What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets hope the Game Day Entertainment is better this year.......................

Jono078

Referee
Yeah, snaring an artist who currently has two songs on the ARIA top 50 Singles chart is a waste of money. Would you prefer the singing grannies again? :roll:

Whilst it's not my style of music, it shows the Knights are putting more effort into match day entertainment. Doubt they'll be able to do it consistantly though
Fred, I don't have any issues with it at all, heck I don't mind her latest song.

It was more of a reply to Karma because he talks about our poor financial position and stuff, but he gave me a good response also.

Honestly well done to the Knights for getting someone like that for the opening game, no other team has that I know of.

But yeh for someone like me it doesn't make me go 'woah, I should go to this game now'. And honestly nothing will, I just go for the game itself.

Big Tim

First Grade
Whilst I doubt they can afford to draw big name talent to every game, I've no doubt that getting some well known local bands playing at each game as the pre and half time entertainment will improve the situation ten-fold. A band, two cheersquads, and the under 6's or whatever it is running round on field, should create a good atmosphere. They also need to advertise the bands on tv and in the papers "Get along to the footy this Sunday to see the Mighty Knights take on *insert team name here*, featuring half time performances from *insert band name here*"

They also need to start working on signing a big name band to play at the opening of the new grandstand...Silverchair would be massive.

And don't get used to me agreeing with you...it won't last ;-)

Remember the game the Jets played at??? It was a few years ago.

They set them up on the Southern hill under the big screen and they belted out the best sounding set ever at EAS. Why? Because they didnt play straight into speakers in the Western stand projecting the sound into the Eastern stand....... I can never understand why they didnt keep this set up going for all music acts.

I am sure we have had some great acts over the years, but the sound system is only rivalled by the Ent Cent as the worst in Australia.

macavity

Referee
Because they didnt play straight into speakers in the Western stand projecting the sound into the Eastern stand....... I can never understand why they didnt keep this set up going for all music acts.

no point playing to the western stand this year - be interesting to see how they set up. (cameras too, actually!)

cram

Bench
I mentioned to my two daughters, 15 and 12, that Jessica was singing and got what I must say was a very cold response....

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Hey Karma, you think our pre-game entertainment is bad. We should take lessons off Souths IMO. They had the best pre-game entertainment I've seen in a long time at Bluetongue today.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Well, they had a lovely breeze blowing down the ground. That was followed by watching the referees warming up, and then if that wasn't enough to get you pumped up for the game, they showed vision of Souffs training during the week.

:lol: Yes, I was being sarcastic. Terrible "pre-game entertainment" :lol:

Jono078

Referee
What did they have?

EDIT: Bah, that's what happens when you open a bunch of threads and get around to one of them a bit late without refreshing :lol:

Nuke

Staff member
Does Super Hubert still do his thing at Knights games?
Living in Perth kinda limits how many games I get to go see. I don't recall seeing him at the last game I went to (vs NZ Warriors in 2007).

He's sure to pull the casual supporters in. :lol:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yeah I know. I was hoping Karma would come in and have a read. But you all ruined it :fist:

roopy

Referee
You had me wondering if my alzeimhers was worse than i thought, if that's any consolation.

Karmawave

Bench
Last time I looked, Souths were in debt too.

If we want to continue being crap putting on matchday entertainment like everyone else, go right on.

Or, we could actually try and have a go and set the standard for once.

What do you want to do? Be sh*t just because everyone else is? Or try and be better than everyone else and see if it makes a difference to crowds and interest in the Knights.

Pika

Bench
Eels game last year had Jim Beam girls handing out inflatable Eels battons.

That was good. Every Knights player asked for a batton just to watch the girls throw them to us.

I have a set, and I hate the Eels.

Fond memories of the half time entertainment however.

Jessica "Poor Man's Rhiannon" Mauboy? Is the NRL now just a platform for that f**king karaoke contest these days? Looks like the 10 year old girl element will be happy.

The sooner someone ties in Metallica's "All (K)Nightmare Long" with the Newcastle Knights the better off the rugby league community will be.

Frederick

Staff member
Jessica "Poor Man's Rhiannon" Mauboy? Is the NRL now just a platform for that f**king karaoke contest these days? Looks like the 10 year old girl element will be happy.

The sooner someone ties in Metallica's "All (K)Nightmare Long" with the Newcastle Knights the better off the rugby league community will be.
Really? I daresay someone like Mauboy would appeal to families more than Metallica

Latest posts