What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's get 50k plus to Saints and Dogs in Rnd 10

Eels Dude

Coach
The Crowd was disappointing... the TV ratings were pretty ordinary as well.

i am so confused, it was a perfect night, good game , well supported teams.

Friday 13th maybe

It just proves how much neutral fans hates the Dragons style of play and are worried about safety concerns at Dogs home games.

thommo4pm

Coach
It just proves how much neutral fans hates the Dragons style of play and are worried about safety concerns at Dogs home games.

How many times do you want to try and lay into both our clubs?

If you want to talk about styles of play, suggest you have a long hard look at your own team.

Teddyboy

First Grade
I think next year the NRL needs to put the Dogs/Dragons games a bit further apart, one in heritage round and then the other in round 20 or so leading into the finals.

But the NRL won't do that because they are morans.

bottle

Coach
Someone who cannot spell labelling others as morons. Irony is delicious.

How's your mob going tonight Eels Dude? I'm not following it cause the squeals are shit. On second thoughts, don't bother replying cause I don't care, cause the squeals are shit.

Hutty1986

Immortal

:lol::lol::lol: Coming from a fan of one of the most embarrassing Eels outfits of the past two decades. Those grapes you have are sour, might need a refund old mate

Eels Dude

Coach
:lol::lol::lol: Coming from a fan of one of the most embarrassing Eels outfits of the past two decades. Those grapes you have are sour, might need a refund old mate

When did I ever say I enjoyed the style of footy my club plays? We play boring, and not only that we're not very good at it either. At least I can admit my club plays boring.

thommo4pm

Coach
When did I ever say I enjoyed the style of footy my club plays? We play boring, and not only that we're not very good at it either. At least I can admit my club plays boring.

At least Saints can defend a 16 point lead with 21minutes to go.
How on earth does a side let in 30 unanswered points with 21 minutes left, and leading by 16.

You can call us boring all you like, winning isn't boring for us saints fans.
I'd much rather watch my team then what yours dish up.

Loudstrat

Coach
Even a loser side under the cap by $1 million could score more points that your 2 sides combined! And without the forward passes from dummy half, the offside try of the pass-the-ball-when-tackled debacle.

Even old Cayo could kick field goals!

*this isn't on of these anti troll threads is it?*

Willow

Assistant Moderator
34k is OK. The problem might lie in the expectations.

Brutus, I admire your passion for wanting bigger league crowds, but this plucking figures of 50K out of the air is only setting yourself up for a crash.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not unusual for crowd numbers to dip at this time of year. Coming into winter and people saving their dough is part of it. All things considered, 30,000 or more a Sydney crowd is still well above the average.

Brutus

Referee

Brutus, I admire your passion for wanting bigger league crowds, but this plucking figures of 50K out of the air is only setting yourself up for a crash.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not unusual for crowd numbers to dip at this time of year. Coming into winter and people saving their dough is part of it. All things considered, 30,000 or more a Sydney crowd is still well above the average.

The same game got 37.7 k last year and earlier in the year we saw 31k in atrocious conditions.

Put these two teams on in the run home to the finals the crowd has the potential to be closer to 50k than 34k.

An in form Eels v Dogs has the potential to do this as well.

The media's focus in the run home to the finals is the NRL - not Origin.

It was wishful thinking on my behalf at this time of year, but it's definitely not unachievable.

We've had two 70 plus semi crowds in Sydney over the past couple of years so there's no reason why 50k for a premiership game cannot be reached when the planets align.

flamin

Juniors

As I said in the crowd watch thread, there seemed to be way more Dragons fans at the corresponding game last year, and I think scheduling the same clash twice in six weeks definitely deserves some of the blame.

25k Bulldogs + 15k Dragons. The game deserved 40k minimum.

Having said that, it's good to see our expectations for these clashes continue to rise as we see more emphasis on getting people to the game.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Brutus, I too would like to see 50K to a premiership game but there was no way it was possible this time round, for reasons mention.

Perhaps a bit of forward planning from the NRL for 2012 in regards to the timing.

The planets were not aligned on this occasion.

the animal

after another bill murray groundhog outing at ANZ where another dogs game saw countless riots, fights, arrests, i can see why only 34k turned up.

Text a cop worked?

cmon greenberg next spiel?

Latest posts