What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer Lovefest

little_aza

Juniors
I respect the man as a footballer beyond all others...but this is going a little far - for generations to come, the bogans will think the Lockyer valley was named after Darren..quite a lol.

Furthermore, if they were going to name a road after him, at least pick a nice place - it's some of the least inspiring countryside in the world. While it's absurdly fertile, it includes Kwality destinations such as Toowoomba, Withcott, Gatton, Marburg, Laidley, Plainland = the highest concentration of boganism (south of Bundaberg) this side of the Great Divide...

Dragon2010

First Grade
Can we re-name QLD while we are it? :crazy:

Personally, Respect the bloke massively as a footballer and he's a great player deserves a great send off but enough is enough. The media are hyping like this like no-tomorrow and there is more important things to focus in the news and what's going in the world rather then this.

We have more important issues and yet hyping up Darren seems to be their only focus. I think this is my kill for the whole situation; Yet this ain't Darren's fault so I can't blame him.

Yes he was a great player, yes he deserves to be remembered but it's just overboard now.

Jason Maher

Immortal
http://www.news.com.au/national/rug...-named-after-him/story-e6frfkvr-1226149247468

218145-110928-lockyer.jpg

An 85km stretch of the Warrego Highway will be renamed Darren Lockyer Way.

Bloody hell! All Wally ever got was some spray-on hair named after him...

dogslife

Coach
I respect the man as a footballer beyond all others...but this is going a little far - for generations to come, the bogans will think the Lockyer valley was named after Darren..quite a lol.

Furthermore, if they were going to name a road after him, at least pick a nice place - it's some of the least inspiring countryside in the world. While it's absurdly fertile, it includes Kwality destinations such as Toowoomba, Withcott, Gatton, Marburg, Laidley, Plainland = the highest concentration of boganism (south of Bundaberg) this side of the Great Divide...

Fourex will probably have you try and believe it was named after him, even before he was born, because there was a prophecy, or a story in the bible about a great football player who is the third coming of Jesus :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

To be fair, it is a road he did travel quite often as a boy. so there is aan association.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Can we re-name QLD while we are it? :crazy:

Personally, Respect the bloke massively as a footballer and he's a great player deserves a great send off but enough is enough. The media are hyping like this like no-tomorrow and there is more important things to focus in the news and what's going in the world rather then this.

We have more important issues and yet hyping up Darren seems to be their only focus. I think this is my kill for the whole situation; Yet this ain't Darren's fault so I can't blame him.

Yes he was a great player, yes he deserves to be remembered but it's just overboard now.

Legend of the game but this is absolutely ridiculous. Was a footballer really the best candidiate for this?

blaza88z

Coach
You should post Brissy's... oh, maybe do that on the weekend, it'll take some time to find it

Yeah I wouldn't know which of the 6 would be most worth bumping, the win in 92, or the win in 93, the opposition was sub-standard in both games but a win's a win I suppose. I guess the positive is that the all teams in the comp that year was eligible to play for points.

little_aza

Juniors
To be fair, it is a road he did travel quite often as a boy. so there is aan association.

So did I, far too many times. And so do thousands every day. In fact, 52% of all freight going out of the Port of Brisbane does. Perhaps calling it the Vegetabale Way would be appropriate - it even describes the locals too....

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yeah I wouldn't know which of the 6 would be most worth bumping, the win in 92, or the win in 93, the opposition was sub-standard in both games but a win's a win I suppose. I guess the positive is that the all teams in the comp that year was eligible to play for points.

:lol: Stick to 9/11 theories, at least your fellow crackpots will think you provide some sort of intelligent input.. even if it is only beautifully constructed jpegs on the Pentagon collision

THE CHAMP

First Grade
There have been sugestions that a state in Australia will be named after him.
Its only right considering he already owns it.

New South Locky