What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's forget about this season for an hour or so... 98 semi on FoxSports3 Wed night

Phillips

Referee
Dennis Moran great player.. now with the Widnes Vikings..

they wouldnt be replaying this game at a later time or day would they?..

strider

Post Whore
OMG - I CANNOT BELIEVE I MISSED IT!!!!

THIS IS POSSIBLY MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE GAME!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Utey

Coach
Serious offer, if anyone has this on copy I'll do whatever I have to do (including prostitution) to get my hands on a copy.

If you do, please let me know.

strider

Post Whore
no dood - i'm not gonna be there - its just u ... i'm using your animal magnatism to get me a copy too

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
SOMEONE MUSTVE TAPED THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I was at this game, and it one of my all time favourite games. Our defence was brutal. Similar to another game that year, when we pounded the sharks so bad, we made ground in defence.

If anyone has this game, please let me know.

Damm, what a game it was.

goboggo

Juniors
Eelectrica said:
What was the point of the game though? :? They said it was a non-elimination final.
I was wondering that, so i had a look on wiki, and my sneaking suspicion was correct - it was the year after Superleague and they had 20 teams and - get this - they had a top 10!!

1 and 2 got a week off, and the winners of 4v5 (us and Norths) and 3v6 qualified to play 1 and 2, while the losers played the winners of 7v10 and 8v9.

Make sense?

It's all here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rugby_League_season_1998#Finals_series

Funny thing about that year - the top 2 teams were Newcastle and Brisbane. They had a week off and were beaten, by us and Roosters. Then both us and Roosters had a week off and lost the Prelims.

Canterbury bloody made the GF from 9th. f**king ridiculous. Another year where we would have been a better Grand Finalist than the wallies who made it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So many finals games, whilst it was a good finals series, I felt 10 teams was too many.

If they had the top 8 McIntyre system we still wouldve played Norths and Melbourne wouldve played Roosters.

But Newcastle wouldve played Canberra, and Brisbane wouldve played St George

Both Newcastle and Brisbane wouldve got a week off.

Parramatta wouldve played Melbourne and Norths wouldve played Roosters.

If Parramatta wouldve made the GF, I dont know if we wouldve won, but certainly wouldve been a lot closer than a 38-12 smashing, we were probably the only team that beat the Broncos twice that year.

hybrideel

Bench
Ok guys, don't get too excited yet but i asked my old man to record the game for me. I will have to wait till the weekend when i see him to see if he did. If he did i will then burn a few copies. let you know next week

Suitman

Post Whore
hybrid, if it's not too much to ask, can I put my name on that list as well.
You will be compensated for all expenses.

Cheers, Suity

johnkolc

Juniors
Yeah I have the game on VHS still that I taped from the tv, quality may not quite be the same as the edited up Fox version (am I right in thinking they only showed a 60 minute version?). In any case just as soon as I get a dvd player recorder I'll be transferring all my old Parramatta games (which includes Parramatta v Great Britain in 92 and Parramatta v Brisbane in 93 at the opening of ANZ Stadium).

Just have to convince the better half that it's something that needs to be bought sooner rather than later. I'm thinking it's an off-season job, so watch this space.

goboggo

Juniors
Oooh oooh I'd love a copy of the Great Britain game.

What a night! Lee O beat Offiah in the sprint, and our woeful team beat a full strength GB team. Awesome night.

Once you do it you should do a list and charge like a fiver for each one. I know I'd buy some.

Suitman

Post Whore
goboggo said:
Oooh oooh I'd love a copy of the Great Britain game.

What a night! Lee O beat Offiah in the sprint, and our woeful team beat a full strength GB team. Awesome night.

Once you do it you should do a list and charge like a fiver for each one. I know I'd buy some.

Ooh Ooh, Me too!!

Suity

Smartman

Juniors
goboggo said:
Canterbury bloody made the GF from 9th. f**king ridiculous. Another year where we would have been a better Grand Finalist than the wallies who made it.

Too bad you guys were unfit and couldnt go the full 80.

Wheres that wonderful Canterbury player in Cariage.

I miss that bloke :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Smartman said:
Too bad you guys were unfit and couldnt go the full 80.

speaking of going for the full 80, what was the H/T time score in the grand final? than can you remind us what the F/T score was? ;-) ...while you're at it can you tell us who won it????

hineyrulz

Post Whore
eelavation said:
speaking of going for the full 80, what was the H/T time score in the grand final? than can you remind us what the F/T score was? ;-) ...while you're at it can you tell us who won it????
:lol: Owned.