What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lolesi

bulldog

Bench
The guy seems to be growing into an important member of the side in the absence of so many stars, comes up with the right play in defence more often than not and hits hard, not to mention his involvement in attack. He's not getting much praise but I'm very impressed with his game lately.

Dogaholic

First Grade
I agree. I am dissappointed that he only wants to sign a one year deal though(I think he wants to leave himself open for a possible move to the GC). If that is the case, I think we should forget about signing him at all and concentrate on the future (Phelps & Tonga in the Centre's), freeing up money to sign out more notable stars.

bulldog

Bench
A lot of guys seem to be hanging thier contract negotiations on a possible move to the GC. There are bound to be a lot of disappointed players re-negotiating thier 1 yr deals around this time next year.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Tonga to the GC? First I have heard of that one. I thought that Toga was very happy here at the dogs.

RB30DETT

Juniors
Bulldog Power said:
so why did he sign a one year contract only insisting upon it?

Maybe with the players off contract when he was, he knew he could not ask for as much so decided 1 year was they way to go?

JK

I thought that it was public about Tonga to the GC?

I remember being p!$$ed about both centres wanting to leave when they were nevilles before coming to us.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I told you all
J-Lo is god! you all called me silly, you called me a fool and most of all you called me a sh*t stirrer :lol:
Now you are all coming to the relisation that i was infact right... Willie who? Sonny who Williams? Mark O'What? J-Lo if your god! Bow to him!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Don't worry about the whole 1yr deal thing for Tonga.

He may not go anywhere - a lot of smart managers are telling their players to sign for 1 year so that when a new club (fully cashed up) comes into the competition, then there is that extra money being thrown around to lure some higher profile players. Which of course means that their value goes up - which means that if their club wants to sign them they will have to pay that little bit more than normal.

That's probably a large part of the decision behind a lot of players signing for just 1 year.

atomic_crimson

Juniors
tonga signed a one year deal with the option of a second year...

lolesi will go to the gold coast if he signs for a year!

lolesi i have always rated... however lately his kicking?? wtf is up there

Dog-E

Juniors
Lolesi has looked like he was playing p!ssed for the majority of this season!...Shambolic, disinterested, lazy, error-prone - those are ALL words that could have been aptly used to describe Mr. Lolesi in 2005...Until the last 2 weeks, where he has actually decided to run FORWARDS again, instead of ever sideways or backwards...And has at least looked as if he was TRYING, finally!

Wobbygong

First Grade
Lolesi won't leave the doggies.

One of Mason or Anasta will leave and free up 300k at least

I heard Souths are after Mason and Anasta for a massive package deal.

I still don't think they'd risk their careers by joining the perennial wooden spooners.

I heard Canberra is after Mason in a big way as well.

spooky

Juniors
Apparently he's looking at a one year deal with Hull for 2006. If this happens he'll be playing alongside Nathan Blacklock. Do you think they'd make a decent partnership?

Latest posts