What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer - Hunt

Dazzat

First Grade
Maybe the Kiwis would stand a better chance if they changed the rules from players with New Zealand grand-parents to the actual grand-parents playing themselves.

ozbash

Referee
Dazzat said:
Maybe the Kiwis would stand a better chance if they changed the rules from players with New Zealand grand-parents to the actual grand-parents playing themselves.

:lol: :lol: geez, thats a good one. :lol: :lol:

Likely Lad

Juniors
Back on the subject about packs.

Most of the Kiwi Forwards are honest hard working players, nothing special (Except for SBW and obviously he isn't playing).
While the Aussie Forwards aren't as good as most of the packs they have had, they still have quality, especially Mason, Hindmarsh, Civonceva and the unfairly maligned Kite and Tupou. While Kiwis have Kidwell(Average, on a good day), Pritchard(Oh Dear), Mannering(A centre). Sure they have Asotasi, but the rest aren't anything special or are past there best, so how Kiwi fans can gloat about there pack dominating is optimsim at it's finest.

Likely Lad

Juniors
ozbash said:
Mason - quality :lol:
You obviously didn't watch the ANZAC test and Origin.

Mason has more talent in his little finger the Kidwell has in his whole body.

One hit doesn't make a player.:lol:

JJ

Immortal
Asotasi, Wiki and Cayless are average? :lol: Blair, Faalogo and Mannering are good too...

don't forget who we're missing - SBW, Puletua, Ali, Solomona....

I've seen Mason owned so many times by the Warriors and kiwis it's not worth discussing any more

Likely Lad

Juniors
JJ said:
Asotasi, Wiki and Cayless are average? :lol: Blair, Faalogo and Mannering are good too...

I've seen Mason owned so many times by the Warriors and kiwis it's not worth discussing any more
Asotasi is good, Wiki and Cayless are past there best.
Blair and Faalogo are the definition of average, Mannering is a centre.
While SBW is special, Puletua is solid, Ali is alright and Solomona had Wakefield fans wanting to get rid of him.

Mason is more talented the any of those players except SBW.
And he OWNED the Kiwis in the ANZAC test.

badav

Bench
puletua isnt anything special, why would you bother bringing up Ali? From what ive heard he's not injured. Hes just not good enough to make the cut anymore. I guess thats what you get for playing in a 2nd rate competition for most of your career.

miccle

Bench
JJ said:

I've seen the Warriors and Kiwis defeated even more times, yet there's a whole forum to discuss that in!

Go figure.

mxlegend99

Referee
badav said:
puletua isnt anything special, why would you bother bringing up Ali? From what ive heard he's not injured. Hes just not good enough to make the cut anymore. I guess thats what you get for playing in a 2nd rate competition for most of your career.
Actually, he was released for personal reasons. Something to do with his family.

Although he wasn't in the best of form while playing. He wasn't performing any worse then some other fellas.

Mr Saab

Referee
JJ said:
So if Aust win the final, we can say "Aust were just lucky they got to face a NZ team without Williams, Marshall, Puletua, Lauitiiti, Solomona, and Vainikolo?"
Excellent!

Why not, works for me ;-)

JJ

Immortal
Likely Lad said:
Asotasi is good, Wiki and Cayless are past there best.
, Mannering is a centre.

are you even watching??

Cayless has been great, Asotasi is probably the best prop in the world, Wiki has been amazing (I had though he was past his best, but was wrong), and Mannering has always been a backrower...

as for solid, how else would you describe Ryan and O'Donnell??

As for O'Meley - he's a myth :lol:

badav

Bench
mxlegend99 said:
Actually, he was released for personal reasons. Something to do with his family.

Although he wasn't in the best of form while playing. He wasn't performing any worse then some other fellas.

I mean Ali Lauitiiti i just worded the post badly. Kiwis talk about him like he's some genius but he was overlooked and when people like pritchard are there ahead of him that doesnt say much for where his at, at the moment (in terms of form)

fat_mike

Juniors
JJ said:
good we agree then :D

Seriously - Aust are the favourites... but this is the worst Australian team I can remember - in the players (esp the forwards) and the form...

I believe that if the Kiwi forwards dominate you will not be lucky enough to get away with a win again... more often than not the dominant pack wins... it's possible, there is certainly some brilliance in that backline, but don't talk about Thurston cutting us up, that's f**king funny... Lockyer may well cut us up, but nobody else will... except running off Lockyer... but if our forwards are on top, that's much less likely

LOL

just thought i'd bump this thread for the benefit of JJ.

cheers mate, classic stuff

mxlegend99

Referee
HAHAHAHA yeah.

Gasnier tore them a new one on several occassions, and the Kiwis are just lucky Tate was there to f**k up those opportunities.

Thurston was the man that won the game. Lockyer wasn't the one they had to watch out for... He had a solid game, not great... and thanks to the class around him, we won.

Although a few Aussie supporters were proven wrong also:

badav said:
Asotasi and Wiki are quality. Kidwell and pritchard are useless. Kidwell aint no hitman . Unless you count one head clash with willie mason.
Pritchard was far from useless :)

badav said:
Kidwell and Pritchard will get shown up this week. They will go out there try to put on a few big shoulder charges then go missing for the rest of the game.

People bagging out on specific players were proven wrong. Mason had a massive game, as did Thurston. Likewise with Pritchard for the Kiwi's. Infact, i thought nearly everyone on the field had really good games.

Still... i can't see why Tate was playing instead of King. Maybe it was to even things up a little.

JJ

Immortal
I wouldn't say Thurston "cut us up" :roll:

He made a break in the second half of injury time when we were down to 14 players and exhausted...

A small man was always going to make a break, and he did it...

He played well, but Jones was at least as good. As was said, everyone played pretty well.

mxlegend99

Referee
JJ said:
I wouldn't say Thurston "cut us up" :roll:

He made a break in the second half of injury time when we were down to 14 players and exhausted...

A small man was always going to make a break, and he did it...

He played well, but Jones was at least as good. As was said, everyone played pretty well.
You made out as though Lockyer was the only Aussie to watch out for. Others pointed out the likes of Thurston and Gasnier and you shrugged them off.

Gasnier and Thurston specifically, ripped the Kiwi defence apart a few times. They set up our only 2 tries. Both teams were quality and very evenly matched, our backline brilliance is what won it for us though.

The worst player on the field was easily Brent Tate IMO.

Latest posts