What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets hope the Game Day Entertainment is better this year.......................

Pika

Bench
I'm sorry - if you're going along to the football for the pre-game entertainment, you're supporting the wrong code. There's a reason American Football spends so much on its pre-game and half-time entertainment: the spectacle itself isn't much to speak of.

I'm not saying that pregame entertainment doesn't matter. I'm saying that it takes up maybe 30 minutes of this 'day out' you mention. I'd much rather the club spend its time and extremely limited finances on building a football team that plays attractive football. We didn't seem to have trouble drawing a crowd when we had one of those...

Wash your mouth out with soap!

ClintDogg

Juniors
Its still a joke this year.

Last home game there was PLASTIC BAGs covering up the speaker LMAO, distorted the sound massivly lol. Dont they get it?.

Jessica Mauboy was total garbage, and the dancer/cheergirls are a total joke. Too young, too much fake tan and fake boobs. When you look at them up close they are so ugly and bronze.

One good thing this year is that I have not heard tha hellafied g'd up techno remix of Another 1 Bites The Dsut BEFORE THE GAME HAS BEEN PLAYED. Matter of fact i have not heard it all year.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
ClintDogg said:
and the dancer/cheergirls are a total joke. Too young, too much fake tan and fake boobs. When you look at them up close they are so ugly and bronze.
Nah, they're ok. Put it this way, they're better than last year ...

Karmawave

Bench
In less than 2 weeks, Sunday 31st May at 3pm , we play the Bulldogs in what could be a battle for top of the table.

If EAS is not bursting at the seems with standing room only, Newcastle deadset don't deserve a team.

Sure, we might be missing Gidley etc for Origin, but this game should be sold out a week before the game if we are fair dinkum.

Jono078

Referee
It won't be sold out a week before because some stars will be missing, from both teams.

It should pull more than 15k though.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
In less than 2 weeks, Sunday 31st May at 3pm , we play the Bulldogs in what could be a battle for top of the table.

If EAS is not bursting at the seems with standing room only, Newcastle deadset don't deserve a team.

Sure, we might be missing Gidley etc for Origin, but this game should be sold out a week before the game if we are fair dinkum.
I tend to agree. Although in saying that, because Gids won't be there, along with Mullo, who you would think is a very good chance of NSW five-eight, I don't think it will be sold out. I'd love for it to be though.

Apey

Staff member

maybe we'll die off accordingly and you'll finally have something to celebrate;

'I was right!'

Serc

First Grade
I'm going to have a Karma rant (and he may even agree with me for once :p) and say just because Mullo, or Gidley, or Joey or JC himself isn't playing for us in two weekends time doesn't mean fans shouldn't turn up...I know some do, but we support our team goddammit!!!

So sooooooo lame when I hear that

I was there in 2007 at Suncorp supporting probably our worst team ever for 80 whole minutes!!!!!!!!!!!

*end rant*

Rolla

Juniors
if we lose gids,mullen and mcmanus

I will be tipping the dogs

Yeah, vuna will come in for jimmy, im not concerned with that. but with mcdonald replacing gidley and scotty in for mullen, the load from our two best playmakers leaving all falls on a half who hasn't played firstgrade in a few weeks and has been playing poorly this year for the mostpart...

Not to mention we are losing for mine the best defencive fullback in the game and replacing him with mcdonald, then throw in one of the poorer defenders in the comp in dureau... Our forwards will really need to dominate for us to be a chance in that one.

Apey

Staff member
Oh yeah Apey, because that's what I really want isn't it? :roll:

it wouldn't surprise me :-k

Ftr I agree there should be a decent crowd. I didn't quote all of your post though, did I? Just the part that made me lol.

CJG 182

Juniors
Yeah, vuna will come in for jimmy, im not concerned with that. but with mcdonald replacing gidley and scotty in for mullen, the load from our two best playmakers leaving all falls on a half who hasn't played firstgrade in a few weeks and has been playing poorly this year for the mostpart...

Not to mention we are losing for mine the best defencive fullback in the game and replacing him with mcdonald, then throw in one of the poorer defenders in the comp in dureau... Our forwards will really need to dominate for us to be a chance in that one.

Don't worry we'll still have Rogers who according to some "single handedly wins games", is "amazing" & "unbelievable" no excuses if we lose right?

Rolla

Juniors
Don't worry we'll still have Rogers who according to some "single handedly wins games", is "amazing" & "unbelievable" no excuses if we lose right?

Ha, dont get me wrong i didnt leave him out cos i dont rate him...i left him out because i dont consider him a dominant playmaker. i think he is more effective when he can pick and chose his involvement. And if he overplays his hand we will just see more errors.

Karmawave

Bench

Well , why would we need to worry if everyone's favourite Macquarie halfback who is ' first grade standard ' is there to save the day?

Latest posts