What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

live updates trial saints v dogs

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
dogs have their regulars for the whole game.
You f**king beauty. 2nd string side in the 2nd half, full of youngsters and fringe players against a near full strength Doggies. Well done guys, pitty we didnt hold any of the first half chances. Thanks Godz you champion for posting the updates. Bring on the Bunnies. Great effort all round, NYC and the Shellies......
Nope, most of the top-liners disappeared around 60 minutes... Bryson Goodwin, Ennis, Hannant, Noddy lots of them went off and didn't come back. Patten didn't play much, if any of the second half from memory.

thommo4pm

Coach
Nope, most of the top-liners disappeared around 60 minutes... Bryson Goodwin, Ennis, Hannant, Noddy lots of them went off and didn't come back. Patten didn't play much, if any of the second half from memory.

Kimmorley & Patten didn't play any of the second half, they were the only ones who didn't.
Hannant & Hodgson were both on until 10 minutes left.
You guys had a team of regular first graders out there still.

Timmah

Staff member
Without Kimmorley and Patten. Same concept if you guys took Soward and Boyd off in the first half.

As has been said, it was a trial and not worth looking into terribly, but if we're going to claim a second string side won, at least be honest about the opposition not being completely full strength either...

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I hate to agree with the scummy brodogs supporter but it was just a trial. Although the win was good it doesn't mean much in the end except a tiny bit of satisfaction. I'm just gutted about Tagive.

thommo4pm

Coach
I don't think any of us said it was more than a trial.

However believe me the Dogs fans down there were treating it as more than a trial until they fell behind on the score board in the 80th minute.

It was a great come from behind victory for our young blokes up against regular 1st graders.

Timmah - you guys used a squad of 21 regular first grade players...there was no U/20's or the like used for your team.
As I have acknowledged in your forum, you used different combo's and had Patten & Kimmorley off for the 2nd half, but all other players for your team were used at some stage of the 2nd half.

Rex Terp

First Grade
The Bulldogs fans had the drums out, they were chanting, booing Saints, booing Soward, booing the ref.....and it was grand final celebrations when Idris scored.

Biggest dickhead fans in the NRL.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
The Bulldogs fans had the drums out, they were chanting, booing Saints, booing Soward, booing the ref.....and it was grand final celebrations when Idris scored.

Yes they are...scummiest fans in the league and they're too stupid to realise it.

Seeing St George win is as good a feeling as watching the bullscum lose

Timmah

Staff member
I don't think any of us said it was more than a trial.

However believe me the Dogs fans down there were treating it as more than a trial until they fell behind on the score board in the 80th minute.

It was a great come from behind victory for our young blokes up against regular 1st graders.

Timmah - you guys used a squad of 21 regular first grade players...there was no U/20's or the like used for your team.
As I have acknowledged in your forum, you used different combo's and had Patten & Kimmorley off for the 2nd half, but all other players for your team were used at some stage of the 2nd half.

21? There were about 5 blokes who played NSW or Toyota earlier in the night who got a run in FG... I saw jerseys 23-24-25-26 from memory, none of which were on the program. Blokes like Tim Browne, Heka Nanai, a few others I couldn't even tell who they were...

:shock:! How dare they come to a football match and show support! Shame on them! [-X

thommo4pm

Coach
21? There were about 5 blokes who played NSW or Toyota earlier in the night who got a run in FG... I saw jerseys 23-24-25-26 from memory, none of which were on the program. Blokes like Tim Browne, Heka Nanai, a few others I couldn't even tell who they were...

:shock:! How dare they come to a football match and show support! Shame on them! [-X

Ok, at the end of the match you had the following players on the field:
Green
Idris
Roberts
Hickey
Paea
Warburton
Turner
Halatau
Gordon
Tia Killifi
Payne - went off with a few minutes left with a shoulder injury
Hannant - went off with 10 to go
Hodgson - went off at same time as Hannant
Ennis - went off with 20mins to go
Stagg & Morris only played about 15 minutes of the second half for you.

You can't tell me that's not a stack more 1st grade experience players or potential 1st graders than we had on the field for the entire second half.

We had Hunt & Prior as regular first graders on for the 2nd half.

Anyway, good to see the passion is back from all supporters, and I think we all know that first half last night had a little more feeling than a normal trial match.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Tim, you trolling in here calling people liars and sulking about the game isn't a good look.

redvscotty

First Grade
Weren't some Dogs supporters touting this as the 'revenge' match?

/endtroll

It's always satisfying to get a win, but you must also realise the game means squat.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hooked said:
Willow, it's a forum. Stop being so precious.
Haha! You could always report my post.

Look, you didn't get your REVENGE. Take it like a man.
Bite on that troll.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: Calling me a troll then fall back on the fishing line. Well played :lol:

St. Linnane

First Grade
Timmah, do you feel the need to post in other teams forums to increase your post count?

It was a trial. Both teams can take a lot out of the match but they both have a bit to work on. Dogs need to improve discipline especially; both teams need to improve execution. Both teams are defensively good for this time of the year.

Some Dogs fans were carrying on like it was a premiership round and there were two points on the line. It was a great feeling to snatch the win and shut them up, even though it was only a trial.

Latest posts