What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lewis Announcement

DJShaksta

First Grade
The Sharks have been talking to him for 2 months.
Fact, not rumor.
Everything coming out this week in the papers is just smokescreen.
It's between us and Tigs.
I reckon he chose us before he spent the weekend with Gal, Graham and Damo

webShark

Interesting that you choose to believe the Sharks rumour over the West Tigers rumour.

Any reason for this?

Heard from the old chestnut reliable source that Sharks are waiting to receive a signed contract from Lewis as early as today. If he goes to the Tiges he obviously didn't sign it. But he definitely got an offer from us. Gospel.

SharkShocked

Bench
Fair point.

But then one could make the same sort of argument that he has been in talks with Farah, doesn't have to move and is being offered a job after footy.

It's all just everyone's opinion in the end.

Meh who knows, find out in the next few days at latest anyway.

I just hope we aren't stupid enough to screw ourselves out of Smith and miss Lewis. Given our squad at present it probably only needs a bit of quality spread around the backline and we are a real shot at it soon.

webShark

I just hope we aren't stupid enough to screw ourselves out of Smith and miss Lewis. Given our squad at present it probably only needs a bit of quality spread around the backline and we are a real shot at it soon.

That is my concern. Miss Lewis we still have Smith and money for an outside back. Seems Lewis wants to live in Cronulla. That is the drawcard.

Card Shark

Immortal
Heard from the old chestnut reliable source that Sharks are waiting to receive a signed contract from Lewis as early as today. If he goes to the Tiges he obviously didn't sign it. But he definitely got an offer from us. Gospel.

Was thinking that today. After the Snowden, we won't sign anyone in a hurry. Finer details of contracts would take at least 48 hrs to sort out.;-)

If he wants to live in Cronulla, we have Shane Watson to thank for loaning out his house & giving him the taste for it.

Craigshark

First Grade
The longer this drags on the more I can see us getting screwed over.. The Tigers signing Lewis, especially after seeing 3/4 of their team kiss his ass after the game the other night and us losing Smith.. Hope I'm wrong.

Card Shark

Immortal
The longer this drags on the more I can see us getting screwed over.. The Tigers signing Lewis, especially after seeing 3/4 of their team kiss his ass after the game the other night and us losing Smith.. Hope I'm wrong.

Have faith mate!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
lol

Well Lewis is checking out property in the Shire.... Done deal....

Out of curiosity, where would you buy property if you wanted to play for the tigers? they represent everywhere

hmmmm...sounds very much like he still needs to convince the wife.

Now this is pure speculation.

They have just built a home in Penrith or still being done.

Now I imagine Lukes wife spent a lot time, effort and thought designing every last detail.

Now he wants her to move.

She would understand that but, moving house kids, when you have just completed your project.

So I know I would need to convince mine we could get a similar quality elsewhere...

Wattos unit might be flash, but clearly she would a house as that is what they built, fair enough with little ones around.

Not easy for any man in that scenario, always a hard sell.

That said seems Luke is trying....

Card Shark

Immortal
Faith in the Sharks? I see the Raiders game as a danger. We all love the Sharks but don't know about having faith.

Having faith that we'll secure Lewis.

Anyway whilst you mention it, we should have faith in the team. As much as I worry about losing, they have done enough to get us confident.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well you would think a suitable property either rent or buy on his salary would be easy enough found.

Last edited:

Since 73

First Grade
We're Miseres.

Taking the permanent marker to the back of my jumper now. How do u spell Lewis?