What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets hope the Game Day Entertainment is better this year.......................

Oh yeah. The kids, they're the ones pumping the money into crowds and sh*t. Something that matches a game's intensity might be good for, you know, pumping up the crowd a bit? Dad's are bringing their sons to Metallica concerts these days, BTW.

Or maybe some "more of the same" is just what we need.

Karmawave

Bench
Well I'm personally looking forward to the first performance where some chick who cant sing comes along to belt out AC/DC.

That'll probably happen sooner rather than later.

Probably home game #2 , after the entire years budget is spent on Mauboy.

Frederick

Staff member
Oh yeah. The kids, they're the ones pumping the money into crowds and sh*t. Something that matches a game's intensity might be good for, you know, pumping up the crowd a bit? Dad's are bringing their sons to Metallica concerts these days, BTW.
So it's just dads and sons who go to Knights games, while the mums and daughters stay at home. Oh that's right, they're at home cooking dinner so it's ready for when the boys get home. Women obviously have no place at the football! :roll:

Keeeeeeeeyrist, Freddy. Facts are facts. Men are into football more. Please don't tell me there'll be an arguement about that.

The NRL is wasting resources on giving these glorified karaoke twits airplay.

Frederick

Staff member
So you're saying the Knights should aim their game day entertainment at one particular demographic, and tough luck to the rest? As opposed to trying to find an act that would appeal to most and would not be considered offensive to any demographic?

Karmawave

Bench
Maybe anyone hiring out the Newcastle Entertainment Centre should be told that its mandatory to do the Knights halftime entertainment as apart of their contract of hire if they play in Newcastle during the same week as a Knights home game.

So you're saying the Knights should aim their game day entertainment at one particular demographic, and tough luck to the rest? As opposed to trying to find an act that would appeal to most and would not be considered offensive to any demographic?
An act? FFS. The Knights wouldn't be able to afford their asking price. I just said there should be a tie in to f**ken pump the crowd up after all the teeny bopper sh*t.

And offensive? f**k, I'm offended by the softening up of game day. I'm sure all the mums and girlfriends could live with it even if they could afford the $2.5mill it would cost em. Or are you saying they aren't up to it?

B-dos

Referee
while im certaintly no fan of mauboy or aust idol, id certainly think having her is better than the sh*tty band who won battle of the bands at the local pub.

to be honest, for the knights i reckon she's a decent coup.

i actually think music in general is a problem and no matter who it is it come off cheap and sounds sh*t. the stadium isnt set for music, they have a terrible sound system adn a few amps you can barely hear. the quality music they play is bareable but when its a live band i reckon its awful.

id be far more suppportive of some other entertainment like they had in the old days.

B-dos

Referee
lol. no i wouldnt revisit those attempts.

i just have a problem with live music at the stadium. no matter who it is, it sounds rubbish.

Karmawave

Bench
It doesn't take much to get decent entertainment either at a reduced price.

It just takes a bit of creative initiative from the marketing department. There's plenty of decent acts, both music and non music, who'd love the opportunity to promote themselves - or a show they are in - to 18,000 people.

I know that if the sound system was provided, there'd be many a good band who has an album launch coming up who'd play a few songs for free just for the promotion factor.

That isn't being explored like it should.

Even tying in the Starstruck school kids around the time of their show being on at the Newcastle Entertainment Centre. The puppets, some dancers, some of the better voices. Young and cheap. Also the variations between performers are good enough to please everyone, from rock singers to pop singers to whatever else.

Isn't there a circus in town right now? I'm sure they'd love to come along and do some stuff to promote their circus. Some of that kinda thing is real impressive. Hell bring out a few lions and let them run loose on the ground :lol:

It really isn't difficult.

Some brains and common sense and a bit of creativity is all that is required.

Last edited:
Isn't there a circus in town right now? I'm sure they'd love to come along and do some stuff to promote their circus. Some of that kinda thing is real impressive. Hell bring out a few lions and let them run loose on the ground

Maybe towards a certain calmer person.. ;-)

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
So the Knights should only cater to fans who go to watch the game of rugby league?

Not try to attract part time/casual fans who may go for a family or group day out?

I'm sorry - if you're going along to the football for the pre-game entertainment, you're supporting the wrong code. There's a reason American Football spends so much on its pre-game and half-time entertainment: the spectacle itself isn't much to speak of.

I'm not saying that pregame entertainment doesn't matter. I'm saying that it takes up maybe 30 minutes of this 'day out' you mention. I'd much rather the club spend its time and extremely limited finances on building a football team that plays attractive football. We didn't seem to have trouble drawing a crowd when we had one of those...

IanG

Coach
the giant lobster that scared the kiddies?

But are Anchors Seafoods still a sponsor?

needs more super hubert.
You wont get any argument out of me there.

Also would we see this again this season?

S4300005.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts