What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer Lovefest

RABK

Referee
Definitely gone overboard considering Fittler, Johns and Daley who were all better players got about 30 minutes of tributes between them by Channel 9.

RABK

Referee
Great facebook group that one - 'Going out for a quiet one and waking up with a voice like Darren Lockyer'

That's a great tribute.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
All right...not long to go, the boy has his Locky mask, little miss angry has her 6 Qlder Jersey on...the old man is asking when queens park rangers start....I am ready to cheer on the team playing Manly.

Fire up and worship!

isaiah

Bench
so much love for the 4th or 5th best player of his generation....

i think his place in the history of the game will be the 8th immortal. he has not only played more games than anyone but played at the highest level in 2 positions, won some premierships,, even changed the way the modern game is played, playing lots of games for one club and being one of the first chosen in rep teams is not a combination seen very often, most of the great club players haven't shone in rep footy, and a lot of great rep players either played for multiple clubs for the money like mercenaries or played not many games for their clubs over a lot of years because the load of rep and club footy caused them to breakdown and miss games.

isaiah

Bench
Two can play your game.

Not bitter, not angry just an observation. You guys love Locky, its ok.

Don't remember this love for Mal or Webcke even Wally. Darren is very special to you guys.

Just because you want to bring others into it does not make the observation less.

Cletus Fourex will have a tear in his eye.
webcke definately had as good a send off, i went to that and bought the t shirt. lewis was pushed out of the club and had a low key finish at the GC, mal had the big finish at the raiders as i remember

Mr Fourex

Bench
All right...not long to go, the boy has his Locky mask, little miss angry has her 6 Qlder Jersey on...the old man is asking when queens park rangers start....I am ready to cheer on the team playing Manly.

Fire up and worship!

Woot woot !!

........watch out mr whiny I'm half pissed and watching "the Farmer wants a wife"

F*ck that Belinda......what a bitch!!

dogslife

Coach
Pretty much the reason why I don't buy the courier mail any more (besides the garbage journalism). I'm happy for locky to get his dues paid, but f**k it's been unbearable of late. I lost count of how many times ch 9 advertised locky's last game and locky's lap of honour, and how locky's poo is made of gold. I'll leave the country if the broncs jag a premiership

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Let the love begin.......

Darren, great player, great leader.

The clutch is in, Darren says when the clutch comes into play.

Put 50 on Manly

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
A special LOL@50uff$, glad you pulled that string Greg?

How good would it have been if Darren was a twin.. could have played 6 and 1.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Pretty much the reason why I don't buy the courier mail any more (besides the garbage journalism). I'm happy for locky to get his dues paid, but f**k it's been unbearable of late. I lost count of how many times ch 9 advertised locky's last game and locky's lap of honour, and how locky's poo is made of gold. I'll leave the country if the broncs jag a premiership

:lol: .......book now. It'll be cheaper for you.

eozsmiles

Bench
I am stressing for the Bronco's a little bit. It's as though today means more than next week. I don't know anything about Griffin and I'm curious how things are running behind closed doors. While Storm and Manly are winding up to peak over the next month the Bronco's have a big day today. Kind of similar to the Knights as they put it all into friday's game against the Bunnies and will probably be flat next week. I want the Bronco's to play their best footy from next week onwards and not peak today.
The flip side is that if they don't put a flogging on today they must be out of form or lacking focus - Manly should be cactus. So they have to peak today even though they want to peak next week. Weird situation.

Timbo

Staff member
This is beyond sickening on channel 9. Nothing against Lockyer or what he's achieved but ffs, he's retiring not dying.

dogslife

Coach
Is there going to be a f**king game on today? I'm assuming it's Darren Lockyer vs Manly correct?