What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's get 50k plus to Saints and Dogs in Rnd 10

Raiderdave

First Grade
So $15 is free now and who cares if they are cheap, they are at the ends of the ground where tickets should be that especially in a stadium that can hold a lot of people, there's no problem with that.

hmmmm
not real bright are you

the incentive with cheaper tickets then normal , regardless of where they are ... to an attractive clash
on a fine night ... didn't work

what the hell else can anyone do to get apathetic Sydneysiders of their lazy @sses to a game like this one
a very poor effort .. & anyone you thinks it isn't ... is a knob !

hutch

First Grade
35k is a good crowd for a club game, regardless of promotion, freebies etc! Add in the fact that there was another game in Sydney that night, a lot of the whinging in this thread is completely unjustified!

ByRd

First Grade
hmmmm
not real bright are you

the incentive with cheaper tickets then normal , regardless of where they are ... to an attractive clash
on a fine night ... didn't work

what the hell else can anyone do to get apathetic Sydneysiders of their lazy @sses to a game like this one
a very poor effort .. & anyone you thinks it isn't ... is a knob !

35k was a good crowd, people can't set unrealisitic expectations like 50k and expect it to happen overnight, yeh it was disappointing we were a couple k down on last year but it's still a very good crowd for a regular game no matter what people try to say.

Raiderdave

First Grade
35k is a good crowd for a club game, regardless of promotion, freebies etc! Add in the fact that there was another game in Sydney that night, a lot of the whinging in this thread is completely unjustified!

Rubbish
35,000 out of the blue ... unpromoted is good ..aka these 2 last year (38K) at ANZ.. no cheaper tickets .. no freebies
or the Dogs V Parra games last year .. the fans just turned up with neither side going that well .. thats a good turnout

this game got a whole lot of attention & was a far far more attractive encounter then any of the above games
pouring rain at the SCG & we got 31K .... thats a good crowd

this had to get a lot more then that
it didn't
an epic fail it twas

Raiderdave

First Grade
35k was a good crowd, people can't set unrealisitic expectations like 50k and expect it to happen overnight, yeh it was disappointing we were a couple k down on last year but it's still a very good crowd for a regular game no matter what people try to say.

who said 50K.. that was never the figure I thought was possible
but 40 plus .. & on its ear too
I explained 35K is a good NRL crowd for Sydney in a lot of circumstances .. but not all
so Its not a very good crowd considering all the factors
lets stop accepting mediocrity & call it what it is ... poor given all factors

ByRd

First Grade
Well if 35k is an epic fail I'd take that everytime and the game last year was in heritage round which was heavily promoted.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Well if 35k is an epic fail I'd take that everytime and the game last year was in heritage round which was heavily promoted.

of course you would ... you've been explaining away & trying to rationalise Mediocrity for the last hour now :?

Like I said .. we get a lot more 35K NRL crowds in Sydney these days
its no longer a wow .. turnout
If this game couldn't do a lot better then that .. with these 2 teams .. playing like they are
at a ground that has the space in abundance .... then it will be called as such

nko11

Juniors
of course you would ... you've been explaining away & trying to rationalise Mediocrity for the last hour now :?

Like I said .. we get a lot more 35K NRL crowds in Sydney these days
its no longer a wow .. turnout
If this game couldn't do a lot better then that .. with these 2 teams .. playing like they are
at a ground that has the space in abundance .... then it will be called as such

Still 10K higher than anything the Raiders have ever got...

Doga

Juniors
interesting... the friends and family that did go ....had coins, bottles and shoes thrown at them..so... i'd hardly say that canterbury fans were well behaved... but then again... given they werent stabbed or bashed perhaps the canterbury fans were well behaved...
Also probably a relief that the Cops did not have to use any capsicum spray

Brutus

Referee
based on
the exposure this game was given

I don't think the game was given as much publicity as several other NRL games in the past.

If it wasn't for Greenberg's '42,000' press release then it would have been average publicity.

