What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

like sand through the hour glass these are the threads of our reefy

should Todd be sacked?

• Yes. bubbling is an outrage

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • No >drinking other peoples Pizz has been part of League since Chook Raper

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Im undecided.

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Card Shark

Immortal
Identifying & recruiting young talent is the way to go....but it's a patience thing.

We don't have the time to be patient...we have waited long enough!!

carcharias

Immortal
The issue we have now is instability. The board know they are gone next election.... Why would u try?

Don't be so sure about that.

They have come out of this latest debacle looking pretty good in the eyes
of the media and the NRL.

Shark_78

Juniors
Don't be so sure about that.

They have come out of this latest debacle looking pretty good in the eyes
of the media and the NRL.

The Nrl and media don't vote.

With the run of mill dumbass fan who just thinks we sacked him for this pic voting then the board are doomed.

Card Shark

Immortal
Sitting on the fence with undecided.
If ALL the truth comes out then I can hop off.

Perhaps the club should've remained undecided for a bit longer until the hysteria died down.

Maybe they know all the truth though, hence the hasty decision?

PHaTMaN

Juniors
This is all part of the cleanse IMO.

Not sour grapes but for his contribution since he got here we have not got value for money at all.

I don't agree. The bloke would have won the Dally M last year if he didn't get injured for the last few rounds.

The three years before Todd signed we finished 15th 14th and 13th. The 1st two years we had him we made the finals and only lost games to exit the season in which he was injured.

Before this year he had played almost every game. I don't give a shit what he does off the field, I do not want to go back to finishing 15th and 14th every year and with him gone I cannot see any other outcome.

f**k me, fine the bloke, stand him down for this yr we are already gone, but to sack the only bloke who can create points? We are a fargen football team not the morality police.

southland

Juniors
The issue we have now is instability. The board know they are gone next election.... Why would u try?

When is the next election?

As much as I'll miss watching him play, there was obviously more to it than the idiotic photo... and for once the board seems to have made a decent decision for the 'long term' good of the club.

Just baffles me tho why the hell they can drop a player who brings the game into disrepute but resign a coach who seemingly did the same thing...? Idiots...

How can the culture of the club change? Starting with a complete sweep out and new board?

Vin Fizz

Bench
I dont undertand the Board hate. I know i'm in the minority (and probably only one and cant see the forest for the trees) but I dont know what theyve done, failed to do or could have done differently.

DJShaksta

First Grade
The board hate arena from more than the Carney situation/s.
The fact they swept to power making big statements about bringing big sponsors and the fact we have none is a massive issue.
That and the fact there is literally zero communication to the members is a huge fail for "unity"

Card Shark

Immortal
My gripes with them are failure to attract sponsorship that they assured us with their contacts, they would. They have reasons for failure there - Carney has just given them another.

The other reason is their resigning of Flanno so soon & for so long - I also think there is a lot more to this as well. If Flanno went, he'd try & take a bit of us with him.

It's a no win situation being on the board of the Sharks!!

Card Shark

Immortal
Ferguson will get green lighted today. Pearce, Idris, Greenburg, Barba, Luis, Thaiday, Boyd, Dugan, Slater, etc etc etc.

I think in light of what has happened with a similar repeat offender, the NRL should say no.

The timing would be very poor to let Fergo play again - it's only a matter of time before he offends again!

Tiki Godzilla

Juniors
I dont undertand the Board hate. I know i'm in the minority (and probably only one and cant see the forest for the trees) but I dont know what theyve done, failed to do or could have done differently.

I don't like the board but in regards to the Carney situation they did the right thing and I don't see how anyone can do anything other than applaud their decision. Credit where it is due.

Jaegerex

Juniors
I doubt anyone currently playing NRL has a worse rap sheet than Carney.

His first offence was 10 years ago & have been regular every since.

That makes him 28......but he still carries on like an 18 year old.

And when I read his rap sheep just now was thinking oh the worst he had done was the drink driving and police chase, then saw he set a guys pants on fire. I don't know how I missed that and with that alone he should of been rubbed out of the game back when he did that, actual malicious physical harm to another person is about as bad as you can get. That threw him right up there with some of the worst imo.
Silly merkin, his last offense was 3 years ago though and he had appeared to have cleaned up his act somewhat, well from a non local perspective.

Feej

First Grade
Fergo is the same as Todd. I give him less than 18 months at the rooters before he f**ks up again.

ek999

First Grade
NRL are f**ken hypocrites channel 9 allows a Beau Ryan naked on the Footy show and people consider it funny, but when Todd does anything stupid well the its the end of the world.

Beau Ryan did the bubbler on The Footy Show? Must have missed that

husky65

Juniors
I don't like the board but in regards to the Carney situation they did the right thing and I don't see how anyone can do anything other than applaud their decision. Credit where it is due.

Given the photo, it's hard to see any reason to delay the decision, Carneys manager says Carney should have had a chance to explain to the board, but in reality how would that change things? "I was in the northies toilets and accidentally got photographed urinating in my own mouth"