What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer MOTM

ozbash

Referee
Nathan Cayless was also exceptional IMO. Worked his tail off and made some great metres.

best game ive seen cayless play for a long time, i take all the bad things i said about him back.

Jeremy Smith for me, closely followed by Sammy Rapira.

innsaneink

Referee
Thats one medal none of us will ever see again, it will spend eternity at the back of his sock drawer, or under the sink with the draino.

Poul

Juniors
Jeremy Smith for the try saving ankle tap on Thurston which one them the game.

Also impressed with Harrison and Mannering for shutting down Thurston, Inglis and for that hit on Lockyer.

I think that Jeremy Smith was the MOM. He put heaps of pressure on Johnathon Thurston, and I'd agree that his ankle tap on Thurston could have been the difference between winning and losing.When Thurston dummied and made the break it reminded me of the 2006 TN Final, but this time the try was not scored.
I do think that Lockyer played well, other than the bad miss on Hohaia, but really a Kiwi should have got the award. Adam Blair would also have been a worthy recipient. From the comments in this thread, it is obvious that quite a few Kiwis had good games, as many were chosen as
"MOM".

bologna from all of you!!!!

lockyer is number 1!!!

they also shouldve given him medals for:

Best bad voice
best combover
best player ever

do you think jeremy smith could pull off a combover like that when he starts balding? do you think sam rapiras voice is as cool as lockys? i dont think so.

also a medal to loudstrat for his constant use of heather for lockyer. noone knows why he says heather, nor has anyone else ever used it before. so in spirit of loudstrat. i will now refer to Nathan Hindmarsh as Jill, Kurt Gidley as Candice, Chris Sandow as Paula and Michael Crocker as Dane Carlaw

My deFinition of MOTM= The person contributing most to a team winning= FEIN, MOTS= The person contributing most to the winning of a series= FEIN, bout time people realised what a class act this guy is, and that NZ really turned themselves around with him @ 7, must have finished NRL as 2nd best 7 as well!

yea but he's an australian...
Get over yourself you c**k, and for f**k sake if you think your funny with that Nia cartoon your a f**ken loser, f**k off you f**ken prick that's the least funniest thing i've ever seen, I hear your a sheila but i'd still f**ken slap you across the face for having that on your page take it down you insensitive bitch!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
also a medal to loudstrat for his constant use of heather for lockyer. noone knows why he says heather, nor has anyone else ever used it before. so in spirit of loudstrat. i will now refer to Nathan Hindmarsh as Jill, Kurt Gidley as Candice, Chris Sandow as Paula and Michael Crocker as Dane Carlaw

I'll give $50 to the first motorsport journalist/commentator who refers to Jamie "Two Girls" Wincup.

Pass the Ball

Juniors
Was that the MOM or a turnstyle that did not defend his own goal line..

Jeremy Smith for mine - He was outstanding...

He was good at the Storm but under Benett at the Dragons, this guy can be anything...

Iafeta

Referee
Darrell Williams said the panel tried to change their vote with 3 minutes of the game remaining but were told by the World Cup Officials that their initial vote was final. Sometimes rugby league baffles you with it's overwhelming desire to go against the notion of common sense.

ozbash

Referee
Get over yourself you c**k, and for f**k sake if you think your funny with that Nia cartoon your a f**ken loser, f**k off you f**ken prick that's the least funniest thing i've ever seen, I hear your a sheila but i'd still f**ken slap you across the face for having that on your page take it down you insensitive bitch!

Pita Sharples was talking about people like you last week, after Nia's killers were found guilty of murder.

Truth hurts I guess.

Bigfella

Coach
As long as they have to put the votes in 10 mins before full time they will continue to get it badly wrong.

Had Slater gone around Vatuvei and run the length of the field we'd all be saying how he should have been MOM.

The game wasn't won with 10 to go so how could MOM have been decided then?

Latest posts