What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lewis signs with Sharks

Fathead

Bench
The best news we could get. Knowing Lewis he will probably sign and then renege on his deal. Anyway why do we need a 30 yr old injury prone player.
INVEST IN YOUTH.
Konrad hurrell is 19.
There are good young players around with the potential to be the next Luke Lewis.

EelsFan05

Bench
I could not think of any logical reason why Lewis would move from Penrith to Parramatta if he wants to win football games. It was only ever a pipe dream for us.

DeanPay98

Juniors
This isn't a big deal. its one thing for him to play some great Origin games, its another thing for him to be consistently good in first grade week in and week out.

the club is stuffed, urgent action is needed by members to stop this getting any worse, a vote of no confidence is needed.
people to need to make up signs and show how they feel at the game saturday night.
What has happened on the off the field is not good enough and people need to be held accountable.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
As good as Lewis is, let's be logical about this - do we want to sign a player on a huge contract that may or may not be in our future coaches plan or would we prefer to let the new coach make the decisions in addition to giving him significant room to move under cap to make signings he wants. At least the coach won't have the excuse that the cap has restricted him.

Fathead

Bench
The sharkies signed him for 4 years ! He will be 34 when he finishes.
Now there are some freaks playing well at that age like petro, beaver and Fui but they certainly weren't playing like 500 k players.
If Lewis reckons that this year was tough on his body wait till he hits 32 and young 20 year old Tongans are stomping all over him. He is suffering from injuries now.
People we well and truly dodged a bullet. Think of the players we could buy with the money we were promising this bloke . There is a silver lining.
If Lewis was such an imposing player, the panthers would be a lot higher than they are now.
If it was cam smith or JT I would understand the emotion.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As good as Lewis is, let's be logical about this - do we want to sign a player on a huge contract that may or may not be in our future coaches plan or would we prefer to let the new coach make the decisions in addition to giving him significant room to move under cap to make signings he wants. At least the coach won't have the excuse that the cap has restricted him.

f**king spot on.

strider

Post Whore
i think he's a good player and a strong leader ... but i'm not convinced he would have helped us

better off for everyone with this decision

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I'm sure the people at the eels who tried to sign him know a bit more than all you nevilles on an Internet forum.

Joely01

Bench
So there back row could be:
11. Lewis
12. Smith
13. Gallen.

Pretty impressive..

My question is is that Bukuya off contract because whenever i watch a sharks game this year he has been one of there best players, go after him...

Parraren

Bench
So there back row could be:
11. Lewis
12. Smith
13. Gallen.

Pretty impressive..

My question is is that Bukuya off contract because whenever i watch a sharks game this year he has been one of there best players, go after him...

Look at their 'reserve' back-row....

11. Tupou
12. Bukuya
13. Graham

Doesn't make alot of sense why you'd pay Lewis $450k odd per year in a position you are more than well covered in. I would have been chasing Jennings if I were them...

Latest posts