What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's talk about the Canberra Raiders

Raider_69

Post Whore
if we win this week, and thats not going to easy, penrith are a good side, we'll have to play well to beat them, but if we can i think we're a real good chance for a grandfinal spot. If results go the way i expect a win means the titans at canberra next week, which we'd win i think, and then the dragons in sydney which is very winnable for us. First things first, we've got to beat the penrith, im confident we can do that, but all jokes aside it will be a very tough game for both sides. Who ever wins will have worked very hard for the win.

Raider_69

Post Whore
if we win this week, and thats not going to easy, penrith are a good side, we'll have to play well to beat them, but if we can i think we're a real good chance for a grandfinal spot. If results go the way i expect a win means the titans at canberra next week, which we'd win i think, and then the dragons in sydney which is very winnable for us. First things first, we've got to beat the penrith, im confident we can do that, but all jokes aside it will be a very tough game for both sides. Who ever wins will have worked very hard for the win.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Enjoying the Raiders fans dick-measuring. Let me help you along to avoid any stupid arguments:

Croker > Cooper
Monaghan > Gasnier
Robinson > Nightingale
Campese > Soward
McCrone > Hornby
TLL > Weyman
Buttriss > Young
Shillo > Costigan
Picker > Scott
Harrison > Creagh
Fensom > Smith
Waddell > Fien
Tilse > Merrin
Logan > Prior
Thurling > Saffy
Galea > Emmett
8E621023-2876-2541-856A-4392C5D0A527

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Why is it so important for St Merge supporters to try and troll Raiders supporters. Is it to give you guys the wins you have struggled with over the last few years. Is every annoyed response from a Raiders supporter supposed to make up for Colin Best smoking Gasnier, Trent Barrett dropping the ball over the line or the Raiders destroying your 2009 season by showing other sides you were a bit soft when roughed up.

Its ok guys. We get beat by the Storm all the time. Although they are salary cap cheats and we are just the lowly Raiders :lol:

Dugan > Boyd.

FMD, and I thought Queenslanders had a chip on their shoulders, I guess being surrounded by NSW will do that to you.

boxhead

First Grade
Doh....

Nice arguing. I hate these "let's say sh*t about club y" threads though.
The Canberra Raiders are a great club, only people who seem to think otherwise are the select few Dragons fans who hate having a bogey team.

Big Pete

Referee
He did very well under the high ball against the Broncos.

Obviously but coming up against a bargain based winger in Winterstein and backrow in Glenn who offered his winger no support doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

Once he fixes that part of his game, we can start talking about him being better than Morris. Until then...

Raider Azz

Bench
Obviously but coming up against a bargain based winger in Winterstein and backrow in Glenn who offered his winger no support doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

Once he fixes that part of his game, we can start talking about him being better than Morris. Until then...
Vidot is fine under the high ball. The only time I can remember him ever dropping a catch was in one game earlier in the year. Otherwise he has been safe as a house.

Iafeta

Referee
And our 2 laziest and most over rated players in our roster. $400K for Mateo? :lol:

Two words. Ruben Wiki. Just ask blokes like Brett Seymour what Ruben Wiki and professionalism means. Those players won't be able to leave on the puppy fat they were allowed to at Parramatta.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Two words. Ruben Wiki. Just ask blokes like Brett Seymour what Ruben Wiki and professionalism means. Those players won't be able to leave on the puppy fat they were allowed to at Parramatta.

Good luck to you guys, when Mateo and Inu are in form and confident, they are special players.

We do have Hayden Knowels who trains Danny Green, Vic Darchinian (?) and is doing something with Usain Bolt. So I dont think we didnt try to get their heads right. Besides, its more attitude that was the problem with Fil and Kris.

Pete Cash

Post Whore

Vidot's biggest problem is he is a poor communicator. Often he gets in the way of Dugan or other backs under the high ball. It will come with experience. He is a talent alright though.

mozza91

Coach
leave Vidot out.....that would be utter madness. The work that man does.

If I was to name the Raiders backline Vidot would be the second player picked. He is a superb finisher (the best in the club), he works really really hard in both attack and defence. He snapped Ben Rogers and he appears to back up his talk with action on the field.

What a player.
Thompson was your best player in the first few months of the comp and is a huge talent why move him from the centres? Dropping Vidot would allow him to perfect his Muay Thai skills, or better yet drop Monaghan who sucks royally.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I didn't say it was. I said it was an aspect of it. Vidot's got the better technique. Once he moves to centre he'll be belting washed up clowns like Gasnier (or Cooper depending on what side of the field he plays).

Wow your hatred of the dragons really needs to be brought up in every possible post doesn't it?

Morris is one of the best cover defenders in the game. He's saved our bacon plenty of times on linebreaks. Vidot has great front on technique, which as you say is suited to the centers. But we're not talking about them in the center's are we?

Vidot is a great talent, and is a certainty to play rep footy in the future but don't let that allow you to lose some perspective.

As for your comments on Cooper and Gasnier, I guess we'll find out how accurate you are over the coming weeks. Defensively there is no better 3/4 in the competition, but they also know how to score some tries as well.

Mong

Post Whore
Raiders had nothing last week, it was a very low skill level game that next to no one at the ground could get into.

I'd be very surprised if their bubble hasn't burst and they make it past this week..