 28 5 minutes to go.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
Full time, Quins win 30 - 28 despite stupidity at end giving penalties and possession away. Hull FC score 6 tries to Quins' 5 .

roopy

Referee
Catalans might need to work on their fitness. They totally dominated the game except for the last 10 minutes of both halves.
Jones and Greenshields seemed the best for cats and Gene for Rovers.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
Catalans are now on 9 points. This means that at the end of the day, depending on the result of the St Helens vs Wigan match, either Les Catalans will be a clear 6th, or, in the unlikely event of a draw between St Helens and Wigan, they will be equal fifth on points but seventh on for and against.:D

roopy

Referee
I suspect that putting an 80 minute tackling machine like Quigley into the Catalans will fix the problem they seem to have with dropping off in the last 10 of each half - and a fit Stacey Jones will be the best playmaker in the ESL and probably the world.
They already seem to have a dominent forward pack and some quality backs - so no reason they can't beat anyone if they get maybe a bit fitter IMO.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
Of the French players Thomas Bosc has come on in leaps and bounds with Les Catalans this year. His chip kick and chase try against Bradford, where he ran outside touch and back inside in order to beat Vainikolo was superb. He can play in any backlinme position. David Ferriol, who was a dominant forward figure in the semi-professional French Elite competition, but needed a few rounds this year to reach a good professional fitness, has become a major forward in Super League. Pelo (age 22) and Duport (age 20) are great new backline discoveries for the club and France.

David Ferriol and Jason Croker made it into Rugby League World's Team of the Month for March.

The club continues to impress even without injured star second rowers Fakir and Raguin.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Thanks for the updates guys.

Catalans in the top 6 now.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyle...E=rleague/07/04/06/RUGBYL_Hull_KR_Quotes.html

DRAGONS GET HOTTER FOR POTTER

Catalans Dragons coach Mick Potter was delighted after his side moved into the top six of the Super League for the first time in their history.
Stacey Jones inspired the Dragons to their fourth straight win with a 34-20 victory over a lacklustre Hull KR side at Craven Park.
Jones was one of six tryscorers as the Dragons dominated for the majority of the game and it was only in the final 10 minutes of both halves that Rovers came to life.
However, Potter's happiness was soured by news that his prop Alex Chan was taken to hospital with a neck injury.
It was the only disappointment on a good day for Potter.
"I'm very pleased to be in the top six after this," said the Australian.
"But there's a long way to go.
"I was happy with the way the whole squad contributed and I think the result shows that we are stronger and have more depth in our squad than we did last season.
"Maybe Hull KR had their minds on Monday's derby, but I didn't speak too much about that with the players.
"It was something I spoke about with the coaches though."
Rovers coach Justin Morgan denied his side were distracted by the forthcoming derby and insisted the reason they lost was down to poor execution and mindset.
"There is no way my players were thinking about the Hull game," said Morgan.
"We never even spoke about it and if any of them were thinking about it then I'm very disappointed.
"We waited until we were 10-0 down before we started playing and even then it took the oldest bloke in the world (Stanley Gene) to get us back into the game.
"If only all the players had that vigour.
"We sat back on our heels and we looked to go for the big plays all the time.
"We were still in the game at half-time, and I wanted them to take the game forward. But we couldn't until the final 10 minutes or so."

thommo4pm

Coach
Good result for Les Cats.

And great to see they have moved to 6th place on the ladder.
Lets hope they move into the top 5 in coming weeks.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
classement_174.jpg

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
thommo4pm said:
Thanks for that ParraEels.
They are in a good position on the table.

Yep, they have quins coming up, I think they can win that, they have played all the big sides bar Saints, if injuries don't hurt them too much, they could be going for a top 4 :D

I hope they do well in the CC, imagine the BBC having to do the final with a french side in it?

That would piss them off, it's only played in the north :lol:

Latest posts