What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Likely Maroons team - Sunday Mail

NPK

Bench
Today's Sunday Mail says this is the likely side..they seem to have official info.

1. Bowen
2. Bell
3. Hodges
4. Tate
5. Inglis
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Stagg
12. Webb
13. Johnson

14. Berrigan/Hunt
15. Scott
16. Myles
17. Thaiday

Interesting..I'd be very happy with that side. The article also mentioned they're still considering Carroll, but I hope they forget that idea.

Juniors
i still think inglis is wasted on the wing, anyone can finish a try, he needs to be in the middle with the ball in hand, coz this kid starts, sets up and scores them, im sure qld have another finisher for that wing spot, and as we saw last night inglis outplayed bowen in all aspects.

Dazzat

First Grade
Believe it or not I'd like to see Corey Parker in the first 13, probably instead of Stagg. I think one workhorse in the pack is enough - being Dallas Johnson. Cameron Smith is also has a high work rate in defence. Parker gets through a fair amount of tackles, but gives more options in attack.

Mr Saab

Referee
I dont want Bowen at fullback. I have no trust in him.
Inglis for fullback please.
Slater can play on the wing with Inglis at fullback..Bowen = bench

greenos

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
I dont want Bowen at fullback. I have no trust in him.
Inglis for fullback please.
Slater can play on the wing with Inglis at fullback..Bowen = bench
Slater is suspended.

bowen_1

Juniors
I'm not too sure on Myles yet, he's still a bit green perhaps, although tbh i haven't seen him play much. Scott on the other hand is a great prospect and has been outstanding this year so deserves his selection. I agree that Parker should be there somewhere, although with Webb and Parker as starting backrowers we might lose a bit of mobility/endurance.

Jordan

Juniors
Isn't Slater available for Origin if selected though? I remember when he was suspended they were saying he'd be available, just he wouldn't have any games under his belt leading up. Would be a bit of a risk..

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jordan said:
Isn't Slater available for Origin if selected though? I remember when he was suspended they were saying he'd be available, just he wouldn't have any games under his belt leading up. Would be a bit of a risk..

Nope he is unaviliable. He's suspended till the week after Origin1. I'd like Steve Turner on one wing!

Dazzat

First Grade
Steve Turner? If you can nominate Steve Turner how about Reggie Cressbrook from the Burleigh Bears? Brett Dallas? Scott Donald?

Mr Saab

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
I find it gob smacking no Hunt yet he is the test fullback ????

Joel Clinton was the test prop in the same Test in 2004 yet has not seen a blue jersey.
I dont want Bowen at fullback whatsoever.

DeeGan

Bench
pennywisealfie said:
what time is the team named?

This afternoon apparently.

My team; Hunt, Inglis, Bell, Hodges, Tate, Lockyer, Thurston, Price, Smith, Civoniceva, Stagg, Webb, Johnston Res. M. Bowen, Scott, S. Thaiday, Tronc

I have been pushing the barrow of Matt Bowen all year though the high ball problem is rearing it's head again and I think he would be found out by NSW over a three game series. Greg Inglis was superb and has been superb since coming in to the Storm side as fullback over the past 5 weeks, in saying that, Hunt's solid Test performance and combo with Lockyer I think will get him a start. Hunt is not a winger and Bowen offers more impact from the bench.

Latest posts