What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOL@50uFF$ V: Send it upstairs!

LOL@5(c)uFF$ VI: The loser is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gypsy

Bench
ashes.jpg

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Souths season might be dead but Australian rugby league is not dead.

The saying 'when souffs are doing well league is doing well' has been disproven many times at the lol@50uff$ institute. A truer statement is: 'when souffs are playing, everyone is loling'.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
saturday night's result through the eyes of a dragons fan:

ma7zpj.jpg

saturday night's result through the eyes of a souffs fan:

sheildw.png

betcats

Referee
I honestly think Matt King should cop a suspension for bringing the game into disrepute with that hair, f**ken clown.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
speaking of matt king... i wonder how long he'll stick around in the top grade for?

the efforts i've seen in the trials have been laughable at best, hardly 'captain' material..

which begs two questions:

1. if king gets dropped, do souffs elect another captain, or do they move back to the risky & lowly number of only 4 captains?
  2. if a player with 6 years NRL experience, state of origin and country honours can't make the grade in the NRL after only a few years in the superleague, how will a coach with no NRL experience and only superleague experience cope?
so far it's 0 from 3 for maguire against NRL teams... actually 0 from 4 if you count last year's WCC...

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Hi all. This is my first post. I have been a long time reader of these forums and the LOL@5(c)ouff$ mega threads that have ensued since the phrase was first coined a long, long time ago (though, obviously, not as long a time as since when 5(c)ouff$ last won a comp.

My name is Pete and my nickname is Pistol as I have an occasional propensity to go off a bit early at times and I thought to myself `what better place to make a first post than inside a 5(c)ouff$ thread where readers of the internet are again subjected to the Redfern Rabble proclaiming that this is their year' ?

I missed the grand final at the weekend so would also like to be filled in on how the Homebush Rabbletoes got on. I know it is February when I read articles about Owen Craigie training the house down, John Sutton maturing, Isaac Luke spending the offseason in Wainuiamata tackling soccer goalposts and a new coaching messiah has arrived on Chalmers St all excited (usually because he only has 12 months of work left before he becomes retired and starts dipping into his super and/or claiming centrelink benefits as his CV has been marked `never to coach again').

This looks to be a very even comp on paper and I can see 5(c)ouff$ having a battle on their hands to reclaim their 9th spot they so heartbreaking lost in Round 26 last season.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
My name is Pete and my nickname is Pistol as I have an occasional propensity to go off a bit early at times and I thought to myself `what better place to make a first post than inside a 5(c)ouff$ thread where readers of the internet are again subjected to the Redfern Rabble proclaiming that this is their year' ?

Then why don't they call you lol@50uff$ Pete? ;-)

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
:? Ronnie have you got a thing for Coops???

Yes. He's a premiership winning club legend.

Back OT - Has anyone posted the link from The Telecrap from yesty where Fenech says there was a lot of Melbourne about Souths performance of Satdee night?

Sure, it was an improved defensive display, but why do Souths have such a concentration of half wit supporters who get excited and shoot their load after the Charity Shield? Which they lost?

Any wonder its a LOL@5(c)ff$ World.

Last edited:

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
To be honest every year in the last 40 has been a great year for lolling@5(c)ouffs. Even when the unwashed masses were greatly excited in 1989 they were bundled in straight sets. 1971 seems such a long time ago doesn't it. Whitlam hadn't even been elected yet, let alone dismissed, Joel Garner hadn't made his test debut.

I have just been wiki-ing and I see that the great Matthew Hayden was born that year. There is a strange irony that the king of batting against zimbabwe and bangladesh was born in the same year that the team who won the bulk of their 20 comps by beating the likes of Newtown, Glebe, Annandale, University, Cumberland, Newcastle Mk 1 et al last tasted the Moet in September.

Tweek

Juniors
Yes. He's a premiership winning club legend.

Back OT - Has anyone posted the link from The Telecrap from yesty where Fenech says there was a lot of Melbourne about Souths performance of Satdee night?

Sure, it was an improved defensive display, but why do Souths have such a concentration of half wit supporters who get excited and shoot their load after the Charity Shield? Which they lost?

Any wonder its a LOL@5(c)ff$ World.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...rne-like-defence/story-e6frfgbo-1226275295207

which is a load of crap, dragons can't beat melbourne but we did LOL@5(c)uff$ easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts