What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's forget about this season for an hour or so... 98 semi on FoxSports3 Wed night

PARRA_FAN

Coach
fanool said:
Yes - One of my favourites. I was in the Ken Thornett Stand and witnessed the best defensive set of 6 in my life.

As for Moran being the Semi Final Man...................

I do recall a knock on in front of the posts int he 2000 Prelim vs the Broncos late in the 2nd chance giving them good field position for a try in a game we lost by 6............

But I blame that loss to a weak tackle by cayless on Brad Thorn who scored the winner. It may have been Tallis. Shame though. I think we had Robbo in that team too.

I think this year has been very similar to 2000. We were up and down all season before the semis.

It would be great to emulate the run in the semis we had. Finished 7th then belted the Roosters and the Panthers and I reckon if there was another 10 min in the Broncos game we would have reeled em in.

Yeah I think so, but Parramatta did have a good run towards the end of the season, it was just a bad start that cost them the top 4. I hope the semi's run will be the same.

They barely beat sides over 10 points, except Canberra (48-10) great win, then come finals time we smash the team who ends up in the Grand Final, then back it up with a good win over Penrith, then almost knock off the minor premiers.

The Brisbane game in 2000 was more like a loss I was proud of Parramatta. When Moodie scored to make it 12-10 behind with 10 to go, I thought we were a hugh chance. Then Thorn scored that last try, not Tallis, it was poor defence around the ruck, but I think they were just tired from the defensive efforts against the Broncos forwards.

Robinson didnt play, we did have a young and inexperienced side, but they got plenty of confidence going into 2001.

PARRA_FAN said:
. . . we got a dud call from the video ref (nothing's changed :roll: ), then about 2 minutes later we bounced back with a try to Kelly.
1st half just finished, and I absolutely agree re: the dud call - make that two, as the Nth Sydney try was a knock-on, and our pass being forward was ridiculuous.

Wife has to bloody well watch Eastenders now, so I have to finish the 2nd half later.

God bless Foxtel IQ.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ok guys for those who watched here's a trivia question for you, there were 6 Norths players who played that game who have since been involved with our club as Players and coach's, can anyone name them???

Eelectrica

Referee
It's been a while since we've dominated a half like that - 50th minute defence in particular was brutal.
Refs Aren't much different now to what they were then.

What was the point of the game though? :? They said it was a non-elimination final.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What a game!! one of my fav Parra victorie's. We we're just brutal in defence, we just bashed them out of that match. I hope hages has taped that game and show's to the boys in the lead up to sundays game.

And who could forget some of the great names from that game, Carige,Moran, Weston and the great Carl Lovell :D If the 2007 Eels had some of the guts,toughness and determinaton of that side we would give the comp a real shake.

Eelectrica

Referee
eelavation said:
ok guys for those whop watched here's a trivia question for you, there were 6 Norths players who played that game who have since been involved with our club as Players and coach's, can anyone name them???
I'll have crack

Taylor
Buettner
Morro
Farleigh
Larson
Can't think of 6th at this time.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
eelavation said:
ok guys for those who watched here's a trivia question for you, there were 6 Norths players who played that game who have since been involved with our club as Players and coach's, can anyone name them???
JT, Buetner, Morro and Farliegh from the yop of my head.

Parra Guru

Coach
eelavation said:

JT
Daisy
Beutts
Gary Larson
Willie Leyshon
Glenn Morrison

Mr_E

Juniors
Smith and Finch should check out how they set for that field goal. Pefect execution which then made the attempt easy for John Simon. In the past we've had trouble doing that. Also did anyone see the try scored by number 19, future captain.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parra Guru said:
JT
Daisy
Beutts
Gary Larson
Willie Leyshon
Glenn Morrison

and PG wins a prize!! :clap: :clap:

a kiss from eela next time he sees her..:kiss: :ls:

Have a good time on sunday ;-)