What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

like sand through the hour glass these are the threads of our reefy

should Todd be sacked?

• Yes. bubbling is an outrage

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • No >drinking other peoples Pizz has been part of League since Chook Raper

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Im undecided.

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vin Fizz

Bench
Was listening to the Jays on the way to work. The practace sounds like its a bit more wide spread among the yooooooof of Straya then i had imagined. Still doesnt excuse TC as by all accounts hed been warned about it. But that said im sure the first person who farted in church would have been burned at the stake. He is gone, and im gunna let it rest now.

Jaegerex

Juniors
Perhaps the club should've remained undecided for a bit longer until the hysteria died down.

Maybe they know all the truth though, hence the hasty decision?

Well they may have rushed and pushed the decision to get it all done by the end of June 30th.

The players had a meeting on Monday to talk about "professionalism and accountability" in the wake of the loss to Manly and gals comments re sharpy. They all agree there needs to be an attitude shift and commit to it.

The next thing on the agenda is a video session. 5 minutes into it Todd's phone rings, he retires to the back of the room and talks loudly and at length to one of his crew about one of their benders. Luke Lewis and Wade Graham do not take to this kindly and it ends with Wade offering to meet Todd outside. Todd had checked out of the club months ago.

Thanks for the info, I'm not sure what the club has done to try to keep him in line or if his contract would of allowed that, but I just hope we tried other things than just a stern talking to and then sacking to keep what can be our best player on his day at the club.
What he has done has hurt the Sharks brand no doubt, but we were already fairly damaged before all of this, so it doesn't add much on that front, but without a replacement stepping in and us producing good on field results it becomes a harder task to rebuild in the long run.

carcharias

Immortal
His little joke has confirmed to the entire game that our club is a laughing stock.
Reconfirmed.

My missus is overseas , I haven't told her yet .
I'm waiting to see how long before it hits the news over there.

Very glad I spent all that money on sharks clobber for our cousins over there.
They'll probably google the sharks to see what we are about and read about our star player
weeing into his own gob.

chewsta

First Grade
On many occasions ive said I couldnt give two shits what the players etc did off the field and that I just wanted to support a winning team but man I am really finding it hard to stay interested in the footy due to all the absolute boneheads in the game these days.

I mean seriously it is a great game Rugby League, but how can you bring yourself to cheer on a team that you know has been involved in sex scandals or a bloke that has gone home and flogged his missus, or a known drug user, a convicted sex offender or just a flat out grub of a human all together?

As a footballer you can understand people wanting the club to keep him,outside of football his social behaviour leaves the club with little alternative but to sack him.
While TC has been down this road before and is responsible for his own actions it's hard to believe the club was not aware of his worrying social behaviour when it received a mention in a Sunday paper only a couple of weeks ago.If the club failed to address or chose to ignore other indiscretion than it's also a poor reflection on them as well, this issue may of been avoidable if the club had simply been proactive before social media forced their hand.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Club had no other choice with his history.
He had gone off the rails, had been given multiple warnings this year & completely ignored them - short of assigning him a 24 hr security guard, what more could the club do ?
Carney only has himself to blame.

BTW that snippet about Carney in the team meeting was very instructive - his attitude has been poor all year.

carcharias

Immortal
Well it's still going on the TV

Training has been cancelled
Players are spewin he's been sacked.
Massive blow up at the club

It's a right off .

Frenzy.

Post Whore
It may be of interest to the forum to know that Todd Carney had NO behavioural clauses in his original contract. It went a long way towards getting him here. He mucked up for the whole of that contract. New contract from new board meant tougher "rules" and he couldn't take the scrutiny and his behaviour escalated.

He and his band of merry men have been rust in the club for a long time. It's no surprise and no secret that the merriest of them was unlinked by Flano and asked to leave. The Toxic Gnome II.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I voted yes but not because bubbling is an outrage. That's just old mate reefy putting words in people's mouths again LOL

Ads

First Grade
Well it's still going on the TV

Training has been cancelled
Players are spewin he's been sacked.
Massive blow up at the club

It's a right off .

Interesting, I wonder if Gal was spoken to prior to the sacking decision?

carcharias

Immortal
Interesting, I wonder if Gal was spoken to prior to the sacking decision?

Wade
Robo
Heino
Have all left
Others hung around to do weights

Grothe being followed by press out he front of carneys joint.
He's not happy.

Put your house in whoever we play next.
The spoon is our for sure.

Surely

Post Whore
It may be of interest to the forum to know that Todd Carney had NO behavioural clauses in his original contract. It went a long way towards getting him here. He mucked up for the whole of that contract. New contract from new board meant tougher "rules" and he couldn't take the scrutiny and his behaviour escalated.

He and his band of merry men have been rust in the club for a long time. It's no surprise and no secret that the merriest of them was unlinked by Flano and asked to leave. The Toxic Gnome II.

Are you saying noddy was a drunken clown ?

Oh sorry gardener

Last edited:

Ads

First Grade
Wade
Robo
Heino
Have all left
Others hung around to do weights

Grothe being followed by press out he front of carneys joint.
He's not happy.

Put your house in whoever we play next.
The spoon is our for sure.

Grothe is a waste of space and his brother is part of the problem.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I dont care if there is a photo of him with his finger up his own arrse. There is no way on earth anybody is sacked for that.

Latest posts