Compare the build to this game to say the Tigers v Parra from the SFS in 09 - no comparison.

Needed to be played in the run home to the finals to get maximum exposure. It was played too close to Origin.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Last year wasn't good or bad for crowds but this year is a f**king shocker and I don't know who is too blame,mind you give you a hint as whoever had the Sharks v Dragons game put in for a monday in the shire didn't really think plus it f**king pissed down.

NRL WAKE THE f**k UP.

Last year we broke the all time record for average crowds, and this year we are on course to match that.

Dribbler.

kurt faulk

Coach
Last year we broke the all time record for average crowds, and this year we are on course to match that.

Dribbler.

like i said, there are alot of weirdos in this thread and the crowd watch thread. not sure if they really expect unrealistic crowds or they're just trolling.

ByRd

First Grade
Agreed, we are doing ok with our crowds and the continued push in memberships will start to have more of an effect in the coming years. The fact that people are disappointed with a 34k crowd shows that we have come pretty far.

Teddyboy

First Grade

Dribbler.

Nah iam sorry but things could be/should be better.There is nothing worse then seeing a empty/half full stadium on TV and to the casual viewer it comes over as a sport not very popular.You see the mass leagues of Soccer,the IPL Cricket,AFL,NH Rugby Union and the North American Sports of NFL,NBA,NHL,MLB as well as College Football and Basketball on TV and they all seem to have good crowds with bums on seats me laddy.

Call me OCD but I for one will not watch a game on TV if there is a shit crowd most times as the atmosphere(or lack of it)doesn't come over well on TV(take note NRL/News LTD/Fox).

I take a bit of a transcript from the American re-make of A Christmas Carol called Scrooged.

Do you know how many cats there are in this country?
N-N...no, mmm...I don't have...no.
million. D'you know how many dogs?
- In America? - million.
We spend billion on pet food alone.
Four...?!
I have a study which shows that cats and dogs
are beginning to watch television.
If these scientists are right, we should start programming right now.
Within years, they could become steady viewers.
Programming...for cats?
Walk with me, Frank.
Call the police.
I'm not saying build a whole show around animals.
All I'm suggesting is we occasionally throw in a little pet appeal.
- Some birds, a squirrel... - Mice.
Mice, exactly.
You remember Kojak and the lollipops?
What about a cop that dangles string, that's his gimmick.
Lots of quick random action.
Frank, wasn't there a dormouse in "Scrooge"?
No, but I always felt that it needed a dormouse.
- Dormice, better. - Bingo!
Frank, this show is the jewel in the lBC crown.
Everything is riding on it.

Last edited:

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
^ The NRL has a season average of around 17K, which places it in the top 15 most attended leagues in the world - higher than the NBA and NHL which you just mentioned.

Obviously we still have a long way to go but we are definitely heading in the right direction. It's your constant 'NRL crowds are shit and embarrassing' that pisses everyone off.

Teddyboy

First Grade
^ The NRL has a season average of around 17K, which places it in the top 15 most attended leagues in the world - higher than the NBA and NHL which you just mentioned.

Obviously we still have a long way to go but we are definitely heading in the right direction. It's your constant 'NRL crowds are shit and embarrassing' that pisses everyone off.

Don't want to piss anyone off but iam allowed my say.
I never complained about crowds back in 2003-2007/08/09 ??.
I just wish blockbuster games were on a sat night or sunday afternoon.
And I wasn't pissed of with the Dragons v Dogs game at the SCG in the rain,in fact I watched that game on record with a bottle of Red and felt I was in the crowd as it came over so well of the TV.

Brutus

Referee
Don't want to piss anyone off but iam allowed my say.
I never complained about crowds back in 2003-2007/08/09 ??.
I just wish blockbuster games were on a sat night or sunday afternoon.
And I wasn't pissed of with the Dragons v Dogs game at the SCG in the rain,in fact I watched that game on record with a bottle of Red and felt I was in the crowd as it came over so well of the TV.

You're an alco troll.

Latest posts