What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lilyman to Raiders...

dubby

Bench
You heard it here first, Jacob Lilyman is expected to sign with the club within the next few weeks. A QLD debutant in the last game, Lilyman is a young strapping forward whose career has been hampered by injury. Also expect another forward from the QLD team to sign in the coming weeks, both players have a high opinion of coach Neil Henry and are keen to press for claims for a permanent NRL starting position in a club that promises opportunity.
I'm unsure who the 2nd player is, but he is reportedly close to signing a deal with the club....it may be Thaiday, but i'd hope for Johnson or Flannery.
This could also spell the end for Raiders son Jason Croker.

Edwahu

Bench
I trust you mate but you better not be talking out your arse Dubby.....
Is the other player Myles? He and Lillyman would be awesome signings.

reptar

Juniors
Lilyman? Great news, if it turns out to be true! TLL, Weyman, Tilse, Thurling, Tongue, Lilyman - basis for a good pack there. Especially if Tilse makes the transition to first grade, which I think there were signs on the weekend that he will do.

Paullyboy

Coach
Lillyman would definately be a great signing for the short and long term. I find it hard to believe though based on the comments Ive recently read from him.

I hope you are right, but as I say, find it very hard to believe.

dubby

Bench
All i can say at this stage, is that Neil Henry has done some wonderful things at SOO this year.
With Mal spreading the word in camp to these particular players about how good a club Canberra is and the future of the young team we have and how it is a club where young guns like TLL and THurling have made an impact after struggling to gain NRL time in their former clubs it makes it appealing to a young guy who wants a shot.

TBH, all i know is that the club is set to announce the signings after June 30 (surprise surprise), and one player is from the Cowboys and played SOO (not Webb), and the other is from another club but played in the last SOO. Both are young future stars, and of course the Raiders are making VERY good offers.

No word on an outside back yet.
Expect Germ to make an announcement this thursday he is going to StGEorge.

That will test the credibility of my source guys.

paulquinn49

Bench
Lillyman would be a good signing, shouldnt be too expensive either.

As for the second player, It's definately Nate Myles. Dogs dont have enough money for him. Well they shouldnt...

Raiders vs Souths for the signature of Myles imo

If we sign Myles and Lillyman I will happily pack Croker's bags for him, throw in a map of Northern England for free aswell.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Exciting stuff. I mean, we really should be in the market in a big way with all the losses we have, so I hope we will hear more of this kind of thing in coming weeks.

Thanks for the news, Dubby.

legend

Coach
Titans will be in the race but you'd think they'd be targetting lower paid players now withthe playing roster they already have. They'd struggle to fit in another 200k+ Origin rep when you consider they would have paid good money for Bailey, Laffranchi, Hodgson, Prince, Campbell, Carney and Turner.

Titans have most of their pack covered but still need outside backs so hopefully Willie Tonga ends up there so Myles comes to Canberra. ;-)

Macko8

Juniors
I really dont think we need Myles to be honest, i rate thurling every bit as good as him, if not better, but hay if we get myles i aint complaining.
Thats Thurling and Myles from bulldogs within a year,yew.

Lillyman would be a good signing imo,providing the info is true that he and another forward that played in SOO 2 are joining our club.
I hope that is sam thaiday,he'll play for australia i reakon.
Makes alot of metres up the middle and knocks players off there feet, ie Mason and O'Meley, in SOO 2.

Still need maybe 2 outside backs.

Bay56

First Grade
Agree that we need two outside backs as well ... get that combination going and we are in for a real chance at 2007 although I suspect it will take Henry at least a year to rid the place of all the negatives left over from Elliott's stay here.

dubby

Bench
Macko8 said:
ahhhhh the 2nd player is a queenslander 2......therefore it cant be brent kite

Funny you mention Brent Kite. He recently purchased a house in Quenbeyan.
An ex junior who has slipped through the ranks, he would add plenty up front.
I bet we'll see MR Kite in the ACT in the next 18 months or so.

Lets imagine for a second, that my source is accurate. Here's what 07 could look like in the forwards...

8.Weyman
9.Linc
10. Thommo
11.Lilyman
12.TLL
13. Tongue

THen you have Miller, Thurling, TIlse, WIlliams, Raston.....*drools*

Man, what a pack of monsters!! Young, aggresive and plenty of talent.
Maybe Thommo is on the move with rumours of this happening?
Plus, if we get Kite in 08, well we have a pack thats full of future stars.
TLL will play Origin by 08, WEyman should as well, and both are future Aust. reps.....WOW :cool:

Macko8

Juniors
dubby said:
Funny you mention Brent Kite. He recently purchased a house in Quenbeyan.
An ex junior who has slipped through the ranks, he would add plenty up front.
I bet we'll see MR Kite in the ACT in the next 18 months or so.

Lets imagine for a second, that my source is accurate. Here's what 07 could look like in the forwards...

8.Weyman
9.Linc
10. Thommo
11.Lilyman
12.TLL
13. Tongue

THen you have Miller, Thurling, TIlse, WIlliams, Raston.....*drools*

Man, what a pack of monsters!! Young, aggresive and plenty of talent.
Maybe Thommo is on the move with rumours of this happening?
Plus, if we get Kite in 08, well we have a pack thats full of future stars.
TLL will play Origin by 08, WEyman should as well, and both are future Aust. reps.....WOW :cool:

kite in canberra again aye,well then, this could mean two things

-his leaving manly at seasons end????Quenbeyan is a long way from brooky for training and games though.
-or his thinking about the future.....who knows

what matters is we are getting 2 promising young forwards who will partner our other young talent in the forwards and give us a more than better future than any other club.

Panjabi

Juniors
The Kite clan have long lived in Queanbeyan, Brent has a large family consisiting of upteen brothers, sisters and cousins. He might of just bought the house with the intention of moving here after his playing days are over or perhaps a move sooner?

Macko8

Juniors
Macko8 said:
kite in canberra again aye,well then, this could mean two things

-his leaving manly at seasons end????Quenbeyan is a long way from brooky for training and games though.
-or his thinking about the future.....who knows

what matters is we are getting 2 promising young forwards who will partner our other young talent in the forwards and give us a more than better future than any other club.