What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LG ends association with Sharks

kurt faulk

Coach
For the actual club, I could care less. They spent decades on the NSWRL Drip, bit the hand that fed them and played an active part in the effort to wipe out Sydney Clubs for their own favour. It's pretty Ironic that they're looking likely to be the first club to actually die of natural causes in the post-super league era.

it's not ironic at all.

as you said they were always a useless club and a parasite as well.

they were always going to be the first to perish.

the weak always die first.

Craigshark

First Grade
:lol: If anywhere in Sydney deserves not to have a team, then it's the place that fostered that abysmal race rally/riot back in 2005.

Karma bitches.

STFU you f**king parramatta prick. Go f**king jump off a cliff. The world would be a much better place without you, you f**king internet junkie piece of sh*t.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
They've done sod all in 40 plus yrs whilst clubs like Norths, Balmain, Newtown, Wests have been sacrificed them
f**k them and the horse they rode into town on
WhileI like the Sharks and Tigers, you raised a list of foundation clubs that had done hardly any better if at all, in their last 40 years. Balmain had a premiership in 1969 and 2 more grand finals between then and 1999.
Wests hadn't played in a grand final since the 60's, which they lost
Norths hadn't been in a Grand Final since the 40's, and their last premiership was 78 years before their axing in 1999.
Newtown last won a Grand Final in the 40's and appeared in 1 or 2 since.
Sharks have been in 3 grand finals in the same time.

As much as i'd like to have the foundation clubs still in the comp, you're argument is more backward than a blonde irish woman.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
LG Electronics will not renew sponsorship deal with Cronulla

By staff writers
May 21, 2009 The future of financially-struggling NRL club Cronulla is in serious doubt after their major sponsor, LG Electronics, refused to renew their deal with the club for next season.
The Sharks have had a turbulent 2009, with the Matt Johns sex scandal and Reni Maitua's drug ban adding to the club's crippling financial woes and poor performances on the field.

LG's Marketing Director David Brand said the recent controversies involving the club contributed to the decision to to renew the company's sponsorship.

"We have had a successful association with rugby league and the Sharks but we no longer see the benefits of an ongoing sponsorship given the evolution of our brand.

"While the recent controversies around the NRL, and the Sharks in particular, were certainly a significant element in our decision we also considered the direction of our company and where we want to take the LG brand."

from RufusRex' link

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's not ironic at all.

as you said they were always a useless club and a parasite as well.

they were always going to be the first to perish.

the weak always die first.

Parasite?

Which club used players from the Cronulla-Sutherland area for 40 odd years prior to the Sharks entering the comp?

bartman

Immortal
STFU you f**king parramatta prick. Go f**king jump off a cliff. The world would be a much better place without you, you f**king internet junkie piece of sh*t.
Sorry mate. Didn't mean to be personal at a time like this.

But it was your chance to reply and come out against the racism and the rally/riot in your area... and I note you didn't take it.

The Sharks will survive, there'll be a Shire team running around in NSW cup with Newtown and Balmain and all the rest.

maccattack

Juniors
Yeah, those two chicks that copped heaps for filming Seymour being a drunk idiot around town when he should have known better can finally breathe easy that their evil master plan has finally come to fruition.... :sarcasm:

Did I say that? Dont think so. I was talking about people in the media who I believe have it in for the game as a whole. They will see this as 'one down 15 to go".

kurt faulk

Coach

yes, parasites.

sucking money out of anything they could latch onto.

the money has run out for this parasite.

die, scum, die.

Surely

Post Whore
LG Electronics will not renew sponsorship deal with Cronulla

By staff writers
May 21, 2009 The future of financially-struggling NRL club Cronulla is in serious doubt after their major sponsor, LG Electronics, refused to renew their deal with the club for next season.
The Sharks have had a turbulent 2009, with the Matt Johns sex scandal and Reni Maitua's drug ban adding to the club's crippling financial woes and poor performances on the field.

LG's Marketing Director David Brand said the recent controversies involving the club contributed to the decision to to renew the company's sponsorship.

"We have had a successful association with rugby league and the Sharks but we no longer see the benefits of an ongoing sponsorship given the evolution of our brand.

"While the recent controversies around the NRL, and the Sharks in particular, were certainly a significant element in our decision we also considered the direction of our company and where we want to take the LG brand."

from RufusRex' link

Thats ok David you can shove your dodgy products up your arse.

bartman

Immortal
@ macattack... Ah, ok then. My bad.

It will actually be a blessing for the game though, a chance for a full relocation that the Sharks weren't going to take otherwise. Sad for real Sharks fans (season ticket holders, merchandise buyers etc), but... unfortunately that's life.

Surely

Post Whore

But it was your chance to reply and come out against the racism and the rally/riot in your area... and I note you didn't take it.

The Sharks will survive, there'll be a Shire team running around in NSW cup with Newtown and Balmain and all the rest.

Don't laugh your clubs next.

Johns Magic

Referee
=

And why the f**k should he? You think he was involved or something? You really think he cares about that now all these years on?

f**king get over yourself.

bartman

Immortal
Don't laugh your clubs next.
Mate, if that's the way it goes, so be it.

The game of rugby league is a business these days. Not what it was when I started following it.

Sad for real fans (ones that attend each game, buy merchandise etc), but you can't blame people for seeing this as some sort of karma re the Sharks jumping Wentworthville for entry in '67, and for Super League, and for that hideous race rally/riot (would that have anything to do with non-Anglo league fans not wanting to go to away games down there I wonder...).

bartman

Immortal
And why the f**k should he? You think he was involved or something? You really think he cares about that now all these years on?

f**king get over yourself.
:lol: It was said as a joke... but can't you see the link between poor crowds and an area's reputation for not being inclusive to people of other cultures?

If I lived in that area, I'd speak out against that racist stuff every chance I got. But he chose to get personal and go on the attack.

Craigshark

First Grade

Wtf has that even got to do with anything? You're just a low life, brain dead piece of sh*t who enjoys laying the boot in while people are down..

maccattack

Juniors
I will NEVER buy an LG product again. They have kicked the club when they are down on their knees rather than support them through tough times when they really needed them.