What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Live King Gutherson

Chipmunk

Coach
I think this is Gutho's last year at fullback. The body just says No.

Where does everyone see Ryles playing Gutho next season?

Ideally he'd be most suited to 6, but will we move our current 6 to accommodate that?

He could play centre, but I think he's going to be wasted as a centre.

He is still likely to be in our Top 3 most important players, and highest paid, in 2025, and he needs to be on the field for 80 minutes, so 14 is just plain stupid.

He has the motor and skill level to play both 9 and 13, although it would depend what our style is like to whether he would be suited to 13.

Thoughts?

JokerEel

Coach
If he isn't playing fullback which I think he can if he gets his body right ..

His only option is 14...

Come on play 10-15 minutes as a replacement hooker or come on move to 6 and Brown to lock for a few minutes.

He isn't a winger a centre or 5/8. Well a starting one anyway.

He isn't a hooker either imagine a busted Guthos trying to get through 40 tackles a game ffs

Noise

Coach

Ideally he'd be most suited to 6, but will we move our current 6 to accommodate that?

He is still likely to be in our Top 3 most important players, and highest paid, in 2025, and he needs to be on the field for 80 minutes, so 14 is just plain stupid.

He has the motor and skill level to play both 9 and 13, although it would depend what our style is like to whether he would be suited to 13.

Thoughts?
I’ve been saying for a while 14. Can cover the halves, back line, and hooker. Lacks pace to be a genuine threat in the backs / halves full time anymore

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Thoughts?
I reckon he could defend in the middle. In fact, he would make an excellent modern lock, especially with Paulo and RCG providing enough size already.

Chipmunk

Coach
If he isn't playing fullback which I think he can if he gets his body right ..

His only option is 14...

Come on play 10-15 minutes as a replacement hooker or come on move to 6 and Brown to lock for a few minutes.

He isn't a winger a centre or 5/8. Well a starting one anyway.

He isn't a hooker either imagine a busted Guthos trying to get through 40 tackles a game ffs
You don't pay people around $1m a season to play a bits and pieces roll off the bench

Last edited:
We are rolling in cash.

And I’m fighting hard for us to make him a decent offer to lure him away from you.

He was Brad all the way as you know.

Hes a solid player, I love his game and most of all, his attitude.

I’ve got Richos email and It would be remiss of me and would be neglecting my passion for the Tigers if I didn’t present his sensible case to our senior management.

I would play him at fb and move Bula to the wing, unless the To’o affair is finally resolved in our favour. Whispers are that we are close despite the public denials.

Last edited: