What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Live King Gutherson

Delboy

First Grade
On the Jam & Cheese podcast, Jam reckons Gutho is gorne -> Dragons.
If he has gone, it’s due to Flanagan offering Gutho fullback money to extend his career, is that sensible or a big risk. Don’t believe that was on the cards for an extension at the Eels.

Gronk

Staff member
If he has gone, it’s due to Flanagan offering Gutho fullback money to extend his career, is that sensible or a big risk. Don’t believe that was on the cards for an extension at the Eels.
Yes, the Reg scenario.

Incorrect

Coach
Maybe Flanagan has convinced him to start in the 6 now that Hunt is as good as gone. Flanagan Jnr at 7, Gutho 6, Sloan 1 and Cook 9...

King-Gutho94

Coach
Its a short term fix wont help them long term.

I think the consensus from most Parra fans i have spoken too is we don't want to lose him but anything more then 500-550k is really a detriment moving forward on the cap and affecting any chance we have getting success.

So were stuck where we basically have to let him go if the Dragons are willing offering 750-800k a season. You can't be competing with that at this stage of his career.

Maybe history is repeating

Wayne Bennett moved on the King in 1990 and he won 2 x comps with a younger roster a couple of years later.

While poor old Wally was stuck at the Seagulls winning spoons for fun

emjaycee

Coach
I heard that the Dragons/Flanagan have basically given up on Sloan being their long-term fullback.
Not sure how true it is.

84 Baby

Referee
Its a short term fix wont help them long term.

I think the consensus from most Parra fans i have spoken too is we don't want to lose him but anything more then 500-550k is really a detriment moving forward on the cap and affecting any chance we have getting success.
I reckon even further. That 500k would be directly related to how well he transitions to a new role and I think every year beyond 2026 is a risk at that amount

Latest posts