What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locky is #1

macavity

Referee
Or at least he should be (for Oz, that is...) if the Tiges knock Brisbane out of the finals this weekend.

Mini to wing (although he is an awesome fullback...) and Barrett to #6 (if the Steelers continue their form).

If Locky can't drag such an awesome side out of their form slump at 5/8 he doesn't deserve to stay at 6 - the halves are too important to have someone out-of-form steering the team around. The only spanner is the possible unavailability of Joey for test #1. In that case Lockyer gets his chance - and is shuffled if he doesn't star.

*puts on flame suit*

Mr Saab

Referee
nice in theory, but i cant see it happening with Bennett as coach and also after what Lockyer did as the test 5/8 last yr.

can't see it happening with the form Hodgson and Mini have been in this year anyway. Can't justify selecting a player out of position when probably the form player of the comp is a fullback week in week out.

Lockyer was a freak fullback, but not anymore!

Booyah

Bench
I'd like to see Lockyer slot in at FB for the Tri-nations. It might be a little unfair to Mini but then at least Australia can use 3 ball players; Barrett, Johns, Lockyer simultaneously.

Mr Saab

Referee
i dont think Lockyer has trained as a fullback since the end of 2003.
Positional play in defence, catching bombs, grubbers etc..
He could slot in, but players should be picked by their position.
Very unfair to minichiello to be picked on the wing.
And also unfair to wingers like Matt King and Eric Grothe

Kiwi

First Grade
Lockyer wont be moved, sure he is down on form, but he wont be the first or last Australian player picked when not in their best form.

Lockyer still is one of the top 2 players in the world, and who can forget what he did to England last year in the final.

OVP

Coach
Kiwi said:
Lockyer wont be moved, sure he is down on form, but he wont be the first or last Australian player picked when not in their best form.

Lockyer still is one of the top 2 players in the world, and who can forget what he did to England last year in the final.

Agreed. And not only that, im really looking forward to seeing a Lockyer + Johns combination ... it think that will be a ripper just watching them in action together for the first time. Its bad luck to Barrett though, but maybe he can even come on at lock at some stage. He's certainly big enough.

Meanie

Juniors
OVP said:
Agreed. And not only that, im really looking forward to seeing a Lockyer + Johns combination ... it think that will be a ripper just watching them in action together for the first time. Its bad luck to Barrett though, but maybe he can even come on at lock at some stage. He's certainly big enough.

I don't see why Barrett can't start at lock, especially if Kennedy doesn't tour.

Billy Gunn

Juniors
Mini and Hodgo's form is better this year than Locky's best year at fullback I would think he would struggle to get anywhere near those two

Mr Saab

Referee
Billy Gunn said:
Mini and Hodgo's form is better this year than Locky's best year at fullback I would think he would struggle to get anywhere near those two

you have a selective memory....very selective memory.

rubbish... when lockyer was at the back he was awesome. I honestly felt he challenged Johns for the best player in the game tag. Since moving to 6, he has dropped away a bit. I wanted him to play 6, but I think the extra defensive work has really stifled his game

yy_cheng

Coach
Locky and Johns? I always wondered if this combo would work. Both players like to have the ball in their hands for nearly every attacking play.

ozboy

Juniors
Minichiello is a better fullback than Lockyer.

Lockyer will be the 6 come TN time, maybe the better move could be Trent Barrett to lock forward.

PARANoIR

Bench
Meanie said:
I don't see why Barrett can't start at lock, especially if Kennedy doesn't tour.

Because Bennett's a tool and will pick Tonie Carroll that fat lard at Lock instead of Barrett.

aussies1st

Staff member
yy_cheng said:
Locky and Johns? I always wondered if this combo would work. Both players like to have the ball in their hands for nearly every attacking play.

I second that. Ever since Lockyer became a World Class 5/8 I have always wonder how he would go with Johns.

Hodgson and Mini has been the form fullbacks and should be rewarded.

Mr Saab

Referee
PARANoIR said:
Because Bennett's a tool and will pick Tonie Carroll that fat lard at Lock instead of Barrett.

TC is not fat, but i also think he shouldnt be picked this yr.

Charlie Saab said:
nice in theory, but i cant see it happening with Bennett as coach and also after what Lockyer did as the test 5/8 last yr.

You've got to admit that his been dreadful this year deadset Barrett owns him and even Sutton or Anasta have been having more of an impact.

ozboy

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
TC is not fat, but i also think he shouldnt be picked this yr.

I'm sure that if Bennett had his way, the whole Bronco's team would be playing for Australia.